mtbr member

Pabst Blue Ribbon Rules

So who out there agrees with me... Nice cold PBR ? Nothing better on a hot day.. Classic American beer...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I am a complete beer snob, but if I want a light, American Lager, and ice cold PBR isn't the end of the world for me.

I usually keep some PBR in my beer fridge for just such a craving. It happens about 3-4 times a year.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Use to drink it in high school, as it was very affordable, and it did it's job.
    For a light lager nowadays, I'll have a few Yuenglings or Lions Head tallboys readily available.
    Same concept, better beer in my opinion.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Falls-a-Lot
    PBR is my favorite slumming beer. It's on the hoppy side and makes great beer brats, which is generally why we have it in the house. Plus I was born and raised in WI, so it's almost literally in my blood to like the stuff.
    '11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '11 Redline Conquest Apex
    '13 Salsa El Mariachi 3
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3

mtbr member
    PBR is surprisingly okay. First one I had was at the one and only fixed gear event/race I attended (go figure). Better than Budweiser in my opinion.
    Signature

mtbr member
    I grab it at local sporting events, concerts, and such. It's better than the other Busch and Miller offerings available.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I prefer Old Milwukee, PBR is a little like drinking wheat tea to me. I'm very much not a beer snob and greatly prefer Old Mil to anything else.

I grew up drinking Old Style but that started to get pricey a few years ago so I made the switch.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    So who out there agrees with me... Nice cold PBR ? Nothing better on a hot day.. Classic American beer...
    Use your search function. This very topic has been brought up many, many times.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hmm Old Mik best "the Beast' vs PBR. Tough one.. Either in a pinch!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Nowadays PBR gives me heartburn if I have more than 2, and I generally steer away from things that I'm supposed to like because everyone else does, that said, I used to roll with PBR exclusively because it was ALWAYS on sale for $4.29 a 12er at Alpha Beta. We'd keep it in the fridge, people would come over to shoot pool, we'd tell them there was beer int he fridge, they'd open it to see PBR and turn it down, mission accomplished, more beer for me and my buddy.

Tecate is my current favorite.