mtbr member
    Apr 2011

overwhelmed with beer selection

moved from slovakia to denver not long ago and i am pretty overwhelmed with beer selection here. there is applejack liquor store next door with beer selection i am not used to. i am looking for some recommendation. i know you dont know my taste buds, i am just curious what would be most recommended beers. i can start from one end and just pick different beer every time i am there. while in europe my go to beers were always pilsner and budvar, also like guinness. so far, over here i tried ipa, several of them, i really like the flavor and smell but they seem too heavy in stomach and i can barely finish bottle. just looking for some advice.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Go to Falling Rock Tap House and talk to one or two of the bartenders, try your best to describe what you like, and what you don't. You'll be on your way!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You could try to find a good bar. I've have heard, that in UK is imposible to buy a good beer in the shops, but in the small village bars is possible to get a good, self made beer.

I'm living in Latvia, so I don't have a problems to get a good bear. It's just my idea for you.

mtbr member
    Hit a bar and see if you can get flights of various beers in 3-4 oz each.

I second the flight idea. Go to a bunch of tap-houses and see what beers are on their flights. It's a good way to try a load of beers. Some places even have multiple flights with different styles. Try them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Beer Me!
    Denver is a superb area to get some top notch beer. I also agree with prior posts about getting flights to get a good variety. I also recommend coming up to Fort Collins some time or venturing over to boulder for some additional top notch brews.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

Hi.
    Buy as much as possible, as often as possible, and drink it all.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Buy as much as possible, as often as possible, and drink it all.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

^^^Hyperbole and a Half FTMFW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    If you're in Denver, try Odells beers. They all are very good. If you like pilsner, try the Double Pilsner. It is excellent.