Thread: Oops!

Sweat is just fat crying.

Smile Oops!

So I'm on my way to Carmel, and I stop at my favorite grocery store/delicatessen in San Juan Bautista, Windmill Market. Man, they have KILLER sandwiches. But I digress.

While I'm waiting for the sandwich to be made, I decide to check out the cooler- maybe they've got some beers in there I haven't tried, you never know. Welp, they've got a lot of the same old, same old, but wait. WTF? Both Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas are on sale, for $6.99. ALL OF THEM? It can't be true. I grabbed a sixxer of SN's Bigfoot and a sixxer of Lagunitas Day Time and practically ran to the front counter.

"Are these both $6.99?" I drooled in anticipation.

She scanned them both. "Yep."

Holy sh*t. These both normally go for over $10 where I've seen them. Too bad I'm on a budget, or I would have loaded up a shopping cart with all they had. As it was, I got another sixxer of Bigfoot. I'll be sitting pretty for a couple weeks, anyhoo.

Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

I eat cats
    SN Bigfoot was one of the first "big" beers I got into.. well before my 21st bday back '98. Nice find for that price!

Don't look down here...

Afric Pepperbird
    Every once in a while here in Bend, some great, great micros will be sold at the grocery stores for $6.99

I guess the distributors are as hard up for money as the rest of us!!??

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I find all the Deschutes beers for $6.99 on regular occasion. I like that Lagunitas fractional a lot for a lighter beer.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    That's really nice. The Sierra Nevada I often see on sale but not quite that affordable and hardly ever see the Lagunitas on sale like that. Recently New Belgium started distributing in Michigan and they may be out to compete because all of their 6-packs were priced at $7.15 at a Meijer store I was recently shopping at. I bought a 6 of Snow Day but haven't tried it yet.

backwoods and backwards
    I haven't seen Bigfoot 'round here for a couple months now. SN Celebration should be delivered next week, right?
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Celebration should be out now, I plan on getting a sixer tonight. My favorite seasonal/over all beer ever.

I eat cats
    Quote Originally Posted by droc089 View Post
    Celebration should be out now, I plan on getting a sixer tonight. My favorite seasonal/over all beer ever.
    I love Celebration Ale... Sad story. In my college dorm room years ago I had started a celebration ale collection. I had I think 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000 bottles (full).. We got in trouble for a party and the campus cops made me poor them all out. I pleaded with the guy saying they were for display but he said something to the effect of no alcohol means no alcohol. Grumpy jerk.

Don't look down here...

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    I haven't seen Bigfoot 'round here for a couple months now. SN Celebration should be delivered next week, right?
    Celebration has been out here in Bend for two weeks or so.

As a matter of factual matter, I was enjoying one right now when I opened this thread!

mtbr member
    Wow, that's a steal! Bigfoot is $11.99 here in CT.