Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    occasionally good

No bikee, how about beeree?

Hey, you Colorado peeps -

I obviously still can't ride but I'd love to get together for beers while I'm in Colorado for the next week or so. I'll be in Winter Park this weekend NOT riding the Fat Tire Classic , staying/working in Lakewood the following week, and then up in Eldora the following Saturday watching a friend of mine race (Jane, in case you're wondering Walt).

Any of you interested in getting together? If so, when/where?
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingirl1961
    Hey, you Colorado peeps -

I obviously still can't ride but I'd love to get together for beers while I'm in Colorado for the next week or so. I'll be in Winter Park this weekend NOT riding the Fat Tire Classic , staying/working in Lakewood the following week, and then up in Eldora the following Saturday watching a friend of mine race (Jane, in case you're wondering Walt).

Any of you interested in getting together? If so, when/where?
    I was planning on hitting WP on Saturday for a ride. After ride brewskis would be cool.
    I'll PM you my cell # and perhaps we can hoist a couple.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

occasionally good
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    I was planning on hitting WP on Saturday for a ride. After ride brewskis would be cool.
    I'll PM you my cell # and perhaps we can hoist a couple.
    Fat Tire Classic is Saturday/Sunday, with a big shindig Sat. night. Chris Daniels usually plays - decent music, etc. Let me know! It would be cool to meet you!

mtbr member

Good job!

Fat Tire Classic is Saturday/Sunday, with a big shindig Sat. night. Chris Daniels usually plays - decent music, etc. Let me know! It would be cool to meet you!
    I don't know how late I can stay since my daughter and I are rafting the numbers on Sunday. But those beers sound good.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

occasionally good
    I don't know how late I can stay since my daughter and I are rafting the numbers on Sunday. But those beers sound good.
    Oh, man, what a great run. Bet the water will be howling this year, too. Rafting is about as much fun as you can have legally, as far as I'm concerned. I'm talking with a guy about buying an IK... hopefully can make that work.

Just what I need... more cool sports to suck at.

mtbr member

Good job!

Oh, man, what a great run. Bet the water will be howling this year, too. Rafting is about as much fun as you can have legally, as far as I'm concerned. I'm talking with a guy about buying an IK... hopefully can make that work.

We all need more cool sports o suck at. Yeah the water is running high, fast and COLD. It's gonna be fun, we do tyhis every year, sort of a father/daughter tradition, though my son want's to come too, he can't only dad/daughter.

Hey, clean up some PM space so I can send you a message.

occasionally good
    Hey, clean up some PM space so I can send you a message.
    Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah it's hell being popular...

Cleaned.

mtbr member
    Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah it's hell being popular...

Cleaned.
    I'll take your word for it.

gentle like
    I'm talking with a guy about buying an IK... hopefully can make that work.

I don't know what an IK is, but watch those shoulders rafting.

Watch those freaking shoulders.

Now you've got me fussing. Great.

Sandan, very cool dad/daughter thing (I trust you to be careful). Do your kids ride bikes too?

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by kept man

Sandan, very cool dad/daughter thing (I trust you to be careful). Do your kids ride bikes too?
    Thanks. Yes I'm careful, but both kids are mini adrenaline junkies.
    My daughter wouldn't be caught dead on a bike. I think it has something to do with being 16,able to drive, too cool to ride or some comb of the preceding.
    My son loves to ride, he was awesome this Sat. past doing lift runs at Keystone. He even likes to climb if the descent is worth it. Plus the bike is his (12 years old) primary means of transport. Other than mom, that is.

occasionally good
    I don't know what an IK is, but watch those shoulders rafting.

Watch those freaking shoulders.

Now you've got me fussing. Great.

Inflatable kayak. Uber-cool.

Since I'd just be learning I'll be careful. I'm always careful. Sometimes I get hurt anyway.

Took the immobilizer off yesterday and tried some ROM stuff. It feels like the bone is in there wrong, but it kind of popped around a bit and suddenly felt much better. No strength at all, but at least I could lift my left arm a couple of inches. Immobilizer is back on today, though - don't want to overdo and I'm still pretty sore from the weekend.

The devil is an angel too
    Mar 2005
    Thanks. Yes I'm careful, but both kids are mini adrenaline junkies.
    My daughter wouldn't be caught dead on a bike. I think it has something to do with being 16,able to drive, too cool to ride or some comb of the preceding.
    My son loves to ride, he was awesome this Sat. past doing lift runs at Keystone. He even likes to climb if the descent is worth it. Plus the bike is his (12 years old) primary means of transport. Other than mom, that is.
    This is off topic, but you talking about rafting reminded me of a story on the paper this weekend. This idiot went canooeing on Memorial Day Weekend on Six Mile Creek, what's Six Mile Creek you ask? the most famoust Class V rapids in AK. The moron goes down that creek, with his kids on canoes and they got their a$$ kicked, were lucky enough to survive -did I mention it is sprign time ,snow melt, river is too high- and now he's b!tchin because there weren't any signs warning people. Oh, nobody was doing it that day -including comercial trips- because water was too rough. Talk about an idiot!

Anyhoo, I know that you are not like that Sandan, just figured I share. I wish I could join you guys for beer or biking, but is a bit of a long trip for me. Cool that your kiddo is riding! I'm sure the girl will get it soon enough. Just cut the gasoline allowance!

gentle like
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenK
    This is off topic, but you talking about rafting reminded me of a story on the paper this weekend. This idiot went canooeing on Memorial Day Weekend on Six Mile Creek, what's Six Mile Creek you ask? the most famoust Class V rapids in AK. The moron goes down that creek, with his kids on canoes and they got their a$$ kicked, were lucky enough to survive -did I mention it is sprign time ,snow melt, river is too high- and now he's b!tchin because there weren't any signs warning people. Oh, nobody was doing it that day -including comercial trips- because water was too rough. Talk about an idiot!

There are a couple places in northern ON where you can tell who was dumb enough to run the rapids too early,

because their high-tech plastic canoes are wrapped around the rocks. Seeing a shiny expensive canoe literally wrapped around a rock is something.

Clearly they didn't see the memorials along the shoreline.

I suggest you pin a sign to that dumbass's forehead.

Sandan ... clearly you just need to make it clear to your daughter that nothing is more hip 'n happening than a bike. All the radical kids are doing it. It's super groovy.

mtbr member

Good job!

Anyhoo, I know that you are not like that Sandan, just figured I share. I wish I could join you guys for beer or biking, but is a bit of a long trip for me. Cool that your kiddo is riding! I'm sure the girl will get it soon enough. Just cut the gasoline allowance!
    Good story, CO is full of idiots like that too. It's not a club I have any intention of joining.
    C'mon AK to CO how long would that take? If you really wanted to you could get here by Saturday afternoon.
    I hope she gets it. On the other hand she runs cross country at school.
    She just got a job as a camp counselor to keep the wheels in gas.
    She left me about an eigth of a tank last night so when I went for my afterwork ride the bell and idiot light went off. When I told her that she had to leave at least a quarter of a tank she didn't seem too happy. Oh well, another rite of passage. Keeping gas in the tank.

gentle like
    Best summer job ever. Very nice.

mtbr member

Good job!

Sandan ... clearly you just need to make it clear to your daughter that nothing is more hip 'n happening than a bike. All the radical kids are doing it. It's super groovy.
    Gee, you make it sound so...easy.

gentle like
    Gee, you make it sound so...easy.
    Oh yes. Nothing easier than armchair parenting teenage girls.

Truth be told, I'd rather shoot K's rapids with the Alaska idiot from his tale most days. I remember being a camp counsellor.

Mar 2005
    Good story, CO is full of idiots like that too. It's not a club I have any intention of joining.
    C'mon AK to CO how long would that take? If you really wanted to you could get here by Saturday afternoon.
    I hope she gets it. On the other hand she runs cross country at school.
    She left me about an eigth of a tank last night so when I went for my afterwork ride the bell and idiot light went off. When I told her that she had to leave at least a quarter of a tank she didn't seem too happy. Oh well, another rite of passage. Keeping gas in the tank.
    I hear you on the gas thing. Is not only paying for the gas, is the fact that the tank is almost empty and then you have to spend the time to fill it up. I'm sure that working for her gas money will be good for her.

I could make it there, but MG is a zionist and I hate Israel. Reference to the Ghana thread, which I refuse to let go.

Mar 2005
    Oh yes. Nothing easier than armchair parenting teenage girls.

Truth be told, I'd rather shoot K's rapids with the Alaska idiot from his tale most days. I remember being a camp counsellor.
    That guy put the I in idiot. He goes to canoe in a place he doesn't know and one of his complaints was "I almost took my five year old with me!." Ok, rule number one is if you don't know the creek, you play it quadruple safe because there may just be Class V rapids ahead. Oh, wait a minute THERE WERE CLASS V RAPIDS AHEAD! And then the dude says, well, we don't have a TV. Well, I don't have one either and as soon as my wife saw the headline she said "Six mile creek, aren't those the really nasty rapids?"

And to top it off, he gets to the place and nobody is boating, empty parking lot on Memorial Day Weekend. Gee, maybe it is because the river is running high like ALL the others we looked at today. Rule we used in paragliding: if nobody else is flying, there is probably a damn good reason for it. Don't be the idiot that went first.

But I agree, I rather go down the rapids than deal with a teenage daughter. Which I may have to do at some point, the daughter thing, not the rapids. Friday we'll find out if I got out easy -two boys- or if I need to buy a shotgun.

mtbr member

Good job!

I hear you on the gas thing. Is not only paying for the gas, is the fact that the tank is almost empty and then you have to spend the time to fill it up. I'm sure that working for her gas money will be good for her.

I could make it there, but MG is a zionist and I hate Israel. Reference to the Ghana thread, which I refuse to let go.
    The gas issues was what you say and I wanted to do a ride a bit further out, but, with time dwindling and no gas in he tank, well you know.

Remember, my views on Israel probably make mtngirl's look like fluff, so....

Anyhow I'd be glad to ride w/ you, even if you do hate Israel.

occasionally good
    But I agree, I rather go down the rapids than deal with a teenage daughter. Which I may have to do at some point, the daughter thing, not the rapids. Friday we'll find out if I got out easy -two boys- or if I need to buy a shotgun.
    Did I miss something? You guys are pregnant again?

How cool is that!!

banned
    Mar 2005
    There are a couple places in northern ON where you can tell who was dumb enough to run the rapids too early,
    not meaning to hijack the thread, but KM, if you ever have the chance, try the Nottawasaga River from Angus to Wasaga after the thaw. Its quite the run in the spring...a nice 8 hour paddle in summer with the option of getting into the salmon run in august-sept.

i've got 2 canoes in the garage for this...and am on the MNR waiting list for two 16' kevlars when they sell off their rentals

anyway...back to the beers

cheers

gentle like

DUUUDE!!!

Congrats, man ... you are such a freaking adult.

In fine TVC tradition, I'm going to have to send you some bike socks. And also so you won't continue to be a Fred.

TWO kids ... and you're like, my age ... that is some wild sh!t. Wow!

So, are you like half as excited as Mtngirl and I appear to be?

Mar 2005
    DUUUDE!!!

Congrats, man ... you are such a freaking adult.

In fine TVC tradition, I'm going to have to send you some bike socks. And also so you won't continue to be a Fred.

TWO kids ... and you're like, my age ... that is some wild sh!t. Wow!

So, are you like half as excited as Mtngirl and I appear to be?
    I am a Fred. That's out of the question, I read Bicycling and I buy whatever is the "hot" item for the year. I'm going to build a lightweight all-carbon, AM rig.

Who am I kidding? I went for a ride yesterday and I missed the singlespeed on a 6 mile fireroad climb. I'm hopeless. No AM bike for me. I'll never be hip, I'll never make it to andy'f buddy list

Oh, yes, wife is preggo again. I told you we don't have a TV. Yes, I'm your age and have kids. My life is over. Am I excited? well, dah! if the new little dude is as fun as the current little dude, well, it's going to be fun!

gentle like
    Oh, yes, wife is preggo again. I told you we don't have a TV. Yes, I'm your age and have kids. My life is over. Am I excited? well, dah! if the new little dude is as fun as the current little dude, well, it's going to be fun!
    Nah, one of my best friends growing up now has a couple of kids ... sadly, he became boring as all hell. His life is indeed over, so far as hanging out or doing stuff or even just conversing is concerned. You appear to still be interesting. Those tube socks really go a long way towards spicing things up.

Of course, he's a pastor, which (no offense Jesus et al) can make someone boring in a hurry. Both his girls have two bible names; a character, and a virtue. It's fairly awful. Some some evil oatmeal formula for beige stereotypically boring, that also happens to be Christian.

I was just teasing you a bit regarding the casual "Oh, I'm grabbing some milk, eggs, and folic acid for Mrs. K" way you dropped that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast