Rider, Builder, Dreamer

New Brewery coming to central NY

New to beer this summer, and new to this neighborhood of the forum just now. That being said, I just got word on Saturday that a new Brewpub is coming to Main Street here in Oneonta, NY. It's called the Roots Brewing Company and is set to open in June 2013.

Super stoked about this for several reasons (in no particular order):

1. More beer in town.
    2. The closest brewery currently is Ommegang in Cooperstown, about 40 minutes away.
    3. As a town with 2 colleges, Oneonta has too many lousy college bars. Maybe this one might be better.
    4. More beer in town.
    5. There are several empty business fronts on Main Street and this is filling one of those.
    6. Having a brewpub just a few blocks from where we often start and end our rides certainly won't hurt our efforts to make Oneonta a mountain biking destination.

WAHOO!

Beer Please!
    Awesome! I sometimes forget what it is like for people who do not have craft beer close to home. The Breweries are opening so fast in San Diego it is hard for me to keep track of them all and have time to go do tastings at each of them.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Nice, thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if this new venture has any link to the Roots Brewing Co that closed it's doors out in Oregon a few years back?
    Craig Nicholls was the co-owner, and it was one of the first all organic brewpubs out there (I think), back in 2005.

either way, very cool...and keep us up to date with it's progress, and more importantly, their beer!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill