Thread: Mug Clubs

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004

Mug Clubs

Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. opened their long-awaited Santa Barbara brewery over Memorial Day weekend. I happened to stop in while they were still taking memberships to their Davy Brown Mug Club. So in honor of two of my favorite activities, I am the proud owner of the 29er mug.

I loved seeing the old stein lockers in some of the beer halls in Munich. So I'm happy to be able to participate in a New World equivalent. Are other small breweries that are also retailers (like a tasting room or a pub) do this this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mug Clubs-1040900_10200241287170283_1969536535_o.jpg  

Plays with tools
    A couple of places in BendOR do them. Although there is some legal restriction on how they do it. Not sure of the details though.

I remember having a couple of beers from Fig Mtn. brewing last year when I was in Santa Ynez for work. Pretty solid brewery.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My brother-in-law is a mug club member at Gardner Ale House (MA) His mug is an imperial pint instead of the normal 16oz. Also gets a discount on food during certain hours if I recall. I have seen advertisements for them at the Aiken Brewery (SC) and seen them hanging at some brew pubs in New England.

Beer Please!
    I like to spread my money around so a mug club is not really a thing for me. But I know a lot of people like to frequent one place over and over again, so it is cool for them.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Indie Ale House (local brew pub here in Toronto) has a growler club - similar idea with a special ceramic growler for a limited number of members, and better prices/selection on refills. So far it's working out well for me!

mtbr member

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by customfab View Post
    A couple of places in BendOR do them. Although there is some legal restriction on how they do it. Not sure of the details though.

I remember having a couple of beers from Fig Mtn. brewing last year when I was in Santa Ynez for work. Pretty solid brewery.

it might be a state to state thing . last year our local public radio station had a fund drive where you recieved a growler with a punch card that gave you 5 free fills . 6 breweries/ brewpubs participated in 3 surrounding states and you could get a fill from 5 of them for a $ 100. donation to the station. Being an avid drinker with a small mt biking problem, i donated $ 200 so that i could give one to a friend. my plan was that he and his wife would join my wife and i in some good natured debauchery. then someone from the station called to say they were sorry, but that they would not be a
    ble to honor the original agreement due to unspecified legal hurdles. Damn.

I <3 NM
    I was a member of La Cumbre Brewing Co's Mug Club in ABQ for a couple years until I moved to Germany. It was great to get 22 oz pours for 16 oz prices.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Mug Clubs

I'm a mug club member at English Ales, Marina, which do some mighty fine beers!

mtbr member
    I have a mug club at a couple of pubs around me but this one is my favorite.
    The Flying Goat
    They give discounts on everything(growlers, fills, beers, etc) and they always give mugs full of beer to all the people I come with even if they dont have the membership.