Sweat is just fat crying.

Good job! Last night, I had the best beer of my life.

Has anyone been to Post No Bills in Sand City, CA? It's a small, well-lit craft beer house that is Monterey Peninsula's fresh, new concept in the way you'll partake in hard-to-find Beers, Wines, Hard Ciders & Craft Sodas from all over the World (& Local).

There's always something different on tap each of the few times I've been there, but last night was the pinnacle of my beer drinking career. I hadn't had dinner, yet, so I was there for only a beer or two, and then was planning to scram. I asked the barkeep what he had in the way of a stout, and his eyes lit up. "Anderson Valley stout, barrel aged for 90 days in whiskey barrels."

He brought me a sample, and I was in heaven. Incredible. I'm not able to define my beer-tasting palate very well, so all I can do is assure you that it is an astonishing mix of sumptuous flavors that shot this beer to the top of the many, many beers I've tasted over the years.

"More!" I cried. And the rest is a cloudy, perfect dream.

Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout

Not available in stores, bottles or growlers.

P.S. If you are able to make the trek to Post No Bills, bring your own food.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Paper Mill Aleworks
    I had been following the incarnation of that beer with great interest, glad to hear it's tasting good.

There was a TTB label approval processed for it, so I believe for now it's keg sales only, but the future may bring bottles.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Not available in stores, bottles or growlers.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is indeed available in bottles:

This is from a guy I follow in Instagram.

I had this beer on tap a few weeks ago and found it to be too mellow for me, I was expecting more heat. In fact I had a brief conversation with Anderson valley via instagram about that fact and they said it was due to the short aging time of 90 days vs many other BA beers that are aged for a year or so.

I am not saying it was bad, far from it, it is an excellent beer, I guess I have just come to expect more from a BA beer these days. I am glad you enjoyed it so much, and now that you know it is available in Bottles it is time to go find some for your cellar!!!!
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is indeed available in bottles:

This is from a guy I follow in Instagram.

I had this beer on tap a few weeks ago and found it to be too mellow for me, I was expecting more heat. In fact I had a brief conversation with Anderson valley via instagram about that fact and they said it was due to the short aging time of 90 days vs many other BA beers that are aged for a year or so.

I am not saying it was bad, far from it, it is an excellent beer, I guess I have just come to expect more from a BA beer these days. I am glad you enjoyed it so much, and now that you know it is available in Bottles it is time to go find some for your cellar!!!!
    That's great to hear! The barkeep told me last night that it was unavailable, or maybe i'm misremembering in my addled state. Thanks for the info, will call Bottles & Bins in Monterey to see if they have it.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Beer Please!
    That's great to hear! The barkeep told me last night that it was unavailable, or maybe i'm misremembering in my addled state. Thanks for the info, will call Bottles & Bins in Monterey to see if they have it.
    If you cannot find it up there I will check around some of my local shops for you, but I would imagine you have a better chance at it up there.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Bev Mo has it. I had it at the Barrel Aged Fest at the Bistro late last year. It's ok. Really low abv for a BA beer at like 5.7 or something.

Finch, was this your first Barrel Aged beer? You gotta try some others. This is pretty middle of the road. And yes Post No Bills is a pretty cool place to have a beer, but they're bottles to go are WAY overpriced. Give your business to Bottles and Bins instead.

~~~
    Don't you love that moment? You've tried a ton of beers, and then you find your next "Best Beer of Your Life"? That's a true moment to savor and enjoy.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    I had one of those mind boggling great moments just the other day at SD's Toronado. I was shown a new bottle of Logsdon Peche 'n Brett, a dry complex peachy version of their awesome Saizon Bretta. I bought it on the spot. I'm still in awe.Last night, I had the best beer of my life.-peche.jpg
    It wasn't me

Quote Originally Posted by tburger View Post
    Don't you love that moment? You've tried a ton of beers, and then you find your next "Best Beer of Your Life"? That's a true moment to savor and enjoy.
    Now THAT is what I am talking about. The rest of you nattering nabobs of negativity can go to hell.

mtbr member
    The rest of you nattering nabobs of negativity can go to hell.

I prefer Debbie Downer.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    A lot of BA beers have too much barrel/whiskey flavor for me, I'm going to give this one by AV a shot. Thanks!