Thread: Lame

Sweat is just fat crying.

Lame

I got all excited when I saw a poster that said they were having a beer garden in Lodi, and they were featuring Lagunitas beers.

Then I read on the website that they are only pouring 3 Lagunitas brews. Lame.

Seantoberfest | Facebook
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Better than nothing.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    Better than nothing.
    Actually, I was hoping for something closer to this:

(And yes, I know that's Russian River Brew Co.)
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Beer Please!
    I once went to an Oktoberfest festival and all they had was a bud light truck....... I quickly left and went and found some real beer.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    It's only a 2 hour drive from Lodi to Santa Rosa buddy. Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    It's only a 2 hour drive from Lodi to Santa Rosa buddy. Make it happen.
    True dat, plus there's some actual riding in Santa Rosa. What a concept!

Hi.
    I have yet to go to an "Oktoberfest" celebration in California that was worth a damn. The ones in SF are a complete let down.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Beer is beer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by molotovb View Post
    Beer is beer.
    Thanks for joining the forum Confucius.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    I once went to an Oktoberfest festival and all they had was a bud light truck....... I quickly left and went and found some real beer.
    Wow, seriously misleading!!! They should have called it “Sucktoberfaust” instead!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I eat cats
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    I have yet to go to an "Oktoberfest" celebration in California that was worth a damn. The ones in SF are a complete let down.
    I can only speak for SoCal.. the Phoenix Club in Anaheim is good (traditional) and I hear Big Bear is a lot of fun plus you can make a riding trip out of that. I went to one in SF a couple of years ago on the bay and it was fun but definitely not traditional at all.

Enjoy yourself in your Anaheim Event Center

Oktoberfest | Big Bear Events
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks to whomever for the silly loopholes! I have more meaningless 3 word replies if you need them. Pretty soon I'll be able to post a link.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    ...and 2,907 of these?

Hi.
    ...and 2,907 of these?
    No need for that. You're in the wrong forum to say things like "beer is beer" and for being combative to other people who actually contribute here on a regular basis.

Go somewhere else if you just want to get your post count up, otherwise chill out, shut up and drink your Bud Light Lime-a-rita.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by OCtrailMonkey View Post
    I can only speak for SoCal.. the Phoenix Club in Anaheim is good (traditional) and I hear Big Bear is a lot of fun plus you can make a riding trip out of that. I went to one in SF a couple of years ago on the bay and it was fun but definitely not traditional at all.

Enjoy yourself in your Anaheim Event Center

Oktoberfest | Big Bear Events
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been to the Phoenix Club before, just never for Oktoberfest.

I've been to a couple events in SD and a couple up here in SF. Usually either the cover charge is ridiculous or the price of beer is ridiculous. I want my Oktoberfests to be full of live music, big, cheap German beers and some awesome authentic food. I will definitely have to keep searching .

I eat cats
    ...and 2,907 of these?
    2,906 now.. wait, we ARE talking about beers on the wall.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    No need for that. You're in the wrong forum to say things like "beer is beer"
    asdf;jka

and for being combative to other people who actually contribute here on a regular basis.
    Sweet jesus! What a fun place. I think you missed the part where the regular poster initiated it.

^^Oh, you mean the part where you're not adding constructively to the conversation and they called you out on it? Yeah, he definitely started it. there's a test form to make mindless posts if you'd bother looking through the sub-forums before acting like a tool.

Never been to an Oktoberfest would like to though. Too many hobbies not enough dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    As a general rule, any Oktoberfest with the words "beer garden" in it is total amateur hour.

mtbr member
    Thanks to whomever for the silly loopholes! I have more meaningless 3 word replies if you need them. Pretty soon I'll be able to post a link.
    I actually found your original post extremely profound and meaningful. I spent many hours meditating on it last night and I have come to the conclusion that indeed beer is...beer. I feel like a whole new world has opened up for me.

In other news...bikes are bikes, food is food and people are people.

Well! This thread took a turn for the interesting, didn't it?