Paper Mill Aleworks

Labor Day Partigyle

A few days late...but nonetheless, I put together a fun little partigyle brew schedule for this past Labor Day.

Past partigyle brews for me have trended in the usual "barleywine to ESB" realm, but on this day I brewed a relatively tame wet-hop harvest ale/red ale, and some sort of off style...hell, I'm not even really sure

First batch used a basic 2-row base, with some; victory, biscuit, chocolate, and crystal 40L/120L. Hops were all homegrown Centennial, Chinook, and Nugget.

Saw a gravity of 1.065, which is going to work fine.
    Total wet-hop quantity was close to six pounds, with a lot of Chinook and Nugget as late additions. This will not see any dry-hopping.

Beer number two was hobbled together with literally things I had in the fridge, or laying around as "extras", a free beer in a sense.

Second running's were still pretty potent, as we performed a bit higher temp mash for 90 min. The hop schedule was lite, a little Sazz and Hallertau for bittering, then some late addition Citra and Chinook. A bit of honey took us up to a gravity of 1.028, which will also work just fine. A final late addition of fresh guava/peaches was used in hopes to impart a bit more fermentability, and a little flavor.

This brew will be fermented with a low attenuating Belgian strain, and get keg-hopped with: Chinook, guava, and peaches.
    Looking for a very lite, thin bodied beer with loads of tropical flavor, and a bit of dryness.

We'll see

A long, but fun seven hour brew day.

Cheers.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Those hops look beautiful, good show sir.....
    A person who never made a mistake,
    never tried anything new..... Albert Einstein

Hi.
    Great looking hops, and your small beer should turn out tasty!

Beer Me!
    That is a long brew day! Excited to hear how it turned out
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself