Thread: IPA Day

mtbr member

IPA Day

It's national IPA day (or international?). What's your favorite IPA?

Mine is easily Ninkasi Total Domination from Eugene Oregon. It's pretty much what I miss most about the NorthWest...other than all of my family, friends, and Mount Hood.

If someone was to send me a care package of Ninkasi, they would be my new best friend!

Locally, my favorite IPA (and the best I've had East of the Mississippi) is Wedge Brewery's Iron Rail IPA here in Asheville. Wish I had one in my hand right now.
    ​mountain biking is fun.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    I don't have a favorite IPA...it's akin to choosing a favorite child
    I did enjoy an Old Forge Overbite IPA yesterday though, and it was very delicious.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Highland Kashmir IPA out of Asheville, NC. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgbox View Post
    Highland Kashmir IPA out of Asheville, NC. Cheers!
    awe man, Kashmir isn't even 3rd or 4th best ipa in town!
    ​mountain biking is fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by docter_zab View Post
    awe man, Kashmir isn't even 3rd or 4th best ipa in town!
    While I concede that I've not had the Wedge, Kashmir definitely jollies my rogers!

mtbr member
    Kashmir isn't bad, and of course every one to their own taste Wedge is really hoppy, and strong, but soooo good. The new place, Hi Wire (by Asheville Brewing on Coxe) has a really good IPA.

They're both more west-coast in flavor than Kashmir or Shiva which are lighter and more "fresh" tasting.

This is a great beer town for sure!
    ​mountain biking is fun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I hadn't even realized it was "IPA day" until my local purveyor explained/apologized for why it was so busy in her establishment.
    No worries- my brother was in town from HI and we were stocking up on all kinds of beer.
    Luckily for me, I looked like a superstar -wearing my "Oregon Hophead" t-shirt.

Dr Zab- not to rub it in, but we picked up a growler of Ninkasi Sasquatch (-Not sure if they're redoing the Wild Duck beer or what). Anyway- hadn't seen it in bottles, and picked it up. I remember Wild Duck's Sasquatch as a Strong Ale, but this was a Baltic Porter...