Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Important Question: Beer Preference?

Alright, so I'm home early after a couple beers with friends (have an early call for a video shoot tommorow morning...), and I have to ask, what's your beer preference?

Right now, I'm really hard up on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... light, delicious, clean, and it's available everywhere and batches seem consistent. For a splurge and variety, I'd have to go with Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout... it's expensive, but the best stout I've tasted. Plus, again, it's available regularly. I guess I'm interested in trying new beers that are available at your average local distributor...

I know us single speeders love our beer, so what's in your fridge? Again, I'm always interested in trying something new. Sorry if I offended anyone's racer-boy sensabilities with the beer talk... just curious.

sean

mtbr member

Guiness...

loved Guiness for years, first beer I ever drank as a kid(friends Dad bought it back from UK and we stole a bottle to share).

4 pack of drafts in the fridge now.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by shizzle
    Alright, so I'm home early after a couple beers with friends (have an early call for a video shoot tommorow morning...), and I have to ask, what's your beer preference?

Right now, I'm really hard up on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... light, delicious, clean, and it's available everywhere and batches seem consistent. For a splurge and variety, I'd have to go with Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout... it's expensive, but the best stout I've tasted. Plus, again, it's available regularly. I guess I'm interested in trying new beers that are available at your average local distributor...

I know us single speeders love our beer, so what's in your fridge? Again, I'm always interested in trying something new. Sorry if I offended anyone's racer-boy sensabilities with the beer talk... just curious.

sean

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Boddingtons! Like Guiness, only better. I too have lots of tall, fat cans stacked around the house, just waiting to be drinked...
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

mtbr member

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    guiness. sam smith nut brown. elle's brown. black butte porter. sam adam's outmeal stout. mmmmm.

seing a trend there? nothing against beer you can see through though. really.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Good job! I live 10 minutes

from the Stella Artois brewery here in Belgium, it being THE country for beer.

My favourite is Leffe Blonde which is quite an ordinairy ho-hum beer, but when you go to some bars where they have 50 different sorts it's hard to choose!

I stay away from the Trappist(brewed by Trappist Monks) beers these days as I puked my ring up for a whole day once after a night drinking it..... they're evil!!

mtbr member
    Corona, Sam Adams, Fat Tire for me.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Is there such a thing as a bad beer? Favorite? All of them! But I'm partial to Stone Brewery products. Stone IPA.

i like buttered toast
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzle

sean
    At the moment a Western Australian brew called "little creatures", strong in hop taste and finishes like Stella Artois. If low on money "Melbourne Bitter" (the one for sharing with the mates).

Jabberwocky Jockey

I'll 4th the Guinness

Extra Stout for me please. I also like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Porter, Sam Adams, Dos Eqquis Amber, Fat Tire Ale, Fosters, Red Stripe, Penn Brewery Dark, and Petes Wicked Ale.
    I like more but those are my "A" list and Guinness Extra Stout is me "go to" beer.
    Calling out from the Land of the Riding Hillbilly.

www.vassagocycles.com
    www.ntmba.org

My Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie'SS'
    At the moment a Western Australian brew called "little creatures", strong in hop taste and finishes like Stella Artois. If low on money "Melbourne Bitter" (the one for sharing with the mates).

I tried a couple of WA boutique brews the other day with my dad. They were by 'Matilda'. The Redback wes very nice.
    Good bang for bucks in my opinion is resches pilsener (silver bullett). two longnecks for $6.50 at the local bottlo.
    Favourite would have to be coopers stout. Having said that I don't mind the melb bitter at all.

i like buttered toast
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Panacea
    I tried a couple of WA boutique brews the other day with my dad. They were by 'Matilda'. The Redback wes very nice.
    Good bang for bucks in my opinion is resches pilsener (silver bullett). two longnecks for $6.50 at the local bottlo.
    Favourite would have to be coopers stout. Having said that I don't mind the melb bitter at all.
    Yeah Redback, a great wheat beer, many a sore head from them..........Anything Coopers, ROCKS, I'm a big fan of the red label Pale Ale and their stout. Is Reshes a New South Wales brew? Owned by Toohey's? Also Boags from Tassie is worthwile, especially the bitter.

"Mr. Britannica"

in no particular order

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Left Hand Sawtooth Ale, Flying Dog Pale Ale, Fat Tire and Anchor Steam if available, Sam Adams if desperate, team sponsor Carolina Brewing Co's pale ale is OK, and, my goodness, who doesn't like a Guiness (or black and tan).

No smart comment
    Slightly chilled

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL
    Corona, Sam Adams, Fat Tire for me.
    Fat Tire is the brew of choice for me as well. Unfortunately it is unavailible on the east coast. arghhhh.

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

McEwen's Scotch Ale

give McEwen's a taste, look for the plaid label. It's the best wee heavy scotch ale I've tried, not counting my homebrew version of course. It's 9.5 % abv.
    If you really like Real Beer, look into brewing your own, you can make better ales and lagers than you can buy, for around a buck per bomber bottle, depending on now much alcohol you want the yeast to piss out.
    5 gallons of a Sierra pale ale clone would probably run you around $20 once you've invested in the hardware. The exact same yeast Sierra uses for all its brews is widely available as Wyeast #1056.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Cold and Free, Are my two favorites

Account Retired

Stewart's

I prefer the Root variety, preferably diet Stewarts Root Beer.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Good job! anything from stone

www.stonebrew.com
    the absolute finest american brewery. if you disagree with that statement, it is simply because you are not Worthy.

i see you're on the east coaSSt; it might be hard to find, but it's definitely worth the hunt.

ruination ipa, old guardian (OG) barelywine, imperial SStout and double baSStard, for serious drinking;
    levitation for a cold one after a really hot ride.

for imports, it's all about the belgians.

beer posts rule.
    [size=1][/size]

beer *****es n' bikes
    Arrogant *******, Fat Tire, Bell's Best Amber, Bell's Oatmeal Stout, Shiner Heffenweisen, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, etc.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

flaccid member
    mmm - sam smith's oatmeal stout. That's a great beer. I bought an oatmeal stout made in Colorado not too long ago & it was good too. I forget the name, though...

Try Flying Dog Pale Ale, Avery IPA & Avery Porter, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Mocha Porter & Hazelnut Brown Ale, Sierra Nevada Porter, Sam Adams is good too. And of course Guiness is fantastic...as long as it's on tap.
    Who's really holding the remote control?

mtbr member

Buncha Beer snobs...

I like Icehouse 24 oz. cans, Corona 24 oz. bottles, Miller High Life 24 oz. cans, or Buttershots schnapps in my trusty Surly flask. The big 24 oz. cans make great mud flaps too.

Ride, Re-use, recycle....Mojoe
    http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cracker-magnon
    3rd on the Stone.....unless I'm broke, then it's PBR
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    www.stonebrew.com
    the absolute finest american brewery. if you disagree with that statement, it is simply because you are not Worthy.

i see you're on the east coaSSt; it might be hard to find, but it's definitely worth the hunt.

ruination ipa, old guardian (OG) barelywine, imperial SStout and double baSStard, for serious drinking;
    levitation for a cold one after a really hot ride.

for imports, it's all about the belgians.

beer posts rule.
    Let the Arrogance flow! I get to live only a couple of miles from the Stone Brewery!
    Last edited by ssmike; 08-19-2006 at 09:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    [QUOTE=Aussie'SS'] Is Reshes a New South Wales brew? Owned by Toohey's?

I think it is a NSW beer Aussie. I agree whole heartedly on the coopers pale ale. It's bloody beautiful stuff. When secondary fermentation occurs in the bottle you're assured of a good drop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast