Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    169

    Important Question: Beer Preference?

    Alright, so I'm home early after a couple beers with friends (have an early call for a video shoot tommorow morning...), and I have to ask, what's your beer preference?

    Right now, I'm really hard up on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... light, delicious, clean, and it's available everywhere and batches seem consistent. For a splurge and variety, I'd have to go with Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout... it's expensive, but the best stout I've tasted. Plus, again, it's available regularly. I guess I'm interested in trying new beers that are available at your average local distributor...

    I know us single speeders love our beer, so what's in your fridge? Again, I'm always interested in trying something new. Sorry if I offended anyone's racer-boy sensabilities with the beer talk... just curious.

    sean

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MellowCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    862

    Guiness...

    loved Guiness for years, first beer I ever drank as a kid(friends Dad bought it back from UK and we stole a bottle to share).

    4 pack of drafts in the fridge now.

    MC


    Quote Originally Posted by shizzle
    Alright, so I'm home early after a couple beers with friends (have an early call for a video shoot tommorow morning...), and I have to ask, what's your beer preference?

    Right now, I'm really hard up on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... light, delicious, clean, and it's available everywhere and batches seem consistent. For a splurge and variety, I'd have to go with Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout... it's expensive, but the best stout I've tasted. Plus, again, it's available regularly. I guess I'm interested in trying new beers that are available at your average local distributor...

    I know us single speeders love our beer, so what's in your fridge? Again, I'm always interested in trying something new. Sorry if I offended anyone's racer-boy sensabilities with the beer talk... just curious.

    sean

  3. #3
    theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Reputation: SDizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,131
    Boddingtons! Like Guiness, only better. I too have lots of tall, fat cans stacked around the house, just waiting to be drinked...
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."


    -The Good Doctor

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: williamf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235

  5. #5
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,461
    guiness. sam smith nut brown. elle's brown. black butte porter. sam adam's outmeal stout. mmmmm.

    seing a trend there? nothing against beer you can see through though. really.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    379

    Good job! I live 10 minutes

    from the Stella Artois brewery here in Belgium, it being THE country for beer.

    My favourite is Leffe Blonde which is quite an ordinairy ho-hum beer, but when you go to some bars where they have 50 different sorts it's hard to choose!

    I stay away from the Trappist(brewed by Trappist Monks) beers these days as I puked my ring up for a whole day once after a night drinking it..... they're evil!!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DiRt DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,854
    Corona, Sam Adams, Fat Tire for me.

  8. #8
    Not a regular
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,085
    Is there such a thing as a bad beer? Favorite? All of them! But I'm partial to Stone Brewery products. Stone IPA.

  9. #9
    i like buttered toast
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzle
    Alright, so I'm home early after a couple beers with friends (have an early call for a video shoot tommorow morning...), and I have to ask, what's your beer preference?

    Right now, I'm really hard up on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... light, delicious, clean, and it's available everywhere and batches seem consistent. For a splurge and variety, I'd have to go with Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout... it's expensive, but the best stout I've tasted. Plus, again, it's available regularly. I guess I'm interested in trying new beers that are available at your average local distributor...

    I know us single speeders love our beer, so what's in your fridge? Again, I'm always interested in trying something new. Sorry if I offended anyone's racer-boy sensabilities with the beer talk... just curious.

    sean
    At the moment a Western Australian brew called "little creatures", strong in hop taste and finishes like Stella Artois. If low on money "Melbourne Bitter" (the one for sharing with the mates).

  10. #10
    Jabberwocky Jockey
    Reputation: Darkwing Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    818

    I'll 4th the Guinness

    Extra Stout for me please. I also like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Porter, Sam Adams, Dos Eqquis Amber, Fat Tire Ale, Fosters, Red Stripe, Penn Brewery Dark, and Petes Wicked Ale.
    I like more but those are my "A" list and Guinness Extra Stout is me "go to" beer.
    Calling out from the Land of the Riding Hillbilly.


    www.vassagocycles.com
    www.ntmba.org

    My Blog

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie'SS'
    At the moment a Western Australian brew called "little creatures", strong in hop taste and finishes like Stella Artois. If low on money "Melbourne Bitter" (the one for sharing with the mates).

    I tried a couple of WA boutique brews the other day with my dad. They were by 'Matilda'. The Redback wes very nice.
    Good bang for bucks in my opinion is resches pilsener (silver bullett). two longnecks for $6.50 at the local bottlo.
    Favourite would have to be coopers stout. Having said that I don't mind the melb bitter at all.

  12. #12
    i like buttered toast
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Panacea
    I tried a couple of WA boutique brews the other day with my dad. They were by 'Matilda'. The Redback wes very nice.
    Good bang for bucks in my opinion is resches pilsener (silver bullett). two longnecks for $6.50 at the local bottlo.
    Favourite would have to be coopers stout. Having said that I don't mind the melb bitter at all.
    Yeah Redback, a great wheat beer, many a sore head from them..........Anything Coopers, ROCKS, I'm a big fan of the red label Pale Ale and their stout. Is Reshes a New South Wales brew? Owned by Toohey's? Also Boags from Tassie is worthwile, especially the bitter.

  13. #13
    "Mr. Britannica"
    Reputation: roadiegonebad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,820

    in no particular order

    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Left Hand Sawtooth Ale, Flying Dog Pale Ale, Fat Tire and Anchor Steam if available, Sam Adams if desperate, team sponsor Carolina Brewing Co's pale ale is OK, and, my goodness, who doesn't like a Guiness (or black and tan).

  14. #14
    No smart comment
    Reputation: nikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    94
    Slightly chilled


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nilepoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL
    Corona, Sam Adams, Fat Tire for me.
    Fat Tire is the brew of choice for me as well. Unfortunately it is unavailible on the east coast. arghhhh.

  16. #16
    all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,635

    McEwen's Scotch Ale

    give McEwen's a taste, look for the plaid label. It's the best wee heavy scotch ale I've tried, not counting my homebrew version of course. It's 9.5 % abv.
    If you really like Real Beer, look into brewing your own, you can make better ales and lagers than you can buy, for around a buck per bomber bottle, depending on now much alcohol you want the yeast to piss out.
    5 gallons of a Sierra pale ale clone would probably run you around $20 once you've invested in the hardware. The exact same yeast Sierra uses for all its brews is widely available as Wyeast #1056.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    182
    Cold and Free, Are my two favorites

  18. #18
    Account Retired
    Reputation: LakeRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    608

    Stewart's

    I prefer the Root variety, preferably diet Stewarts Root Beer.

  19. #19
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    Good job! anything from stone

    www.stonebrew.com
    the absolute finest american brewery. if you disagree with that statement, it is simply because you are not Worthy.

    i see you're on the east coaSSt; it might be hard to find, but it's definitely worth the hunt.

    ruination ipa, old guardian (OG) barelywine, imperial SStout and double baSStard, for serious drinking;
    levitation for a cold one after a really hot ride.

    for imports, it's all about the belgians.

    beer posts rule.
    [size=1][/size]

  20. #20
    beer *****es n' bikes
    Reputation: seely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    599
    Arrogant *******, Fat Tire, Bell's Best Amber, Bell's Oatmeal Stout, Shiner Heffenweisen, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, etc.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

  21. #21
    flaccid member
    Reputation: retch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    86
    mmm - sam smith's oatmeal stout. That's a great beer. I bought an oatmeal stout made in Colorado not too long ago & it was good too. I forget the name, though...

    Try Flying Dog Pale Ale, Avery IPA & Avery Porter, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Mocha Porter & Hazelnut Brown Ale, Sierra Nevada Porter, Sam Adams is good too. And of course Guiness is fantastic...as long as it's on tap.
    Who's really holding the remote control?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    393

    Buncha Beer snobs...

    I like Icehouse 24 oz. cans, Corona 24 oz. bottles, Miller High Life 24 oz. cans, or Buttershots schnapps in my trusty Surly flask. The big 24 oz. cans make great mud flaps too.

    Ride, Re-use, recycle....Mojoe
    http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

  23. #23
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,148
    3rd on the Stone.....unless I'm broke, then it's PBR
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  24. #24
    Not a regular
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    www.stonebrew.com
    the absolute finest american brewery. if you disagree with that statement, it is simply because you are not Worthy.

    i see you're on the east coaSSt; it might be hard to find, but it's definitely worth the hunt.

    ruination ipa, old guardian (OG) barelywine, imperial SStout and double baSStard, for serious drinking;
    levitation for a cold one after a really hot ride.

    for imports, it's all about the belgians.

    beer posts rule.
    Let the Arrogance flow! I get to live only a couple of miles from the Stone Brewery!
    Last edited by ssmike; 08-19-2006 at 09:09 AM.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    527
    [QUOTE=Aussie'SS'] Is Reshes a New South Wales brew? Owned by Toohey's?

    I think it is a NSW beer Aussie. I agree whole heartedly on the coopers pale ale. It's bloody beautiful stuff. When secondary fermentation occurs in the bottle you're assured of a good drop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. is beer off topic?
    By noslogan in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
  2. Brake response question? and Slider pressure question?
    By Gnar in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:20 PM
  3. A couple of question...
    By bike_riot in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 06:48 PM
  4. Talk Riding Over Beer at Southern Sun
    By bykhed in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 10:03 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •