Sockaholic
    Oct 2005

Hoppy Octoberfest!!

Drink up everybody and enjoy.

mtbr member
    What's good this fall? And don't say Sam Adams! I had a Brooklyn Okt on-tap over the weekend, but it was just average. I bet I saw 15 pumpkin beers in the store.

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    I live in Sonoma County California and the local Breweries have lots of specials on tap right now. But there is so much great beer being brewed all over the country right now, we can all partake of the bounty.

Rogue Exterminator
    Octoberfest beers are probably my least favorite especially the pumpkin ones.

That being said, every month is Octoberfest to me so drink up

NONDURO
    Oktoberfest started last month.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I personally like the pumpkin ale brews. I like the Blue Moon pumpkin ale but it has a major bloating affect on me. I'll try to sample as many as I can...for research sake!!

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Heading out to Adamstown, PA this weekend for Stoudt's huge Oktoberfest.
    It's always a great, family-friendly, time and they always have great taps flowing.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    As a beer drinker, I have to say this weekend was nearly the end of me. Wholy smokes. There is lots of beer consumed. It is so fun and it flows so freely, you don't realize how much you are drinking. We stayed in Garmisch, which is in the Alps outside of Munich. They host annual World Cup ski jumping there, and hosted the olympics a couple times. Amazing views in the mountains.

We started our Oktoberfest adventure in the HB biergarten. The main tents were slammed with people. It took an hour to get in a simple beergarten which is insane. Usually you are just drinking outside to wait to get in a tent. I will say if you ever go, wear the gear. It was fun dressing up. Sort of like going to the prom for adults. People are always stopping and taking your picture when you are dressed up.

Afternoon was in the Paulaner tent. It started raining, so it was good to get inside. No pictures inside as I was "enjoying" the day a little too much and forgot to take the camera out.

All being said, I managed to keep the afternoon drinking to 4 liters of HB brew, and the evening to a mere 2 liters of Paulaner. I can't believe I actually drank 6 liters of beer on Saturday. It was over a period of about 10 hours, so I guess it wasn't that much. I did feel wiped out the next day though. Everyone smokes there, so my throat felt like I had smoked ten packs of cigarettes the next day. Sunday would have been a nice rest day, but my wife had booked us a tour at Obersalzburg for a tour of the eagles nest and the Nazi Bunkers at Berchestgaden.

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    Love Pretzels. !!!