Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Homebrewers... Who's brew today

As topic. Also what are you brewing? I'm brewing up a pale ale.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Kegged the RYE Pale ale today.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Brewed a Saison with a buddy.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Brewing Citra Pale Ale this weekend. Just kegged Vinnie's Pliny the Elder last night. It's fantastic without carbonation, I can't wait for it to be ready!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    i use to brew. friend got a mr beer kit for me.

was never really satisfied with results. so im done

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Un-named Session Pale Ale. Summer is close - gotta be ready.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    I'd love to give it a try, don't have the cash to start though. I have a bunch of homemade mead though if that counts for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    I just bottled a Kristalwizen earlier this week. My fermenters are empty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backsidemike View Post
    i use to brew. friend got a mr beer kit for me.

was never really satisfied with results. so im done
    Don't give up just because the Mr Beer kit sucked. I really think the Mr Beer kits are a dis-service to new brewers. The finished product is almost always terrible. Hook up with a group of real home brewers and learn what real homebrewed beers are like.

No actual brewing today. But plenty of beer work.
    Cleaned eight cases of bomber bottles donated by friends and coworkers.
    Bottled a home barrel aged whiskey (sipping some right now - so smooth).
    Bottled a smoked porter. Put one gallon of the porter in the oak whiskey barrel. That should be amazing in a month or two.
    Bottled an apple cider.
    Everything is cleaned up and put away now. Time to enjoy the results.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Trail Connoisseur
    Drinking: Citra Pale/Dark Belgium Wheat/Dark Lager

Fermenting: Pale Ale

Brewing: Some porch pounding Pilsner

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I'd love to give it a try, don't have the cash to start though. I have a bunch of homemade mead though if that counts for anything.
    If you are making mead, then you are not far from making stove top partial mash extract beers.
    It should not take a lot of cash to get the last couple pieces of equipment. I found a stainless five gallon pot at WalMart for next to nothing. A couple other nickle and dime things like a cap crimper, thermometer, etc., and you could be brewing.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Belgian IPA carbing.
    I've got a brown and a Pliny clone ready to go. I'm just being lazy about it since I need to do a little more welding on my new stand before it's ready to use.

whatever she says gueuze.
    Brewed a Firestone Pale 31 clone last Friday hoping to have it ready for our trip to Firestone for their festival in June. Doing a hef tomorrow because SoCal is warming up for the summer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I've got a brown boiling right now. I'm going to try for a bourbon barrel brown. I've got some hungarian oak cubes soaking that I'm going to add in the secondary.

I have another brown and an irish red that sitting in the primary for far too long as a result of trying to get some friends into brewing. Have a feeling those are going to go to waste

mtbr member
    Williams Brewing Amarillo Ale - Wow!
    Williams Brewing Stout with 3 large french presses of coffee added.....sober drunk

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by finny1999 View Post
    I have another brown and an irish red that sitting in the primary for far too long as a result of trying to get some friends into brewing. Have a feeling those are going to go to waste
    How long are we talking?
    Concerns of over attenuation or yeast cake off flavors?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    How long are we talking?
    Concerns of over attenuation or yeast cake off flavors?
    I want to say we're around 2.5 months right now. It's coming down to more of if we didn't get an hour two to bottle in that time it isn't going to happen and I'm lacking in extra pails for personal brews. Finding reliable ppl to brew with is tuff...

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by finny1999 View Post
    I want to say we're around 2.5 months right now.
    You should still be ok, I wouldn't imagine autolysis effects have created any off flavors. If anything, it's given the yeast plenty of time to clean up.

Paper Mill Aleworks

Kegged, and keg-hopped our "hop heavy" Norther English Mild this week, with 2oz of Falconers Flight.

Dry-hopped a brown IPA today, using 2oz of Chinook, and 1oz of Cascade.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just finished drinking 10 gallons of a really light-bodied, hoppy/citrusy summer pale ale and going to do either a red or a brown next. After all that work it's never hard to find people to come over and help drink it and it goes quick! Takes a month to brew and only a day or two to drink. There was a good recipe in this month's BYO magazine for a "Kick Ass Brown Ale" I might try this weekend. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I got a blonde and a Stout brewing right now...

Beer Me!
    Finished up a 10gal all grain batch of Rye Marzen (Octoberfest). Color looks great, and it turned out .5% stronger than expected. Already fermenting away happily.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well now that we're finally settled in... I have brewed an IPA with Columbus, Chinook, and Centennial, an Amber with Cluster and Hollertau, and a Pumpkin ale with EKGs and pumpkin pie spice, all in the last 10 days.

Brewing a Belgian Strong Ale tomorrow. This weekend I'll transfer the IPA and the Amber to secondary to dry hop and clear up, and decide what other two batches I want to brew next.

I am thinking a Pecan Brown Ale, and maybe some kind of stout or porter.

Also, brewed my first batch on my Bayou Classic this past weekend (the pumpkin). God that is so much faster than the freaking stove. Total brew time including sterilization, brewing, racking, and cleaning was 2.5 hours!!!! This included a 30 minute specialty grain steep.

Methinks it's time to move to AG.

mtbr member
    In the process of drinking a sessionable (4.62abv|33ibu) American Pale Ale. Will be boiling an extract recipe based off Jamils Evil Twin with a lemon grass root addition. Hopefully this weekend.

After that a stout.

mtbr member
    Last weekend I just brewed my very first batch. An IPA. I'm going to try another this week and am just trying to choose what to do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast