Thread: Homebrew

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Homebrew

Who does it? all these threads here and I don't see anything about it. I started last winter, it's great, made some really good beers. moved to a larger apt and now have a lot more room to do it but haven't done a batch yet!! it's more of a winter hobby for me as it's easier to ferment in my apt in the cooler months and with all the bikes and golf clubs it's gonna be a tough sell with my gf to get a deep freezer to convert into a fermentation chamber! Looking at doing a batch a week the next few weeks and get a nice pipeline started up for next year.

Rogue Exterminator
    I have done it and turned out some great beers.
    Just been to lazy to do it in a while.

Picture Unrelated
    Seems like there's quite a few on here. There's a thread that pops up now and again about what everyone is brewing. I have a Deschutes Red Chair clone on tap right now and an imperial stout aging in secondary. Which reminds me that I need to bottle that soon or something.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I think a lot of beerficianados just have beer cellars. Maybe they tried homebrewing for a batch or two, then give it up. It's kind of like living in the big city and asking people what they do for fun, and you expect to get a hobby or something, and they say, "I go to restaurants." Then you ask if they like to cook, and they say no. They just like to find restaurants on the interwebs.

Please don't take this as trollish. It's just an observation.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Yes, quite a few of us on here.

Homebrewers... Who's brew today
    Labor Day Partigyle
    2012 Hop Gardens
    What are you brewing right now?
    National Homebrew Day
    Home-brewers! Lets see your setup.
    Beer Birthday Bonanza
    ...there are others too.

I know the search feature can be wonky, just gotta get beyond page 1 sometimes
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey, JFrauff, I think it's cool that you grow hops. I hadn't seen that thread before.

SHF
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I brew my own, which reminds me the kegs are all empty, gonna have to find some time to replenish supplies!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Another home brewer here. Currently have bottled a saison, dunkelweizen, and a hefeweizen that should be ready to drink Friday. My next brews will be a weizenbock ( using my harvested wlp300) and a Belgian golden.