Thread: Holy Mole'

I <3 NM

Holy Mole'

Any tried this one from Ska? Just showed up in ABQ and I'd like some feedback before I spring for a 6er.

Thx

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    I like SKA, but I saw this one and thought about it, but did'nt. I always check here if in doubt.
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

Paper Mill Aleworks
    I had it at SAVOR...and it was "ok".
    I'm not a big "peppered" beer fan, so it didn't really appeal to me personally.
    That aside; the mouth-feel was nice, low heat, good flavor (verbatim from my SAVOR notes).

Go for it, what's the harm?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Beer Me!
    Plenty of Mole beers seem to be hitting the scene after New Belgiums success with Coco Mole, I have had two other thus far, but neither have come close to NB's original. I will keep an eye out for this one.

Normally i do not like chili/pepper beers, but the some heat with the high malt profile seems to be a nice combo.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

Beer Please!
    I don't like chili or pepper beer.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

I <3 NM
    Left Hand's Fade to Black Vol 3 was good.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yup, Left Hand Fade to Black redefined what pepper beer could be about. It had a nice heat at the end of a nice porter. The heat was almost replacing a hop bitterness. I've since had New Holland El Mole Ocho and thought it was in the same league.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I would recommend. Good well rounded flavors and spice.
    jesus rides a fixed gear.

mtbr member
    I saw this thread on Tapatalk yesterday while I was sitting at the bar...thought I should take a pic. That's the mole stout second from the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Holy Mole'-ska-today.jpg  

mtbr member
    I think it's decent. An interesting note as well: I was talking to the head brewer at SKA about the Mole', and mentioned NB's version (I believe it's Cocoa Mole'), and he said he was a bit perturbed because he had been working on this one for quite awhile - before other Mole' had actually come out (including NB's).

Regardless, it's worth a try. I couldn't drink more than one, but it has good spice to it. Not a lot of heat to it. Probably would be a great Thanksgiving day beer as it surely won't be overpowered by food.

mtbr member
    I tried this beer on International Stout day at a local brewery. I was very glad I did as mentioned the pepper and high malt content make a very nice match. This beer was very easy to drink and unlike most stouts I could drink a lot of them.