• 12-20-2012
    ndinh
    Just had some of my best beers this year, this past weekend......FW 16th anniv., Abyss, Jubilee, Lost Abbey Cuvee du Tomme '12, FW Parabola, Ballast Pt Victory at Sea and tasters of Fifty Fifty Eclipse series. Surprisingly, these were all on tap at 1 bar.
  • 12-20-2012
    X-FXR
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
    Just had some of my best beers this year, this past weekend......FW 16th anniv., Abyss, Jubilee, Lost Abbey Cuvee du Tomme '12, FW Parabola, Ballast Pt Victory at Sea and tasters of Fifty Fifty Eclipse series. Surprisingly, these were all on tap at 1 bar.

    Wait can't post that and not disclose the bars name/location... :p
  • 12-20-2012
    ndinh
    Well, if anyone is in Los Angeles, it's FarBar in downtown. This was their tap list for Saturday:
    Firestone Walker XVI
    Firestone Walker Parabola
    Hangar 24 Pugachev's Cobra
    Sierra Nevada Bourbon Barrel aged Ovila Dubbel
    New Belgium Lips of Faith La Folie
    Ballast Point Victory at Sea
    Ballast Point Indra Kunindra
    Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat w/ Thai Chilie and Lime
    Epic Big Bad Baptist
    Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich
    Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme
    Deschutes The Abyss
    Deschutes Jubilee (Nitro)
    Eagle Rock Tarte Noir
    Smog City Weird Beer
    The Bruery Melange #3
    The Bruery 5 Golden Rings
    Pizza Port Solana Beach Liquid Mistletoe
    Dogfish Head Miles Davis' *****e's Brew
    Moylans White Christmas
    Drakes Jolly Rodger
    Beachwood INXS (of hops)
    Beachwood Denver Jackhammer DIPA
    Big Sky Biere de Noel
    Avery Rumpkin (bottle pours)
    Avery Odio Equum (bottles)
  • 12-20-2012
    Possum Jones
    Awesome list!

    I've been enjoying SN's Celebration. I just picked up some St Bernadus XChristmas for Xmas day
  • 12-20-2012
    dirt farmer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
    Well, if anyone is in Los Angeles, it's FarBar in downtown. This was their tap list for Saturday:
    Firestone Walker XVI
    Firestone Walker Parabola
    Hangar 24 Pugachev's Cobra
    Sierra Nevada Bourbon Barrel aged Ovila Dubbel
    New Belgium Lips of Faith La Folie
    Ballast Point Victory at Sea
    Ballast Point Indra Kunindra
    Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat w/ Thai Chilie and Lime
    Epic Big Bad Baptist
    Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich
    Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme
    Deschutes The Abyss
    Deschutes Jubilee (Nitro)
    Eagle Rock Tarte Noir
    Smog City Weird Beer
    The Bruery Melange #3
    The Bruery 5 Golden Rings
    Pizza Port Solana Beach Liquid Mistletoe
    Dogfish Head Miles Davis' *****e's Brew
    Moylans White Christmas
    Drakes Jolly Rodger
    Beachwood INXS (of hops)
    Beachwood Denver Jackhammer DIPA
    Big Sky Biere de Noel
    Avery Rumpkin (bottle pours)
    Avery Odio Equum (bottles)

    What a great list! By the way, it is "Jubelale", not "Jubilee".
  • 12-20-2012
    Rob-Bob
    Corsendonk Christmas ale..so good.
  • 12-20-2012
    InvictaS1
    Anchor's Christmas 2012 and Thirsty Dog's 12 Dogs of Christmas are both good.
  • 12-20-2012
    LostBoyScout
    Parallel 49 Black Christmas CDA. Awesomely complex beer, rich and dark, more bitter than sweet.
  • 12-22-2012
    GelatiCruiser
    No love?
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ne24SkoKeE.../s1600/OSA.jpg

    My F-I-L unknowingly has a magnum of this from 2005 or 2006 that I'm going to be drinking this year. Hahaha....yes!!
  • 12-22-2012
    Madurochris
    I'm really liking the Sam Adams Winter Lager. Just hits my tongue just right plus it's easy to find.
  • 01-06-2013
    dobovedo
    Since we're far enough into winter now and I've finished my harvests/oktoberfests, I'll chime in on this. What can I say - I'm a slow drinker.

    I'll go with two, from:
    1) Asheville, where I live - Highland Cold Mountain 2012, with the exception of 2009, best in many years.
    2) Cincinnati, where I'm from - Mt. Carmel Winter Ale... this may be my favorite winter seasonal ever.
  • 01-06-2013
    Klurejr
    This is technically the 2011 Eclipse purple wax (12 year old elijah craig barrels) from Fifty Fifty brewing:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...106_172449.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...106_172401.jpg

    It was very good.
  • 01-06-2013
    Hoban
    Ninkasi SleighR. Yummy. :)
  • 01-11-2013
    watts888
    Trader Joe's holiday ale is pretty good. Just don't drink it the year you buy it. It needs to sit for a couple years. The spices need time to meld.
  • 01-12-2013
    Possum Jones
    Sierra Nevada Bigfoot ale is legit
  • 01-12-2013
    LostBoyScout
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    No love?
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ne24SkoKeE.../s1600/OSA.jpg

    My F-I-L unknowingly has a magnum of this from 2005 or 2006 that I'm going to be drinking this year. Hahaha....yes!!

    That is super good, I drank it regularly last year but for some reason didn't see this year. :thumbsup:
  • 01-12-2013
    Tincup69
    I've been drinking a lot of Sierra Nevada Celebration, man is that good.
  • 01-14-2013
    SolarCross
    MMM ahh Ice Tea beer is tasty!