Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    It is year round??? I thought it was their winter seasonal. Even says "Limited Release" on the bottle.
    Either way, the Merlin is my favorite of the Firestone beers...but I haven't had that double IPA yet.

I'm with stupid
    Winter Warlock, by far the best seasonal beer I look forward to every year.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Winter Warlock, by far the best seasonal beer I look forward to every year.
    Oooohh, that is a good one, only obtained a bottle from Jfryauff a while ago, it was tasty.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Jubleale is very very nice this year. I just found Widmere Bourbon No.12 in the store the other day. I have been liking their Nelson NW ale so I gave the Bourbon beer a try. Very nice for around $4 a bomber and 9% Alcohol. Not too sure it is a Holiday beer, but on a cold snowy evening, I bet the little bourbon finish will make you think it is a holiday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Haven't had Full Sail Wreck the Halls yet this year. But, I do like the name.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    It's not my favorite (see my post above), but it's surely in my top five!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Dirt, Ya tried the Abyss yet this season?. We have not gotten the shipment yet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So I've been going through some holiday beers since starting this thread. I've had Sierra NV's Celebration, WInterbraun, Hub's Abominable Snowman, Snow Day from New Belg., Double Bastard, Gnome, and a few others I can't think of right now, but far and away the best still has been Terminal Gravity's Festivale. For me, nothing else has come close to beating it. I had a couple last night...after having one for the first time back when I started this thread. Even better the second time around. I don't know how available this beer is outside Oregon, but if you can get one, try a bottle. Out in six-packs.
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 12-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.

PRETENDURO
    So far, Iíve been keeping warm thanks to the Jewbelation 16. 16 hops, 16 malts, and 16%ABV.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom H View Post
    Yes! I missed the release party several weeks ago, and the vertical tasting, but it's still as good as ever!

mtbr member
    Like a beer hug.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Great Lakes Christmas Ale!!

callipygian rondure
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    It's not my favorite (see my post above), but it's surely in my top five!
    I just grabbed a case of their Holiday Session lager.
    Great stuff!
    "A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure."

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaken View Post
    I just grabbed a case of their Holiday Session lager.
    Great stuff!
    I do like that. It's much better than their regular Session, or their Session Black Lager

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I do like that. It's much better than their regular Session, or their Session Black Lager
    I considered buying the holiday session at the store the other day, but checked myself because I had such a negative experience with the Black Lager Sessions. I'm gonna have to try this holiday session. I think the regular session is ok, at least in the way any flavorless beer is good. I've not had a lot of luck with the Full Sail beers, but I haven't tried them all. Got any Full Sail recommends outside this one?
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    I've not had a lot of luck with the Full Sail beers, but I haven't tried them all. Got any Full Sail recommends outside this one?
    Try the Wreck the Halls...haven't had this year's yet, but I've usually enjoyed it. And, of course, there's Black Gold (Bourbon-aged imp stout) and Top Sail (Bourbon-aged imp porter) -- both really nice. Some of the vintage Black Gold is on the order of Abyss...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    Velvet Merlin is one I always look forward too. (this thread needs more pictures)

I also really liked the Haandbryggeriet Nessefar i had last year, might try and find that again...

Glad to hear the anchor christmas is good this year. I LOVED it a few years ago, but thought last 2 year were total duds. I will give it a go.
    Good stout but my complaint is that its called a oatmeal stout yet it's weak bringing the oatmeal flavor. Have some in the beer fridge so it's not all bad...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride."

mtbr member
    Just picked this up last night.....not for the hop heads that's for sho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite Winter/Holiday beer of 2012...-jewbelation.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR View Post
    I want to try this but I know my wife won't like it and I'm not sure I should take a full one to the head.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR View Post
    Ha. I bought that one too because the beer store guy got it in and where I live he has a hard time moving some of the stranger creations. I like to support his adventurism, but he may know even less than I do about beer. I bought it without even realizing it was 16% alcohol. I was too scared to drink it by my lonesome, so I gave it as a gift. I think it only cost me a little over $5. I got a good deal.

On a funny aside, the beer store dude also got a few of the Happy Chanukah 8 packs so you can have a different bottle of beer each night over the holiday. The beer store guy told me:

"Hey, this 8 pack makes a great birthday gift because it comes with a glass you can break and some candles."
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    I want to try this but I know my wife won't like it and I'm not sure I should take a full one to the head.
    I'd split it with ya, if you lived closer. Mine doesnít like it either, so more for me! Iíve been known to drink a bottle of port in a night tooÖso just buy one an enjoy it over a few hours. Trust me I love malty craft brews and this is in my top 3 all timeÖ.just a well balanced beer with a malt explosion.

Ha. I bought that one too because the beer store guy got it in and where I live he has a hard time moving some of the stranger creations. I like to support his adventurism, but he may know even less than I do about beer. I bought it without even realizing it was 16% alcohol. I was too scared to drink it by my lonesome, so I gave it as a gift. I think it only cost me a little over $5. I got a good deal.
    On a funny aside, the beer store dude also got a few of the Happy Chanukah 8 packs so you can have a different bottle of beer each night over the holiday. The beer store guy told me:
    "Hey, this 8 pack makes a great birthday gift because it comes with a glass you can break and some candles."
    Seriously...it's one of the best craft beers Iíve ever had, and I never pass one up. I've had several of last yearís "15" and it's not a beer you'll consume quickly. Itís a strong beer but nothing to shy away from. $5 bucks!!!! WHAT!!! That is a killer price for it. I love beers that go off the beaten path and explore art making in beer, minus fruit and heavy hops, if you like a beer w/ malt type finishes do yourself a favor and pick this upÖ
    Thatís if you guys wonít drink it Iíll head over to TW&B and do my part to economically support Shmaltz Brewing tp appease the beer GodsÖ

mtbr member
    Agree with all the others on Anderson Valley Winter Solstice - it's always a good go-to. Other good ones I've been getting into in Colorado are Great Divide's Hibernation, Ska Brewery's Euphoria and Avery's Old Jubilation.
    All are pretty good, hearty winter/holiday beers.

mtbr member
    I have Dechutes Jubelale, Ebinezer, and Santa's Little Helper as well. I have Rouges chocolate stout, while it's not a winter/holiday specific beer it does get an honorable mention, basically a chocolate bar in a bottle....yumm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom H View Post
    Got a case of it.....I won't be opening it up until next year. Methods for it's proper care are being enacted and enforced. But last years is pouring very nicely! Also the Black Butte is tasty as well.

mtbr member
    New Fav.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast