mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Fall is basically here and the beer just gets better now and into the winter.

What's up all?
    It's Pumpkin time guys. It's out and in plenty.
    Southern Tier is probably the best overall Pumpkin to try if you haven't had one yet.
    RiverHorse and Wyerbacher both make an incredible Pumpkin but they have a nice kick.

Side mention is Octoberfest beers are here and another reason to just love Fall
    Any of the German brands make excellent Octoberfest Beers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Fking hate winter. Like beer tough.
    Old Crafty Hen is great. Hobgoblin do some nice seasonal beers.... mmmmmmmmm, beer.

mtbr member
    I had one of Stevens Point Brewings Whole Hog Pumpkin beers the other night. Man, was that a tasty beer. Tasted like pumpkin pie filling!

mtbr member
    With all of the hops being harvested now , the freshly hopped beers are pretty damn good. Founders Harvest Ale can't be on the shelves soon enough for me.

The pumpkin beers are not for me.
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by dickeydoo View Post
    With all of the hops being harvested now , the freshly hopped beers are pretty damn good. Founders Harvest Ale can't be on the shelves soon enough for me.

The pumpkin beers are not for me.
    This.

It's fresh hop season, and I'm eagerly awaiting Deschutes Hop Trip and Chasin' Freshies.

Pumpkin is not for me, either.

Hi.
    Weyerbacher Imperial Pumkin is Superb. I prefer it to ST's Pumking.

Almanac's Heirloom Barleywine is excellent too and has been out since spring.

Beer Please!
    Since my wife and I are going to Denver this weekend for our anniversary I am going to try and manage a trip to Avery for Rumpkin Day Release party. Rumpkin is my favorite Pumpkin based beer, probably because it is aged in Rum Barrels....
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Fall is the best time of year not to mention the best time of year for beer as well. I do like Pumking but also love Shipyards Pumpkinhead Ale. That's my go to beer right now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I love pumpkin so any beer recommendation with that flavor is good for me. I eat the stuff right out of a can...

I sweep myself
    I really liked Sam Adams Fat Jack last year. Normally don't like pumpkin beers, to me they usually just taste like drinking pumpkin pie.

I've been keeping an eye out and haven't seen any of the brands mentioned here, will have to keep lookin'
    "In the past few years there has been building up within me an obsession that the only way to piece of mind is to go somewhere in the desert, far away from things, and just sit down." - Ernie Pyle

Rogue Exterminator
    Not a fan of the fall brews.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    just had ST Harvest last night man is that good, and also Long Trail imperial pumpkin very tasty indeed

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Since my wife and I are going to Denver this weekend for our anniversary I am going to try and manage a trip to Avery for Rumpkin Day Release party. Rumpkin is my favorite Pumpkin based beer, probably because it is aged in Rum Barrels....
    Nice, need to get up there and checkout their tap room. They were supposed to release my favorite beer last Fri, Old Jubilation ale, but the flooding delayed the release so I have to be patient for few more weeks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I had Good Gourd from Cigar City in Tampa, FL for the first time last night, and it absolutely destroys Pumking.

Hillbilly
    Seasonals make life worth living in the colder months, IMO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am disappointed not being able to get my hands on any Dogfish Head Punkin this year. I guess i will have to try some other breweries versions.

mtbr member
    I would recommend Red Hook Pumpkin Porter. I was pleasantly surprised.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder View Post
    Nice, need to get up there and checkout their tap room. They were supposed to release my favorite beer last Fri, Old Jubilation ale, but the flooding delayed the release so I have to be patient for few more weeks.
    Def get up there, the tap room is really cool as is the Barrel room in the Back. I ended up winning a "track jacket" with the Avery Logo on it from the Raffle at the Rumpkin Release party, the proceeds went to help with flood relief.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

rr
    I don't do PC
    The Old Jub is flowing at their tap room now. Usually a few weeks later till I see it here, but we are headed up to Ft Collins to see our daughter at college on Oct 12th so if I have not seen it by then I will def plan on hitting the tap room!

That's really cool you won that jacket, I saw it in the gear section on their site.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Pumpkin beers often disappoint. I've never had an Uinta beer that disappointed. Even their PunkN is pretty darn tasty.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Pumpkin beers often disappoint. I've never had an Uinta beer that disappointed. Even their PunkN is pretty darn tasty.
    Try some Southern Tier Pumpking which I believe is distributed to Oregon.

I'm not a fan of Uinta's Kolsch becuase it's not a Kolsch...tastes like diluted dried malt extract to me. Have you had their Oaked Jacked Imperial Pumpkin? Pretty good stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Try some Southern Tier Pumpking which I believe is distributed to Oregon.

I'm not a fan of Uinta's Kolsch becuase it's not a Kolsch...tastes like diluted dried malt extract to me. Have you had their Oaked Jacked Imperial Pumpkin? Pretty good stuff.
    Southern Tier is in Oregon. I've had their chocolate stout, which is one of my favorites in that style. I believe I spotted the Pumpking at my local last year, but didn't pick any up. Will try it if I see it around.

I saw that Oaked Jacked on Uinta's website. If I ever see a bottle, I'm gonna buy if the price is right. I try to avoid Kolsch's for the most part so I'll be sure not to try that one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just got my hands on the little box of He Said, He Said. It's a collaboration between 21st Amendment and Elysian. Two small bottles of Baltic Porter with pumpkin spices, and two bottles of Belgian Quad with pumpkin spicing. I believe Elysian is doing the porter and 21st the quad, but I'd have to make a trip to the fridge to find out. Going to do that once they're chilled.

Edit: I opened the box this pack came in. There are four 12oz. cans. The Belgian is a Triple, not a Quad.
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 10-26-2013 at 10:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    I had Good Gourd from Cigar City in Tampa, FL for the first time last night, and it absolutely destroys Pumking.
    Buy one and age it for a year. Uneffinreal.
    I have a Bruery Autumn Maple that's been aged for a year I need to try soon.

I've been impressed with ST Warlock.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer