Paper Mill Aleworks

A early birthday suprise!

I'm super excited to read that Voodoo Brewing will finally be releasing their "Barrel Room Collection"...and it's the day after my birthday too!

From the brewery:
    We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported us over the past 5 years since the brewery opened and in the past 6 months that our pub has been open. Without you, we wouldn't be where we are today and are sincerely and forever grateful for all of your support.

With the pub opening, the release of our barrel aged products was unfortunately delayed as we shifted gears from a production only facility to a production facility and brewpub. This meant an increase in brewing frequency, developing new beers for the pub, brewing seasonal beers and also bottling more packaged product. Needless to say, tank space and the availability of the bottling line to package the barrel aged beers has been at a premium for the past year. Today, however, we are overjoyed to announce that we have finally set a date for the first ever Barrel Room Collection Release at the Pub at Voodoo in Meadville, PA. The release will take place on Saturday, March 23 at our pub at 215 Arch Street. The following beers will be available to purchase:

Laird's Apple Brandy Gran Met 22oz
    Laird's Apple Brandy Big Black Voodoo Daddy 22oz
    Buffalo Trace Big Black Voodoo Daddy 22oz
    Pappy Van Winkle Big Black Voodoo Daddy 22oz
    Laird's Apple Brandy Black Magick 12oz
    Buffalo Trace Black Magick 12oz
    Pappy Van Winkle Black Magick 12oz

More details will follow in the coming weeks regarding ticket distribution, bottle counts, bottle limits, pricing, draft list and the second release that will occur at the Blue Dog in Lansdale. Three quarters of the barrel aged product will be released at our pub, wtih the remaining quarter available at the Blue Dog at a later date. Again, we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to grow and we eagerly await being able to put these beers in your hands. Cheers!
    I will be trying to get everything on that list...in triplicate

Check them out if you haven't already, it's a great brewery from PA.
    Voodoo Website
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Beer Please!
    Pappy Van Winkle Big Black Voodoo Daddy 22oz

ohhhhhh

Pappy Van Winkle Black Magick 12oz

ahhhhhh

man those all sound good.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Color me disappointed, I don't think we rank high enough to get that here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So I will be going to this then.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    So I will be going to this then.
    Let me know if you're interested in carpooling.
    A few great breweries along the way too
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Allotments at prices revealed!

Buffalo Trace Black Magick (12oz)- 552 bottles, limit 3/person, $8/bottle
    Pappy Van Winkle Black Magick (12oz)- 523 bottles, limit 3/person, $10/bottle
    Laird's Apple Brandy Black Magick (12oz)- 174 bottles, limit 2/person, $10/bottle

Buffalo Trace Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- 268 bottles, limit 1/person, $17/bottle
    Pappy Van Winkle Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- 267 bottles, limit 1/person, $19/bottle
    Laird's Apple Brandy Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- 171 bottles, limit 1/person, $19/bottle
    Laird's Apple Brandy Gran Met (22oz)- 398 bottles, limit 1/person, $19/bottle

there will also be the following available for purchase, in addition to bottles of our year round offerings:
    2011 Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- no limit, $10/bottle
    2012 Big Black Voodoo Daddy (22oz)- no limit, $9/bottle

This means that there is enough for 87 people to get a full allotment. Once the Laird's Apple Brandy Black Magick is gone, the next lowest bottle count is 171 on the Laird's Apple Brandy Big Black Voodoo Daddy. So, an additional 84 people will be able to get everything except the Laird's Apple Brandy Black Magick... you can keep doing the math to figure out the rest.
    I'm dreading how early I'll have to get there for this, but as it's really going to be the only release I make it to this year, I'll suck it up for one night.

Beer Please!
    now that I see how rare these beers will be I really want one.....
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.