Beer Please!

Duck Duck Gueuze to be released again this year.

The Lost Abbey - Inspired Beer for Sinners and Saints Alike

I heard there was a ton of hype over this beer the last time it was released, I am curious to see how they decide to distribute it come Labor Day weekend.

Has anyone had it before?
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

whatever she says gueuze.
    Looks like we'd have to buy it online and then be given a week or so to pick it up. 750mL bottles, 6 per person. I went to one of Stone's earlier sourfests and it was on the list. We got there about an hour late and it was gone. That was the closest I ever got to it. Side note though, had the Framboise do Amorosa a few times this year and it was unbelievably good.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
    Looks like we'd have to buy it online and then be given a week or so to pick it up. 750mL bottles, 6 per person. I went o one of Stone's earlier sourfests and it was on the list. We got there about an hour late and it was gone. That was the closest I ever got to it. Side note though, had the Framboise do Amorosa a few times this year and it was unbelievably good.
    yeah they just updated the post on facebook yesterday stating they are doing the brown paper ticket thing like alesmith does for special releases. I plan to get at least two bottles of it.

Framboise de Amorosa was very good this year, I still have a bottle in the fridge.

Looks like Alesmith is doing a BA Speedway and a Vietmanise coffee speedway special release soon too.

too many good beers coming out, not enough money.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    yeah they just updated the post on facebook yesterday stating they are doing the brown paper ticket thing like alesmith does for special releases. I plan to get at least two bottles of it.

Looks like Alesmith is doing a BA Speedway and a Vietmanise coffee speedway special release soon too.
    Any chance you'd mind being my trustee/mule for the bottles I buy online?
    Both Alesmith and DDG.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

I'll be down there picking up a bottle or two so let me know. I have no problem picking one up for you.

Beer Please!
    Either way. I am short on Funds right now so I would need some cash up front so I can purchase them all. For the Alesmith one they are going on sale next week. I am purchasing one of each for myself, and probably one of each for my brother, that leaves me with 4 more of each to hit my limit. I plan to be online and ready to order so i can get what I need.

Depending on the price I might be willing to purchase my limit on the duck duck gueuze.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Either way. I am short on Funds right now so I would need some cash up front so I can purchase them all. For the Alesmith one they are going on sale next week. I am purchasing one of each for myself, and probably one of each for my brother, that leaves me with 4 more of each to hit my limit. I plan to be online and ready to order so i can get what I need.

Depending on the price I might be willing to purchase my limit on the duck duck gueuze.
    Are they (Lost Abbey) not doing online purchases with a trustee pick-up option like The Bruery?
    Thought I read that somewhere...might have been wrong.
    I know Alesmith's releases are purchaser pick-up only sometimes...eh, we'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ndinh
    I'll be down there picking up a bottle or two so let me know. I have no problem picking one up for you.

May take you up on that, cheers!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Alesmith will be on Monday I believe. Not sure how accurate this is but my friend told me that when purchased through Brown paper tickets, the purchaser will have to pick up the beers because they check IDs. Basically, you may not be able to buy them online and have someone else pick them up.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Alesmith will be on Monday I believe. Not sure how accurate this is but my friend told me that when purchased through Brown paper tickets, the purchaser will have to pick up the beers because they check IDs. Basically, you may not be able to buy them online and have someone else pick them up.
    Yes, that is how Alesmith has worked it in the past.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    So it looks like $40/bottle, with a six bottle limit, and no proxies...boo.
    I'll probably be hitting somebody up with a PayPal deposit

Unfortunately, it looks like they're only allowing pick-ups for Sat (31st) and Sunday (1st). I thought they would have other days/times so I don't think I'll be able to head down to SD that weekend for this. IMO, I think the pricetag is a little high and a little too strict for any beer.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    IMO, I think the pricetag is a little high and a little too strict for any beer.
    I'm right there with you on that.
    don't get me wrong, it's a great beer (based on the last batch), but $40/bottle is getting steep.

...but whalez bro!

Beer Please!
    WHALEZ!!!!!!! I pulled out my harpoon and nabbed me a BA Speedway this morning..... Duck Duck Gueuze is on the Horizon..... I can smell it.

Beer Please!
    6 min so far of the website not responding...... They should have used brown paper tickets...... I will be irritated if I have to spend the next hour refreshing the window hoping to purchase a bottle....

Beer Please!
    1.5 hours later and the site is still not working....

Lost Abbey screwed up on this one....

Beer Please!
    annnnnnnd order complete... good thing I work on a computer all day and can monitor this crap.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    annnnnnnd order complete... good thing I work on a computer all day and can monitor this crap.
    Yeah!