Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Dogfish Head 120 minutes

Anybody ever had it? Only heard about it, and having 90 minute be my favorite beer on the planet, I would LOVE to try 120. Where can I find it? what season does it come around? Thankssss

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    agreed on the 90-minute, I love that beer! sadly I cant get it here in Missouri so I stock up in Florida!

Paper Mill Aleworks
    It's big, offensive, and wonderful all at the same time.
    I liken it more to a barleywine than an IIPA, but it is what it is, a great beer.

They try an release it periodically, I think the last time was earlier this year.

It's distributed to the following: AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, VA, WA

So depending on where your at, and how fast it sells (usually fairly quick), you can grab some. The Dogfish Head website has a "Fish Finder" application, which will give you bars/stores in your area which have it, if available.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Beer Please!
    I found some when visiting NYC back in the spring. I live in Socal so DFH beer is limited on what they ship here.

I had it just 2 months later in May and it was very boozy, good but tons of heat.

My second bottle is aging, I plan to try it this coming spring and see how it matured.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    got it. thanks for the info. Luckily a few places here in socal are starting to have 90min on tap but too bad about no 120!

Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    It's big, offensive, and wonderful all at the same time.
    I liken it more to a barleywine than an IIPA, but it is what it is, a great beer.

They try an release it periodically, I think the last time was earlier this year.

It's distributed to the following: AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, VA, WA

So depending on where your at, and how fast it sells (usually fairly quick), you can grab some. The Dogfish Head website has a "Fish Finder" application, which will give you bars/stores in your area which have it, if available.
    Add TX to the list. My local beer shop called me this afternoon that they got some 120min today. Not sure there will be any left when I get outta here, but I'm gonna try.

mtbr member
    Ive had it, I dont think its a "good" ipa. Its a VERY strong beer, but it tastes like they tried to make it as harsh and offensive as possible. Theres just no balance or real quality flavor. Has a distinct alcohol taste and it doesnt go down well.

I think Hebrew RIPA is a better example of a very strong IPA (all though its not as strong). The 120 was a big letdown, I thought the 90 minute was a really good beer with drastically better flavor.

Its worth buying one, im glad i finally found one but was definitely let down. Its a novelty at best.

mtbr member
    My beer store had 12oz bottles for $11.99 each. I couldn't swing it.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Some friends went to the brewery the other day. They were told that 120 minute and World Wide Stout are no longer going to be made. I will miss the world wide stout!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    120 is obnoxious and disgusting. I've had them aged and fresh. Ick. I agree that its like a barleywine except I've never had a barleywine as obnoxious or disgusting. Not for me, clearly. YMMV.

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it
    WOW, lots of negativity. 120 is my favorite. WW is second. Neither is what most people think of as a beer. I wouldn't get one at a ballgame. But GD is it good at home or at DFH. I really hope previous post is wrong about them stopping production.

Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    Ive had it, I dont think its a "good" ipa. Its a VERY strong beer, but it tastes like they tried to make it as harsh and offensive as possible. Theres just no balance or real quality flavor. Has a distinct alcohol taste and it doesnt go down well.

I think Hebrew RIPA is a better example of a very strong IPA (all though its not as strong). The 120 was a big letdown, I thought the 90 minute was a really good beer with drastically better flavor.

Its worth buying one, im glad i finally found one but was definitely let down. Its a novelty at best.
    After finishing my bottle this evening, I understand a lot of these comments. Yeah, the alcohol is seriously apparent. After one bottle, I had a serious buzz for close to an hour after finishing. As I got closer to the end of the bottle, I began to decide that it wasn't my favorite, either. I agree that 90min tastes better in general.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Add TX to the list. My local beer shop called me this afternoon that they got some 120min today. Not sure there will be any left when I get outta here, but I'm gonna try.
    Got mine yesterday and waiting to try it. From what I understand it hasn't been in Texas for a couple of years. Only allowed me to buy two bottles at the store and they were 10 bucks a pop. At 10 bucks one better get me drunk

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I have had a couple different years. It's good, but not worth the $ IMO. I much prefer the 90 minute. And I can have four of them for less than one 120.

That said, the 120 is worth the experience.

Beer Me!
    I had it, was an interesting experience. I wouldn't pay for it again, as it wasn't breathtaking, but it was worth the effort to get it the once.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    The 120 is a wonderful thing, but it moves to a realm beyond "beer" for me. It's not something you sit and drink a 6-pack of. More like champagne.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    120 is worth trying at least once. As others have said it is more like a barley wine than a traditional IPA. To me it was very sweet. Not a bad beverage but not worth the $12 for a 12oz bottle imo.
    Signature

I like the 120, but I like the World Wide Stout (also 18 ABV) even more.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Agree with those that said it's obnoxious. Had one goblet and it was enough.

mtbr member
    It tastes like a very cheap IPA with a couple shots of store brand vodka in it. Its still one of those beers that you just gotta try.

Not saying to pass it up, its worth the experience... but its nasty

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonz View Post
    I like the 120, but I like the World Wide Stout (also 18 ABV) even more.
    Absolutely. WW Stout is a better beer overall, especially for something with really high ABV.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Damn, this sucks about the WWS. I always thought the WWS was a great beer, complex, not really characteristic of a stout, more like a strong flavorful belgian ale with some stout characteristics.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hadique View Post
    120 is obnoxious and disgusting. I've had them aged and fresh. Ick. I agree that its like a barleywine except I've never had a barleywine as obnoxious or disgusting. Not for me, clearly. YMMV.
    Have too agree here. It's very over the top. I had it on tap as a sample at a DFH brew pub and via a bottle and it's just too much. Also, I'm a DFH lover, but this one doesn't do a single thing for me. In fact it tastes like I imagine kerosene would taste.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I love 120 but hate WWS. Just dont like the taste it leave in my mouth!

I'm your density
    If any of you are old enough to remember this:

that's what it tasted like to me. Love the 90 minute, though.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast