mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Does this mean anything?

I bought a 22oz Firestone Walker's Private Reserve porter tonight. This is what I found on Firestone's website:

REMEMBER: Watch for bottled on dates located on the necks or bottom left corner of the label for each of our beers. Our beer is not pasteurized, so it is best when stored at 44F or below, out of light and within 120 days of the bottled on date...this ensures freshness and ultimately a great Firestone Walker beer!

I don't see the bottling date on the beer, but I've seen it for some time at my beer store, so I'm guessing it's past due the date. The beer was stored warm on a shelf in normal lighting.

You think it's going to make a big difference when drinking? Will it taste anything like FW intended? I'll report back after I drink it.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    That style of beer wont change as much as others in <1 year storage. i wouldn't worry.

>1 year, you will start to see some change, but you would have to be familiar with the beer to notice.

If it was an IPA i would say RUN AWAY. If it was a hoppy stout, i would say buy them all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Didn't seem to hurt it. I couldn't find any kind of date on the bottle no matter how many times I looked. Nice beer. Pretty hoppy finish for a porter.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.