mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Costco's incredible IPA and craft beer selection

About a month ago I noticed that Costco had started carrying a few craft beers for the first time. I went there today and they had an entire section of craft beers. Must have been 20 different types. I hope this trend continues.
    Last edited by peter19ue; 02-28-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter19ue View Post
    About a month ago I noticed that Costco had started carrying a few craft beers for the first time. I went there today and they had an entire section of craft beers. Must have been 20 different types. I hope this trend continues.
    Which Costco? Where?

There are two of them near my house and sometimes they get the Ballast Point or Stone Multipacks of Bombers, and when Stone 12.12.12 released they had individual bottles for sale as well.... Other than that and the normal cases of Stone IPA, Stone Pale, Sam Adams and Karl Strauss cases that is all I have ever seen.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Roseville. They must have had 20-25 IPAs. Triple Voodoo, Firestone, Ballast Point, Stone Brewery, Knee Deep Brewing, Lagunitas, Allagash, North Coast Brewery and a whole bunch more. Also some craft stouts and lagers. Ended up picking up about 20 bottles. Hope they keep carrying craft beers. About a month ago they only had 3 or 4 brands and this time they had alot more so people must be buying them.

Hi.
    Unfortunately only certain Costco stores carry the huge selections. But when they do, it's a nice treat!

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Unfortunately only certain Costco stores carry the huge selections. But when they do, it's a nice treat!
    No kidding, I got my 12.12.12 for less than $6.00 per bomber.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Flaccid Member
    I found a few or 4 12.12.12 Vertical Epic Bombers, sometime in June, and bought the last of them. at Costco.. Spicy beer... gingerbread, pumpkin and some mint in there. I'd call it a Holiday brew beer.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Rogue Exterminator
    My local grocery store has an incredible selection of beers.
    It doesn't get the hard to find seasonal stuff that is usually only allocated to specialty beer stores but it is still one of the best selections I have ever seen.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member

Costco's incredible IPA and craft beer selection

My local Costcos have also beefed up their beer selections. It's great to have a new source

A little FYI, you do not have to be a Costco member to buy alcohol at Costco. Go in to the customer service counter. Tell them you are there to purchase alcohol. They will give you a temporary pass.
    There used to be clubs that required you to be a member to buy their booze. They were called Speak Easies and they are now illegal.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    My local Costcos have also beefed up their beer selections. It's great to have a new source

A little FYI, you do not have to be a Costco member to buy alcohol at Costco. Go in to the customer service counter. Tell them you are there to purchase alcohol. They will give you a temporary pass.
    There used to be clubs that required you to be a member to buy their booze. They were called Speak Easies and they are now illegal.
    I would guess this may change state by state.
    NC still requires memberships to clubs that sell liquor but not food (in some counties, memberships are required even if they only sell beer and wine)
    Also, there are private clubs in other states (country clubs, etc) that I promise you that if you are not a member or a guest of a member you will not step foot on the property.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    check out Whole Foods too. mine is supposed to have Pliny, but i havent seen it yet
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    Not true in Wa state you do have to be a member to purchase alcohol.In fact you have to be a member to purchase anything at Costco except the pharmacy.19 year employee.It`s possible some states may vary.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Costco has some good pricing on cases of beer. Ballast Point and Stone seem to get the best deals compared to Vons or BevMo.