humber river advocate

corner store beer...

ok, lets say you can't sell beer... next best thing, a beer kit!

a really good idea... but lets test one.

tried this kit.

almost ready...

tasting results will be posted soon...

Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

Beer Please!
    I don't get it, what exactly is that?
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    I don't get it, what exactly is that?
    It's a home-brew kit, similar to Mr. Beer a la Canada...think milk in a bag
    Mister Beer
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    It's a home-brew kit, similar to Mr. Beer a la Canada...think milk in a bag
    Mister Beer
    MB Bottle Brew is craft-brewed, the same way all premium beers are made. Then, instead of fermenting it, we bottle it. After you buy it, you simply add our specially selected brewer�s yeast which triggers the fermentation in your home, right in the bottle.

10-12 days later, you�ll have the freshest tasting beer possible. It�s like a fresh baked loaf of bread versus day old bread. There really is no comparison.
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I read that on the website, that makes sense. So they do an all grain batch, steep the grains and boil it with hops etc and just stick it in a bottle as a sugar water and then give you the yeast.

The percentage of alcohol is predetermined by the amount of fermentable sugar dissolved. It is not dependent on the amount of yeast added. We strongly recommend to not add any additional sugar, molasses, honey or maple syrup, which can cause extreme fermentation and potentially cause the bottle to explode.
    I am curious how it does not explode anyway.... From what I can see it looks like it comes with a second cap to seal it up after you add the yeast, but no blow off valve.

I wonder how long the liquid wort can sit in a bottle like that before one begins the fermentation process and still produce good beer?
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    wow, i gotta see how this comes out.

back in the 80's a convenience store near me sold ready-to-drink beer in two-liter bottles. not quite sure why that never caught on.