mtbr member

Cigar Beer pairings pics

Sorry in advance for the lousy iPhone pic. This is an offshoot of the “cat and beer pairings” thread. Hoping to have a “Cat, cigar and beer pairing pic soon for the other thread (with seven cats, shouldn’t be a stretch)

A bottle of 2015 The Abyss, aged in Rye Whiskey barrels, smuggled in my suitcase back to Maui, along with a Diamond Crown Maximus....chocolaty raisiny molasses perfection on a Saturday night.
    Cigar Beer pairings pics-img_1476.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Looks good. I'm a cheapie so it's usually a Romeo y Julieta and either scotch bourbon or a Scottish ale or stout for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    One of my favorite beers to drink when I'm smoking cigars is Unibroue Terrible.

Unibroue | Terrible

It goes best with a maduro or a medium to full bodied cigar (Ashton VSG), but really goes great with almost any smoke. It's heavy and malty with undertones of fruit without having any fruit in it. Almost belongs in the port family!

mtbr member
    Cigar Beer pairings pics-img_7019.jpg

Not exactly what I’d call a match with last night’s pairing, but 2 very worthy offerings, for sure. Basically, the smooth sophistication of a (non-Cuban) Cohiba Edicion Diamante Capa Reserva 1980 came face-to-face with the brawn of a prizefighter in the Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout. Interesting to say the least.

I picked up just one of these special Cohibas recently in Oregon, having never tried any of their offerings before. Based on the phenomenally smooth and creamy taste (and “special” price), I think I started near the top of their line. Damn that cigar was fine! But honestly, it would have paired with some nice Scotch much better. Live and learn.

mtbr member
    Out of Office Session IPA and Davidoff Grand Gru No 4 after fatbiking.
    Cigar Beer pairings pics-uploadfromtaptalk1462020341456.jpg

Lähetetty minun D5803 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

mtbr member
    Man, l love good beer and good cigars. Just don't like them together, I normally pair my cigars with water, or coffee.
    And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. A. Senna

mtbr member
    Cigar Beer pairings pics-img_7053.jpg

Damn near perfection tonight. Old Viscosity with an Arturo Fuente Anejo #48. Molasses goodness meets a maduro wrapper aged in a cognac barrel.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    About to light up. That's an LFD DL Digger, so I'll be needing another beer.

mtbr member
    Hard to beat this combo, especially after an afternoon of riding and giving the local trail a little love. A My Father Le Bijou 1922 with some Great Divide barrel aged Hibernation Ale. Highly recommended pairing right here.

Cigar Beer pairings pics-img_7074.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2016
    More of a cider or mead guy, but i have a bunch of cigars and smoke at least 2 to 3 times a week. Having my last warhead ii tonight (by far my favorite band design with an absolutely amazing cigar to boot) and a granny smith woodchuck

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Celebrating my 32nd birthday with a cuban monte no2 and some zombie killer cider

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow102 View Post
    Celebrating my 32nd birthday with a cuban monte no2 and some zombie killer cider
    Well played Sir. That looks mighty refreshing.

mtbr member
    I’ve gotta admit it, pairing a cigar with a beer turns up mediocre results more often than not....but I’ve got a winner here tonight.

Stone Brewing’s “Enjoy After” Brett IPA is one of the more unique brews I’ve had in a while - a wonderfully refreshing blend of spice and floral notes, without the usual uber-hopped IPA bitterness that almost always clashes with a cigar. Paired with a La Boheme, all smooth and nutty and creamy and aromatic. Mmmm....

Cigar Beer pairings pics-img_7506.jpg

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Yeah! Nice collection there. Hoping to finally sample one of those during a short stop in Canada next month.

mtbr member
    Another intriguing pairing just posted on Cigar Aficionado’s site....sounds similar to my pairing last night.

Cigar Pairing: Dogfish Head Bière de Provence | Drinks