mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Brewers Union Local 180

Here's to Brewers Union Local 180 in Oakridge, OR for being named one of the top 10 Nano Breweries in the country! You can start a gammut of rides right from the brewery and finish with good food and pints.

Check out the riding and the brew, both are awesome!

mtbr member
    Brewer's Union is interesting. Their beers are different than the ordinary brewpub. All cellar temperature, all hand drawn through a beer engine. Very unique. Not my favorite brewery, but I value them as one of the best breweries I've been to.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm with Brewtality here. I appreciate/respect what they do, but not my cup of tea. Course I stop at Brewer's Union whenever I'm in Oakridge, but that's also because there is no place else to stop in Oakridge.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Good points. Yes, I will admit that the cask temp brew is an aquired taste. I did have one beer that was the birthday ale (forget the official name), it is was one of the best beers I have ever had with a head that was undescribable. Everyone is different, but I look at the brewery as a packaged deal and part of that package is the actual connection between the community and mtb world.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Dogs Bike and Ski View Post
    Good points. Yes, I will admit that the cask temp brew is an aquired taste. I did have one beer that was the birthday ale (forget the official name), it is was one of the best beers I have ever had with a head that was undescribable. Everyone is different, but I look at the brewery as a packaged deal and part of that package is the actual connection between the community and mtb world.
    Yep, if in Oakridge, OR, Brewer's Union should not be missed.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    One of my most memorable beers was a ginger ale at Brewer's Union. Unlike the soda pop crap sold at the grocery store, this was spicy, dry and 3% APV. I was actually excited to try a real ginger ale, and this did not disappoint.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm a huge fan of Brewers Union. While I appreciate that some consider cask beer an acquired taste, I'm a junkie for the stuff. There are 2 amazing things about this place. First that they make such excellent beer by any measure. Second that they're in Oakridge of all places.

I've been to many places where you go to ride, and hope for good food/beer. I would have been beyond thrilled to find a beer joint half as good as Brewers Union in Oakridge. This place is a destination unto itself. I'd go there to drink beer even if the riding wasn't completely off the chain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b0bg View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Brewers Union. While I appreciate that some consider cask beer an acquired taste, I'm a junkie for the stuff. There are 2 amazing things about this place. First that they make such excellent beer by any measure. Second that they're in Oakridge of all places.

I've been to many places where you go to ride, and hope for good food/beer. I would have been beyond thrilled to find a beer joint half as good as Brewers Union in Oakridge. This place is a destination unto itself. I'd go there to drink beer even if the riding wasn't completely off the chain.
    That is a good point, Ted would be very happy to hear that. I agree, even if not there to mtb, I would be at the pub most every night. A side note, Becky who was the owner of the Trailhead Cafe run is now making the food which is a double awesome!