mtbr member

Blackout Stout- Great Lakes, Cleveland, OH

Imperial Stout. Cleveland, OH. I went to Cleveland for St. Patricks day this year with a teammate whose family lives on the east side. I live in Arizona, and several liqour stores in town specialize in unique/import beers. Sadly, although respectively, Great Lakes does not distribute outside of Ohio, and from what I understand not even very far from the city.

Out west, Ive been on-site to many great breweries- Pyramid, Steamworks(CO), Avery(CO), Four Peaks(AZ), Flying Dog(CO), Flathead Lake(MT), Full Sail (OR) to name good after-race spots...

I think the west coast is pretty much elite when it comes to not only creating, but continuing to dish out new and successful brews for our tasting pleasure. Traveled extensively throughout the mid-west and east coast, and Great Lakes Brewery is the best spot EAST of Colorado! Their "Burning River Pale Ale" is a serious contender for my favorite Pale Ale, nationwide. Hopefully, I can stop buying extra suitcases in Cleveland, cause its the only way to smuggle it to AZ.

mtbr member
    they do distribute around, i get 5-6 different 6 packs of theres here in chicago all the time.

but all of their more limited beers, like the blackout stout, arnt shipped around at all.

BTW, the brewery is only 5 miles from Ray's MTB park. SCORE!
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

mtbr member
    also, id put Dog Fish Head and Two Brothers over it, personally.
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

Keep rollin'

Love most of their stuff...

Here in the Cincinnati area, you can get all of their stuff, even the seasonal brews. Their Edmund Fitzgerald (Porter) is fantastic. Also a big fan of the Dortmunder Gold (Lager), and the Elliot Ness (Amber).

I tried the Blackout Stout this past summer, and it just didn't do anything for me. I'm sure it's great (handful of awards), it's just not for me.

The Imperial Dortmunder that came out this year for their 20th Anniv. was awesome as well.

...iC...
    ---What good is a man who won't take a stand?---

Riding makes me happy!
    I've bought their beers in both Indiana and Kentucky. They make some tasty beers!
    [SIZE="3"][FONT=Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]You guys and gals make me want to ride off-road.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Check out my Twitter: http://twitter.com/Bohamilton[/SIZE]

pronounced may-duh
    There are many great breweries outside of the west coast. Not to take anything away from the fine west coast breweries but they are not any better then those in other parts of the country. There is really great beer all over the US.