Brings a tear to thine eye

Post your local list
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

Beers on tap list

I'll take one of each
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Outlaw
    4oz pours?, (and I see the beers they are so pick your wedgies and settle down). The bar manager needs to be flogged for that. All the 8oz pours are a bit out of hand too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Re View Post
    4oz pours?, (and I see the beers they are so pick your wedgies and settle down). The bar manager needs to be flogged for that. All the 8oz pours are a bit out of hand too.
    Agreed. By the time I rub a little beer behind my ears, 4 oz is gone. And please post the name of the pub/brewery/house that you're posting the tap list from. Maybe I want to go there if I'm in that town!
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Your stuck-up WEST COAST bar is TERRIBUL, Francois..

Where Is teh MAGIC HAT#9==BEST Beer EVER? ---- (Ben Franklin disapproves.)

mtbr member
    Oh my sweet loving lord, that's about the best selection I've ever seen. Me want go now.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Re View Post
    The 4oz pours are for Drake's Black Label and Russian River Pliny the Younger. Both are extremely limited quantity beers that usually sell out on the same day they're tapped (they're only made in February.) Keeping the pours small means more people get to try it...plus they're both 11%+ ABV. Even buying those beers at the brewery will get you 8-10 oz pours.

Similarly, the 8oz pours are high ABV and/or limited quantities. Same concept there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Agreed. By the time I rub a little beer behind my ears, 4 oz is gone. And please post the name of the pub/brewery/house that you're posting the tap list from. Maybe I want to go there if I'm in that town!
    It's Harry's Hofbrau. Check out the one in Redwood City, San Leandro or San Jose. Good homestyle German food too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    The 4oz pours are for Drake's Black Label and Russian River Pliny the Younger. Both are extremely limited quantity beers that usually sell out on the same day they're tapped (they're only made in February.) Keeping the pours small means more people get to try it...plus they're both 11%+ ABV. Even buying those beers at the brewery will get you 8-10 oz pours.
    I know the logic, but still don't make it easy to live with. Yeah, yeah, supply and demand and all, but $6 for 4oz. of beer? I guess, but it still speaks to what I consider to be my major pet peeve of craft brewing/pubing. Too much exclusivity in the business. I know this is an old, dead horse for me to be beating, jt. I just can't stop myself. Good thing there is a lot of great beer to drink at most any pricepoint.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    I know the logic, but still don't make it easy to live with. Yeah, yeah, supply and demand and all, but $6 for 4oz. of beer? I guess, but it still speaks to what I consider to be my major pet peeve of craft brewing/pubing. Too much exclusivity in the business. I know this is an old, dead horse for me to be beating, jt. I just can't stop myself. Good thing there is a lot of great beer to drink at most any pricepoint.
    Well said Slow Danger. I think Stone's Enjoy By is our savior - easy to procure when it's out (I recently had a keg of it), released fairly regularly, not crazy expensive, and just about as good as Pliny the Elder - I may even enjoy it more when you consider the satisfaction of not having to beg to be worthy enough to get some.