Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Beer and your manhood

Who is bugged about the deleterious effect of beer on testosterone? Do you guys just ignore this fact?
    Nobody cares...........

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Um, living a reasonably healthy lifestyle, not swilling enormous amount of cheap beer,
    enjoying the good stuff in moderation, not fretting too much!

mtbr member
    Why has the Beer Forum turned into the anti-beer forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Oh, just man the heck up. I am 60, and if I could ever catch a cute one, me thinks that ain't the problem. My wife told me to go to the doc and get some of those pills that would help improve our sex life. When I brought her home some diet pills, I was moved out to the couch.

passed out in your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel View Post
    Who is bugged about the deleterious effect of beer on testosterone? Do you guys just ignore this fact?
    ignorance is (drunken) bliss
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    May 2005
    It's not a fact. Just ask your friendly neighborhood search engine.

Sent from my bout of Lagunitas-induced anti-self-righteousness
    Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    Something tells me the OP watches too much T.V.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Somehow the species continues to procreate even though beer has been a part of life for thousands of generations.
    There is another prolific poster that leans towards hysterical fear of phyto-estrogens. Perhaps the two of you should meet and have tea or coffee.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    This study showed that ~3 beers a day for three weeks resulted in a 6.8% decrease in plasma testosterone levels. /yawn

Effect of moderate alcohol consumption ... [Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Those who worry about beer reducing their "manhood", are those men who do not have manhood to spare in the first place. The rest of us drink beer so as to bring us down to the level of mortal men. Without doing this, you pathetic, low testosterone weaklings would burst into tear on sight, and us real men do not enjoy the sounds of sobbing man babies who's genitalia has long since been removed.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Need a shot of testosterone?
    Go swing a McLeod or clean some drains on the trails.

Rogue Exterminator
    So what you are saying is that drinking beer is taking my manhood away.

Now the real question is what robbed you of yours?

Afric Pepperbird
    I'd still love beer even if I had a vagina.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    It scares the hell out of me...so I compensate by wrestling bears, eating glass, and driving a tank.

Science!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    It scares the hell out of me...so I compensate by wrestling bears, eating glass, and driving a tank.

Science!
    This.

Also to the OP, Drinking in moderation will not reduce a mans testosterone. If it was truly an issue men would of stopped being able to make babies a long time ago. You do realize beer has been around longer than trumped up studies.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Why has the Beer Forum turned into the anti-beer forum?
    YES!!!
    I F-ing Love the daylights out of beer. I drink 2 beers a night on average, One of the most enjoyable things in life.

Screw the studies, pass me a pint.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'm in my mid 40's and have been drinking beer for damn near 25 years. Still hornier than a 30 peckered billy goat.

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    I'm in my mid 40's and have been drinking beer for damn near 25 years. Still hornier than a 30 peckered billy goat.

You know what they say, "the older the bull, the stiffer the horn".

Hi.
    I have plenty of testosterone to spare. Drinking beer and hanging on Pinterest and Etsy help me to get in touch with my feminine side.

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpirx View Post
    Um, living a reasonably healthy lifestyle, not swilling enormous amount of cheap beer,
    enjoying the good stuff in moderation, not fretting too much!
    I totally agree! With all the great beers out there, there is ZERO reason to drink anything but the good stuff!

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Don't bother. As you can see from the responses, bringing up any of the negative health facts about beer will get you personally attacked and there will be weak and laughable attempts to try to brand you as a troll. The true believers over-worshiping daily at the the Altar of the Golden Hops just don't want to see, hear or speak anything bad about their true love: beer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer and your manhood-see-no-evil.jpg  

^^Oh snap! Right on time. Seems tl1 has a new playmate to help disseminate anti-beer propaganda in the BEER forum. Good show!

As for my testosterone level, I find a good night out on the town chasing skirts and fighting cops while choking lions for sport seems to align the planets enough that I don't worry too much. Though I am a bit concerned that I have taken to crossing my legs in a feminine fashion as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Don't bother. As you can see from the responses, bringing up any of the negative health facts about beer will get you personally attacked and there will be weak and laughable attempts to try to brand you as a troll. The true believers over-worshiping daily at the the Altar of the Golden Hops just don't want to see, hear or speak anything bad about their true love: beer.
    TL1 I hope you do not feel that I have personally attacked you....personally.

My suggestion to you would be to reduce your headstrong fervor against beer in a sub-forum that is specifically devoted to it. Its not your opinion that result in you being branded "troll" its the imprudent persistence, and obstinate refusal to let bygones be bygones . You do present some interesting facts, and I can respect for your undauntable drive to educate us on the health risks of beer; but I fail to comprehend why MTBR's BEER sub-forum is the ground on which you chose to make your stand.

You will not convince me, and probably most others; to stop drinking beer because of these studies. Loosen up a bit and these threads won't be blown as out of proportion.

Think of us as your crazy buddies that are fun to hang out with, but you probably aren't going to change.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    First off...I think you're swell.

Secondly, I would imagine if there was a "toothpaste" forum on these boards, you'd be wreaking havoc over there as well. Right?
    Heavy metals, pesticides, fluoride, chlorine and estrogen-mimicking chemicals are...and have been...manipulating the receptor sites in our endocrine systems for decades.
    These days, the average testosterone level of an adult male is 400-500 ng/dL (nano grams per deciliter), with the total possible range between 200-800ng/dL, barring outliers. However, these numbers are shockingly low when you realize that barely 100 years ago, the range of testosterone in adult males was 800-2000 ng/dL.
    Trust me...moderate recreational beer drinking is not the issue...human nature and bad consumerism is.
    I'm with you on being a proponent of a "healthy" lifestyle, but you're barking up the wrong tree by attacking beer. Anyone with enough of a drinking problem in which beer alone is sapping estrogen levels is a farce, at that point it's an overall lifestyle issue, beer is just fractional component.

I'm not sure if you were touched by beer inappropriately as a young child, but it would explain a bit.

Carry on...
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004

We (heart) you, TL1!

Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    Think of us as your crazy buddies that are fun to hang out with, but you probably aren't going to change.
    Or maybe, in keeping with the holiday spirit, you can think of us as your drunkles who tell really funny jokes then pass out on your front lawn after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    I'm not sure if you were touched by beer inappropriately as a young child, but it would explain a bit.
    And maybe we touched you just a little bit.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast