Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Changing what subject? What are you talking about, do you even know? My premise in this and other like threads is that beer in small quantities has some healthy benefits but in large quantities is harmful and dangerous. So what logic flaws are you exposing? The analogy I made for Klugerjr between a fragile bike part and beer was what exposed the flaws in his logic. I have no idea whatever else you're trying to refute and I have a feeling you don't either because you don't bother to identify it. Then jmartino piles on, not having Clue One either. Guys get another beer, I think you may be suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
    A circular argument is also a logic flaw. Your premise shifts continually using the premise and point interchangably.
    I have identified the logic flaws. As Ed Koch once said, "I can explain this to you, I can't understand it for you."
    You are clearly skilled at using google. If you are unwilling to google logic fallacies, do not blame me for your lack of knowledge. And, I would appreciate if you ceased ridiculing those who do not share your opinion (ad hominem attack). BTW - just because I do not take your word as scripture, it does not mean I am suffering withdrawl.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    A circular argument is also a logic flaw. Your premise shifts continually using the premise and point interchangably.
    I have identified the logic flaws. As Ed Koch once said, "I can explain this to you, I can't understand it for you."
    You are clearly skilled at using google. If you are unwilling to google logic fallacies, do not blame me for your lack of knowledge. And, I would appreciate if you ceased ridiculing those who do not share your opinion (ad hominem attack). BTW - just because I do not take your word as scripture, it does not mean I am suffering withdrawl.
    My premise has never shifted once. Nice cut and paste job but you should probably stop now before you embarrass yourself even further. My beer today is a New Belgium Snow Day but that doesn't mean I'm about to buy any snow jobs from you. Withdrawl? Is that a Southern form of withdrawing from alcohol?

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe4soul View Post
    Free radicals in food cause cancer and shorten life. If you eat a near starving diet with good nutrition you can extend your life. No thanks. I'll enjoy the simple pleasures of good beer, wine, food, sex, etc. until I die. Which will probably be by an accident like being hit by a bus. Which chances are increased by playing in traffic on foot or on a bike (don't need no study to know this). But I still choose to play.

Wouldn't that just piss you off to die a shortened, unfulfilled life? Phuck abstinence!
    Not really. On many days it pleases me quite a bit when boorish people expire prematurely. It's one of my guilty pleasures actually. I wouldn't call sex with your inflatable friend "good" exactly though.

Rogue Exterminator
    Have I ever done anything different than say that drinking beyond safe levels is harmful?
    Let me get this straight so there is no confusion.

Drinking BEYOND SAFE levels is harmful?

Are you sure?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    My premise has never shifted once. Nice cut and paste job but you should probably stop now before you embarrass yourself even further. My beer today is a New Belgium Snow Day but that doesn't mean I'm about to buy any snow jobs from you. Withdrawl? Is that a Southern form of withdrawing from alcohol?
    Nice non-sequiter. Now you are just wrong. Your first "fact based" post in this thread was this:
    Beer and your manhood - Page 2 - Mtbr Forums
    That strongly implied any beer is bad for health. Now your premise seems to be too much beer is bad. What will your premise be next? Your premise shifts like sand. Facts are facts, my spelling mistakes aside.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Nice non-sequiter. Now you are just wrong. Your first "fact based" post in this thread was this:
    Beer and your manhood - Page 2 - Mtbr Forums
    That strongly implied any beer is bad for health. Now your premise seems to be too much beer is bad. What will your premise be next? Your premise shifts like sand. Facts are facts, my spelling mistakes aside.
    You looked up all the logic buzzwords today didn't you? What part of that post "strongly implied any beer is bad for health"? When you're deep in a hole bud, just stop digging.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    TL1 I hope you do not feel that I have personally attacked you....personally.

My suggestion to you would be to reduce your headstrong fervor against beer in a sub-forum that is specifically devoted to it. Its not your opinion that result in you being branded "troll" its the imprudent persistence, and obstinate refusal to let bygones be bygones . You do present some interesting facts, and I can respect for your undauntable drive to educate us on the health risks of beer; but I fail to comprehend why MTBR's BEER sub-forum is the ground on which you chose to make your stand.

You will not convince me, and probably most others; to stop drinking beer because of these studies. Loosen up a bit and these threads won't be blown as out of proportion.Think of us as your crazy buddies that are fun to hang out with, but you probably aren't going to change.
    Originally Posted by tl1
    Oh brother. Here's a fact for your perusal: the more the people here deny the facts and try to brand people presenting health facts about beer as "anti-beer", or "tin-foil hat wearers" and so on, the more it activates my desire to present the facts. That's because "everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” If that annoys anyone here that is their problem not mine. I'm not trying to stop anyone from drinking beer or trying win converts or to make beer drinking friends or outlaw alcohol or "make a stand" or whatever else the fevered imaginations around here come up with. I'm simply presenting the information.

I'm not "anti-beer", I'm drinking one right now. I'm basically just saying that it's another straw on the camel's back among all the other carcinogens and endocrine disruptors we're continually exposed to when you consume beer at levels greater than the drinking guidelines based on the latest information. There are many carcinogens and endocrine disruptors that can't be avoided, this one can. To me it doesn't seem to be something that should provoke the backlash of hysteria that it does, but it does. I could care less.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Let me get this straight so there is no confusion.

Drinking BEYOND SAFE levels is harmful?

Are you sure?
    I wonder if he can find a journal article on google that can support his claim.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    You looked up all the logic buzzwords today didn't you? What part of that post "strongly implied any beer is bad for health"? When you're deep in a hole bud, just stop digging.

This one: your words, not mine...
    "I'm basically just saying that it's another straw on the camel's back among all the other carcinogens and endocrine disruptors we're continually exposed to when you consume beer at levels greater than the drinking guidelines based on the latest information. There are many carcinogens and endocrine disruptors that can't be avoided, this one can."

Maybe you should think through your argument more and discourage me less. I've got time for this debate.

Rogue Exterminator
    The facts are plain and simple.

Fact 1:
    Some of us have plenty of manhood to spare and don't have to worry if beer has an adverse affect on us.

Fact 2:
    tl1, I understand why you would worry about it, but you shouldn't
    You can't lose what you never had in the first place.

Now seriously, why would you come in to a forum which only purpose is discuss the frothy goodness given to us by all that is holy? What do you hope to accomplish by continually arguing about the possible adverse affects that goodness might have on us? Seriously, it seems that you would argue anything just for the sake of arguing. Next, I bet you will tell us you don't have a vagina.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    This one: your words, not mine...
    "I'm basically just saying that it's another straw on the camel's back among all the other carcinogens and endocrine disruptors we're continually exposed to when you consume beer at levels greater than the drinking guidelines based on the latest information. There are many carcinogens and endocrine disruptors that can't be avoided, this one can."

Maybe you should think through your argument more and discourage me less. I've got time for this debate.
    What exactly is your issue with that statement? It says exactly that, drinking any alcohol at greater amounts than recommended drinking guidelines adds to the risk of cancer and endocrine disruption.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    The facts are plain and simple.

Fact 1:
    Some of us have plenty of manhood to spare and don't have to worry if beer has an adverse affect on us.
    Good for you. I'm suitably impressed.

Fact 2:
    tl1, I understand why you would worry about it, but you shouldn't
    You can't lose what you never had in the first place.

Now seriously, why would you come in to a forum which only purpose is discuss the frothy goodness given to us by all that is holy? What do you hope to accomplish by continually arguing about the possible adverse affects that goodness might have on us? Seriously, it seems that you would argue anything just for the sake of arguing. Next, I bet you will tell us you don't have a vagina.
    The only people arguing are the people complaining about the information all the time. I'm just responding. I hope to accomplish presenting the information that's all so folks can be aware of it. Not too long ago I thought 3-5 beers a day was "moderate" and I think a lot of other people did too. Already people are claiming to only drink two beers a day. It used to be widespread to speak of drinking a lot more than that. But I'm not trying to "accomplish" that, that's their choice. I just want the info. out there so people can make an informed decision. Stop being such whiny beeotches about it and trying to portray me as some wacko I'll readily shut up.

banned
    Oct 2012
    Drinking never affected me too much, but I drink crappy beer and have one nutt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Good for you. I'm suitably impressed.

The only people arguing are the people complaining about the information all the time. I'm just responding. I hope to accomplish presenting the information that's all so folks can be aware of it. Not too long ago I thought 3-5 beers a day was "moderate" and I think a lot of other people did too. Already people are claiming to only drink two beers a day. It used to be widespread to speak of drinking a lot more than that. But I'm not trying to "accomplish" that, that's their choice. I just want the info. out there so people can make an informed decision. Stop being such whiny beeotches about it and trying to portray me as some wacko I'll readily shut up.
    Only you can present yourself as some whacko. You don't seem to need our help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Moved

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    What exactly is your issue with that statement? It says exactly that, drinking any alcohol at greater amounts than recommended drinking guidelines adds to the risk of cancer and endocrine disruption.
    None with the statement. I'm just posting pointless contradictory stuff now to amuse myself. Actually, no one disputes the greater point that too much beer can be a problem. It is your relentless pathological need for the approval of a bunch of wingnuts on the internet that we all find so amusing.

Beer Me!
    I give up. My manhood's fine, 'nuf said
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

Trail Prospector
    ... I hope to accomplish presenting the information that's all so folks can be aware of it. Not too long ago I thought 3-5 beers a day was "moderate" and I think a lot of other people did too. Already people are claiming to only drink two beers a day. It used to be widespread to speak of drinking a lot more than that. But I'm not trying to "accomplish" that, that's their choice. I just want the info. out there so people can make an informed decision. Stop being such whiny beeotches about it and trying to portray me as some wacko I'll readily shut up.
    Based on this thread, the only whacko-whiney biotch here - be you.
    ---------- [cdc.gov 411] -----------
    The 15 leading causes of death in 2011 (Table B) were as follows:
    1 Diseases of heart
    2 Malignant neoplasms
    3 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
    4 Cerebrovascular diseases
    5 Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    6 Alzheimer’s disease
    7 Diabetes mellitus
    8 Influenza and pneumonia
    9 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis
    10 Intentional self-harm (suicide)
    11 Septicemia
    12 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
    13 Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease
    14 Parkinson’s disease
    15 Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids
    ------
    Cause of death as a result of alcohol abuse is # 12.
    Doubt that many here will argue, yet your desire to educate us ignorant
    beer drinking, MTB riding fools has turned you into an unwelcome idiot.

In case this ^^ is obtuse, here's an analogy.
    While considered bad form to fart in church, it's far less acceptable to stand up on the pew to point out who let rip.

EMR & HIPPA allow sharing of medical records between physicians, hospitals,
    and ins. co's., and once admitting to having more than X beers per week,
    one is tagged as an "at risk" individual.
    THIS is a vaild reason for people to understate their consumption.

#5 cause of death is accidents.
    Perhaps, your talent to inform would have a greater impact on the car & biker folks.
    .... In the meantime, please, quit kicking us in the teeth.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Perhaps, your talent to inform would have a greater impact on the car & biker folks.
    Thank you.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Nobody cares...........

Rogue Exterminator
    That last part about you shutting up is the first sensible thing you have said.

You should do that.

FYI, I think everyone here knows that beer is not the healthiest thing in the world to consume but I also think that nobody here really gives a flying fvck. I choose to drink beer as often or as little as I want because I enjoy it. I have cut back on or denied myself lots of pleasures in life for the simple fact they are not good for me but if living to be 100 means not enjoying anything then I don't want to live to be 100.
    I certainly don't need a self righteous prick pointing out that something I enjoy is unhealthy especially since I live a healthier lifestyle then the majority of the world.

So, take your so called "facts" about beer, shove them deep inside your anal cavity along with your 2 cents and the hamster already crawling around in there because nobody really cares.

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    That last part about you shutting up is the first sensible thing you have said.

You should do that.

FYI, I think everyone here knows that beer is not the healthiest thing in the world to consume but I also think that nobody here really gives a flying fvck. I choose to drink beer as often or as little as I want because I enjoy it. I have cut back on or denied myself lots of pleasures in life for the simple fact they are not good for me but if living to be 100 means not enjoying anything then I don't want to live to be 100.
    I certainly don't need a self righteous prick pointing out that something I enjoy is unhealthy especially since I live a healthier lifestyle then the majority of the world.

So, take your so called "facts" about beer, shove them deep inside your anal cavity along with your 2 cents and the hamster already crawling around in there because nobody really cares.

AAAAHHHH!!!! The voice of reason.

Never mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    None with the statement. I'm just posting pointless contradictory stuff now to amuse myself. Actually, no one disputes the greater point that too much beer can be a problem. It is your relentless pathological need for the approval of a bunch of wingnuts on the internet that we all find so amusing.
    In other words you realized that you couldn't dispute the premise in question, played it off like you were joking all along and then crawled back in your hole. Pretty much what was expected from you given your past postings. The day I need approval from some of the noisy defensive louts around here is the day I fly to the moon on unicorn back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer and your manhood-unicorn-x.jpg  

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Only you can present yourself as some whacko. You don't seem to need our help.
    If you have ever been involved in any kind of substance abuse recovery situation as a concerned friend, family member or employer I think you would recognize the kind of ridiculous and vitriolic character assassination attempts made around here and how valid they are.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Based on this thread, the only whacko-whiney biotch here - be you.
    ---------- [cdc.gov 411] -----------
    The 15 leading causes of death in 2011 (Table B) were as follows:
    1 Diseases of heart
    2 Malignant neoplasms
    3 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
    4 Cerebrovascular diseases
    5 Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    6 Alzheimer’s disease
    7 Diabetes mellitus
    8 Influenza and pneumonia
    9 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis
    10 Intentional self-harm (suicide)
    11 Septicemia
    12 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
    13 Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease
    14 Parkinson’s disease
    15 Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids
    ------
    Cause of death as a result of alcohol abuse is # 12.
    Doubt that many here will argue, yet your desire to educate us ignorant
    beer drinking, MTB riding fools has turned you into an unwelcome idiot.

In case this ^^ is obtuse, here's an analogy.
    While considered bad form to fart in church, it's far less acceptable to stand up on the pew to point out who let rip.

EMR & HIPPA allow sharing of medical records between physicians, hospitals,
    and ins. co's., and once admitting to having more than X beers per week,
    one is tagged as an "at risk" individual.
    THIS is a vaild reason for people to understate their consumption.

Interesting but as far as health discussion goes the discussion in this thread was testosterone and peripherally cancer and other negative effects of too much alcohol consumption not general mortality or other disease. Try to focus.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast