Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 148 of 148
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Changing what subject? What are you talking about, do you even know? My premise in this and other like threads is that beer in small quantities has some healthy benefits but in large quantities is harmful and dangerous. So what logic flaws are you exposing? The analogy I made for Klugerjr between a fragile bike part and beer was what exposed the flaws in his logic. I have no idea whatever else you're trying to refute and I have a feeling you don't either because you don't bother to identify it. Then jmartino piles on, not having Clue One either. Guys get another beer, I think you may be suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
    A circular argument is also a logic flaw. Your premise shifts continually using the premise and point interchangably.
    I have identified the logic flaws. As Ed Koch once said, "I can explain this to you, I can't understand it for you."
    You are clearly skilled at using google. If you are unwilling to google logic fallacies, do not blame me for your lack of knowledge. And, I would appreciate if you ceased ridiculing those who do not share your opinion (ad hominem attack). BTW - just because I do not take your word as scripture, it does not mean I am suffering withdrawl.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  2. #102
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    A circular argument is also a logic flaw. Your premise shifts continually using the premise and point interchangably.
    I have identified the logic flaws. As Ed Koch once said, "I can explain this to you, I can't understand it for you."
    You are clearly skilled at using google. If you are unwilling to google logic fallacies, do not blame me for your lack of knowledge. And, I would appreciate if you ceased ridiculing those who do not share your opinion (ad hominem attack). BTW - just because I do not take your word as scripture, it does not mean I am suffering withdrawl.
    My premise has never shifted once. Nice cut and paste job but you should probably stop now before you embarrass yourself even further. My beer today is a New Belgium Snow Day but that doesn't mean I'm about to buy any snow jobs from you. Withdrawl? Is that a Southern form of withdrawing from alcohol?

  3. #103
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe4soul View Post
    Free radicals in food cause cancer and shorten life. If you eat a near starving diet with good nutrition you can extend your life. No thanks. I'll enjoy the simple pleasures of good beer, wine, food, sex, etc. until I die. Which will probably be by an accident like being hit by a bus. Which chances are increased by playing in traffic on foot or on a bike (don't need no study to know this). But I still choose to play.

    Wouldn't that just piss you off to die a shortened, unfulfilled life? Phuck abstinence!
    Not really. On many days it pleases me quite a bit when boorish people expire prematurely. It's one of my guilty pleasures actually. I wouldn't call sex with your inflatable friend "good" exactly though.

  4. #104
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Have I ever done anything different than say that drinking beyond safe levels is harmful?
    Let me get this straight so there is no confusion.

    Drinking BEYOND SAFE levels is harmful?

    Are you sure?

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    My premise has never shifted once. Nice cut and paste job but you should probably stop now before you embarrass yourself even further. My beer today is a New Belgium Snow Day but that doesn't mean I'm about to buy any snow jobs from you. Withdrawl? Is that a Southern form of withdrawing from alcohol?
    Nice non-sequiter. Now you are just wrong. Your first "fact based" post in this thread was this:
    Beer and your manhood - Page 2 - Mtbr Forums
    That strongly implied any beer is bad for health. Now your premise seems to be too much beer is bad. What will your premise be next? Your premise shifts like sand. Facts are facts, my spelling mistakes aside.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  6. #106
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    Nice non-sequiter. Now you are just wrong. Your first "fact based" post in this thread was this:
    Beer and your manhood - Page 2 - Mtbr Forums
    That strongly implied any beer is bad for health. Now your premise seems to be too much beer is bad. What will your premise be next? Your premise shifts like sand. Facts are facts, my spelling mistakes aside.
    You looked up all the logic buzzwords today didn't you? What part of that post "strongly implied any beer is bad for health"? When you're deep in a hole bud, just stop digging.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    TL1 I hope you do not feel that I have personally attacked you....personally.

    My suggestion to you would be to reduce your headstrong fervor against beer in a sub-forum that is specifically devoted to it. Its not your opinion that result in you being branded "troll" its the imprudent persistence, and obstinate refusal to let bygones be bygones . You do present some interesting facts, and I can respect for your undauntable drive to educate us on the health risks of beer; but I fail to comprehend why MTBR's BEER sub-forum is the ground on which you chose to make your stand.

    You will not convince me, and probably most others; to stop drinking beer because of these studies. Loosen up a bit and these threads won't be blown as out of proportion.Think of us as your crazy buddies that are fun to hang out with, but you probably aren't going to change.
    Originally Posted by tl1
    Oh brother. Here's a fact for your perusal: the more the people here deny the facts and try to brand people presenting health facts about beer as "anti-beer", or "tin-foil hat wearers" and so on, the more it activates my desire to present the facts. That's because "everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” If that annoys anyone here that is their problem not mine. I'm not trying to stop anyone from drinking beer or trying win converts or to make beer drinking friends or outlaw alcohol or "make a stand" or whatever else the fevered imaginations around here come up with. I'm simply presenting the information.

    I'm not "anti-beer", I'm drinking one right now. I'm basically just saying that it's another straw on the camel's back among all the other carcinogens and endocrine disruptors we're continually exposed to when you consume beer at levels greater than the drinking guidelines based on the latest information. There are many carcinogens and endocrine disruptors that can't be avoided, this one can. To me it doesn't seem to be something that should provoke the backlash of hysteria that it does, but it does. I could care less.

  7. #107
    Hi.
    Reputation: jtmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Let me get this straight so there is no confusion.

    Drinking BEYOND SAFE levels is harmful?

    Are you sure?
    I wonder if he can find a journal article on google that can support his claim.

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    You looked up all the logic buzzwords today didn't you? What part of that post "strongly implied any beer is bad for health"? When you're deep in a hole bud, just stop digging.

    This one: your words, not mine...
    "I'm basically just saying that it's another straw on the camel's back among all the other carcinogens and endocrine disruptors we're continually exposed to when you consume beer at levels greater than the drinking guidelines based on the latest information. There are many carcinogens and endocrine disruptors that can't be avoided, this one can."

    Maybe you should think through your argument more and discourage me less. I've got time for this debate.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  9. #109
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    The facts are plain and simple.

    Fact 1:
    Some of us have plenty of manhood to spare and don't have to worry if beer has an adverse affect on us.

    Fact 2:
    tl1, I understand why you would worry about it, but you shouldn't
    You can't lose what you never had in the first place.

    Now seriously, why would you come in to a forum which only purpose is discuss the frothy goodness given to us by all that is holy? What do you hope to accomplish by continually arguing about the possible adverse affects that goodness might have on us? Seriously, it seems that you would argue anything just for the sake of arguing. Next, I bet you will tell us you don't have a vagina.

  10. #110
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    This one: your words, not mine...
    "I'm basically just saying that it's another straw on the camel's back among all the other carcinogens and endocrine disruptors we're continually exposed to when you consume beer at levels greater than the drinking guidelines based on the latest information. There are many carcinogens and endocrine disruptors that can't be avoided, this one can."

    Maybe you should think through your argument more and discourage me less. I've got time for this debate.
    What exactly is your issue with that statement? It says exactly that, drinking any alcohol at greater amounts than recommended drinking guidelines adds to the risk of cancer and endocrine disruption.

  11. #111
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    The facts are plain and simple.

    Fact 1:
    Some of us have plenty of manhood to spare and don't have to worry if beer has an adverse affect on us.
    Good for you. I'm suitably impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Fact 2:
    tl1, I understand why you would worry about it, but you shouldn't
    You can't lose what you never had in the first place.

    Now seriously, why would you come in to a forum which only purpose is discuss the frothy goodness given to us by all that is holy? What do you hope to accomplish by continually arguing about the possible adverse affects that goodness might have on us? Seriously, it seems that you would argue anything just for the sake of arguing. Next, I bet you will tell us you don't have a vagina.
    The only people arguing are the people complaining about the information all the time. I'm just responding. I hope to accomplish presenting the information that's all so folks can be aware of it. Not too long ago I thought 3-5 beers a day was "moderate" and I think a lot of other people did too. Already people are claiming to only drink two beers a day. It used to be widespread to speak of drinking a lot more than that. But I'm not trying to "accomplish" that, that's their choice. I just want the info. out there so people can make an informed decision. Stop being such whiny beeotches about it and trying to portray me as some wacko I'll readily shut up.

  12. #112
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    110
    Drinking never affected me too much, but I drink crappy beer and have one nutt.

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Good for you. I'm suitably impressed.



    The only people arguing are the people complaining about the information all the time. I'm just responding. I hope to accomplish presenting the information that's all so folks can be aware of it. Not too long ago I thought 3-5 beers a day was "moderate" and I think a lot of other people did too. Already people are claiming to only drink two beers a day. It used to be widespread to speak of drinking a lot more than that. But I'm not trying to "accomplish" that, that's their choice. I just want the info. out there so people can make an informed decision. Stop being such whiny beeotches about it and trying to portray me as some wacko I'll readily shut up.
    Only you can present yourself as some whacko. You don't seem to need our help.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Moved
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    What exactly is your issue with that statement? It says exactly that, drinking any alcohol at greater amounts than recommended drinking guidelines adds to the risk of cancer and endocrine disruption.
    None with the statement. I'm just posting pointless contradictory stuff now to amuse myself. Actually, no one disputes the greater point that too much beer can be a problem. It is your relentless pathological need for the approval of a bunch of wingnuts on the internet that we all find so amusing.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  16. #116
    Beer Me!
    Reputation: Guerdonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,083
    I give up. My manhood's fine, 'nuf said
    "Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

  17. #117
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    ... I hope to accomplish presenting the information that's all so folks can be aware of it. Not too long ago I thought 3-5 beers a day was "moderate" and I think a lot of other people did too. Already people are claiming to only drink two beers a day. It used to be widespread to speak of drinking a lot more than that. But I'm not trying to "accomplish" that, that's their choice. I just want the info. out there so people can make an informed decision. Stop being such whiny beeotches about it and trying to portray me as some wacko I'll readily shut up.
    Based on this thread, the only whacko-whiney biotch here - be you.
    ---------- [cdc.gov 411] -----------
    The 15 leading causes of death in 2011 (Table B) were as follows:
    1 Diseases of heart
    2 Malignant neoplasms
    3 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
    4 Cerebrovascular diseases
    5 Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    6 Alzheimer’s disease
    7 Diabetes mellitus
    8 Influenza and pneumonia
    9 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis
    10 Intentional self-harm (suicide)
    11 Septicemia
    12 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
    13 Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease
    14 Parkinson’s disease
    15 Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids
    ------
    Cause of death as a result of alcohol abuse is # 12.
    Doubt that many here will argue, yet your desire to educate us ignorant
    beer drinking, MTB riding fools has turned you into an unwelcome idiot.

    In case this ^^ is obtuse, here's an analogy.
    While considered bad form to fart in church, it's far less acceptable to stand up on the pew to point out who let rip.

    EMR & HIPPA allow sharing of medical records between physicians, hospitals,
    and ins. co's., and once admitting to having more than X beers per week,
    one is tagged as an "at risk" individual.
    THIS is a vaild reason for people to understate their consumption.

    #5 cause of death is accidents.
    Perhaps, your talent to inform would have a greater impact on the car & biker folks.
    .... In the meantime, please, quit kicking us in the teeth.

  18. #118
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    #5 cause of death is accidents.
    Perhaps, your talent to inform would have a greater impact on the car & biker folks.
    .... In the meantime, please, quit kicking us in the teeth.
    Thank you.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chas_martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,476
    Nobody cares...........

  20. #120
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    The only people arguing are the people complaining about the information all the time. I'm just responding. I hope to accomplish presenting the information that's all so folks can be aware of it. Not too long ago I thought 3-5 beers a day was "moderate" and I think a lot of other people did too. Already people are claiming to only drink two beers a day. It used to be widespread to speak of drinking a lot more than that. But I'm not trying to "accomplish" that, that's their choice. I just want the info. out there so people can make an informed decision. Stop being such whiny beeotches about it and trying to portray me as some wacko I'll readily shut up.
    That last part about you shutting up is the first sensible thing you have said.

    You should do that.


    FYI, I think everyone here knows that beer is not the healthiest thing in the world to consume but I also think that nobody here really gives a flying fvck. I choose to drink beer as often or as little as I want because I enjoy it. I have cut back on or denied myself lots of pleasures in life for the simple fact they are not good for me but if living to be 100 means not enjoying anything then I don't want to live to be 100.
    I certainly don't need a self righteous prick pointing out that something I enjoy is unhealthy especially since I live a healthier lifestyle then the majority of the world.

    So, take your so called "facts" about beer, shove them deep inside your anal cavity along with your 2 cents and the hamster already crawling around in there because nobody really cares.

  21. #121
    heaven help me
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    That last part about you shutting up is the first sensible thing you have said.

    You should do that.


    FYI, I think everyone here knows that beer is not the healthiest thing in the world to consume but I also think that nobody here really gives a flying fvck. I choose to drink beer as often or as little as I want because I enjoy it. I have cut back on or denied myself lots of pleasures in life for the simple fact they are not good for me but if living to be 100 means not enjoying anything then I don't want to live to be 100.
    I certainly don't need a self righteous prick pointing out that something I enjoy is unhealthy especially since I live a healthier lifestyle then the majority of the world.

    So, take your so called "facts" about beer, shove them deep inside your anal cavity along with your 2 cents and the hamster already crawling around in there because nobody really cares.

    AAAAHHHH!!!! The voice of reason.

  22. #122
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Never mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

  23. #123
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    None with the statement. I'm just posting pointless contradictory stuff now to amuse myself. Actually, no one disputes the greater point that too much beer can be a problem. It is your relentless pathological need for the approval of a bunch of wingnuts on the internet that we all find so amusing.
    In other words you realized that you couldn't dispute the premise in question, played it off like you were joking all along and then crawled back in your hole. Pretty much what was expected from you given your past postings. The day I need approval from some of the noisy defensive louts around here is the day I fly to the moon on unicorn back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer and your manhood-unicorn-x.jpg  


  24. #124
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    Only you can present yourself as some whacko. You don't seem to need our help.
    If you have ever been involved in any kind of substance abuse recovery situation as a concerned friend, family member or employer I think you would recognize the kind of ridiculous and vitriolic character assassination attempts made around here and how valid they are.

  25. #125
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Based on this thread, the only whacko-whiney biotch here - be you.
    ---------- [cdc.gov 411] -----------
    The 15 leading causes of death in 2011 (Table B) were as follows:
    1 Diseases of heart
    2 Malignant neoplasms
    3 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
    4 Cerebrovascular diseases
    5 Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    6 Alzheimer’s disease
    7 Diabetes mellitus
    8 Influenza and pneumonia
    9 Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis
    10 Intentional self-harm (suicide)
    11 Septicemia
    12 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
    13 Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease
    14 Parkinson’s disease
    15 Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids
    ------
    Cause of death as a result of alcohol abuse is # 12.
    Doubt that many here will argue, yet your desire to educate us ignorant
    beer drinking, MTB riding fools has turned you into an unwelcome idiot.

    In case this ^^ is obtuse, here's an analogy.
    While considered bad form to fart in church, it's far less acceptable to stand up on the pew to point out who let rip.

    EMR & HIPPA allow sharing of medical records between physicians, hospitals,
    and ins. co's., and once admitting to having more than X beers per week,
    one is tagged as an "at risk" individual.
    THIS is a vaild reason for people to understate their consumption.

    #5 cause of death is accidents.
    Perhaps, your talent to inform would have a greater impact on the car & biker folks.
    .... In the meantime, please, quit kicking us in the teeth.
    Interesting but as far as health discussion goes the discussion in this thread was testosterone and peripherally cancer and other negative effects of too much alcohol consumption not general mortality or other disease. Try to focus.

  26. #126
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    That last part about you shutting up is the first sensible thing you have said.

    You should do that.
    And I would say the exact same to you.

  27. #127
    Hi.
    Reputation: jtmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    The day I need approval from some of the noisy defensive louts around here is the day I fly to the moon on unicorn back.
    The creature in your picture isn't a unicorn. There you go again, finding random sh*t on the internet and pretending to know what it means.

    Kidding, relax. You know what I'd really appreciate? I'd appreciate you creating some threads about the beers you like to drink, which seem to include Bell's. Maybe a picture or two, and a description? Since we don't get Bell's distro out here, it would be cool to see some action. Or anything else local to you.

    Maybe post about a time when you rode your bike and had a beer afterwards. Or worked on your bike and had a beer. Something of value to this forum other than warning everyone of the health risks of too much beer.

    Just a suggestion. Or, you could keep your word, and just "shut up."

  28. #128
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Just a suggestion. Or, you could keep your word, and just "shut up."
    If only you would do the same but how could you be a snooty, continually condescending, self-appointed beer "expert" and all around know-it-all then?

  29. #129
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Interesting but as far as health discussion goes the discussion in this thread was testosterone and peripherally cancer and other negative effects of too much alcohol consumption not general mortality or other disease. Try to focus.
    BTW, I can identify at least 9 items on that list are either strongly related to or correlated with alcohol use.
    Last edited by tl1; 12-12-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling

  30. #130
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    The creature in your picture isn't a unicorn. There you go again, finding random sh*t on the internet and pretending to know what it means.
    I guess you missed the fact that it was under continuing construction and design, like some of the denial mechanisms around here.

  31. #131
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Let me get this straight so there is no confusion.

    Drinking BEYOND SAFE levels is harmful?

    Are you sure?

    That is correct. I know it is slow to sink in for some here but give it a go eh? That way I don't need to repeat.

  32. #132
    Hi.
    Reputation: jtmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    I guess you missed the fact that it was under continuing construction and design, like some of the denial mechanisms around here.
    It's a pegasus, not a unicorn. Here's the difference:






  33. #133
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    It's a pegasus, not a unicorn. Here's the difference:






    Maybe your extensive formal education didn't prepare you for the idea that mythical creatures are evolving species under the influence of ongoing imaginary genetic design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer and your manhood-winged_unicorn.jpg  


  34. #134
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    I guess you missed the fact that it was under continuing construction and design, like some of the denial mechanisms around here.
    Under construction or not, it doesn't matter if a unicorn could have wings as the construction blueprints are still missing the one valuable thing that makes a unicorn a unicorn.

    Let's see if you are smart enough to figure what that is on your own.

    I highly doubt it and bet you will still come back with another lame argument.

  35. #135
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    That last part about you shutting up is the first sensible thing you have said.

    You should do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    And I would say the exact same to you.
    I am glad to see we both agree that you should shut up.

    So why are you not doing it?

    Now run along, the beer forum is for adults which you are obviously not.

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    If you have ever been involved in any kind of substance abuse recovery situation as a concerned friend, family member or employer I think you would recognize the kind of ridiculous and vitriolic character assassination attempts made around here and how valid they are.
    WTF - talk about a change of subject. Inject some completely unrelated topic into the conversation. Don't assume you know my situation - you don't know me.

    Your logic again is so flawed it is beyond pale.. I may have recovering people in my life.

    Stop whining. You brought this on yourself. There is no character assassination here. To have character assasinated, you must have character to assasinate.

    Really - what is it you expect? You say stuff like if you don't like what you read, don't click. Why is it that you can't take your own advice. I really am having fun now.
    Last edited by debaucherous; 12-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Interesting but as far as health discussion goes the discussion in this thread was testosterone and peripherally cancer and other negative effects of too much alcohol consumption not general mortality or other disease. Try to focus.
    This is rich... Pick a topic and stick with it.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Maybe your extensive formal education didn't prepare you for the idea that mythical creatures are evolving species under the influence of ongoing imaginary genetic design.
    Tl1 - If we all agree too much beer is bad and promise to stop posting and let you have the last word in this thread - will you promise to stop posting about any real or imagined health risk of beer in the beer forum?

    Cause you seem to really need to have the last word - you've convinced nobody to change a habit and alienated people so that they are less willing to listen to reason.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  39. #139
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    tl1,
    Focus on this; your input is unwanted, and my earlier analogy is directly applicable to a know-it-all like you.
    "While considered bad form to fart in church, it's far less acceptable to stand up on the pew to point out who let rip."

    Standing up to tell the congregation that you know for a fact that the fart really was a shart isn't either helpful or welcome.

    .... Again, please, quit kicking us in the teeth. [/QUOTE]

  40. #140
    Beer Me!
    Reputation: Guerdonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,083
    TL1 has achieved PRO-TROLL status.

    "Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

  41. #141
    Hi.
    Reputation: jtmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    TL1 has achieved PRO-TROLL status.
    Truth. Pro-trolls ride unicorns, son.


  42. #142
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    What do unicorns, tl1's beer facts and the two sh!ts I give about tl1's opinion all have in common?


    All 3 are mythical.

  43. #143
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    tl1,
    Focus on this; your input is unwanted, and my earlier analogy is directly applicable to a know-it-all like you.
    "While considered bad form to fart in church, it's far less acceptable to stand up on the pew to point out who let rip."

    Standing up to tell the congregation that you know for a fact that the fart really was a shart isn't either helpful or welcome.

    .... Again, please, quit kicking us in the teeth.
    [/QUOTE]

    I rate your posts 0.2. Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go though life son.

  44. #144
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Why has the Beer Forum turned into the anti-beer forum?
    It could be that the build up of estrogens is just making you more sensitive and well...inappropriately feminized for you to perceive things that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    It could be that the build up of estrogens is just making you more sensitive and well...inappropriately feminized for you to perceive things that way.
    The tl1 doth protest too much.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  46. #146
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    It could be that the build up of estrogens is just making you more sensitive and well...inappropriately feminized for you to perceive things that way.
    Wow, you lost so badly that you have to dig in the archives of this thread and at post #145 go all the way back week and quote post #3 and try insult him.
    I can only guess you are digging that far back in hopes that the poster will not notice and therefore will not reply and in your feeble little mind give you some sort of win.

    Actually I am mostly surprised that you have still kept arguing losing all chance to hang on to even a remote little shred of dignity.

  47. #147
    Cow Clicker
    Reputation: wmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,031
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4hrYHpU0LAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

  48. #148
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    What is the most important information I should know about tl 1?
    tl 1 can transfer from your body to others. This can happen if other people come into contact with the area where the tl1 was applied.
    Signs of puberty that are not expected (for example, pubic hair) have happened in young children who were accidentally exposed to testosterone through skin to skin contact with men using topical testosterone products like tl1.
    Women and children should avoid contact with the unwashed or unclothed area where tl 1 has been applied. If a woman or child makes contact with the application area, the contact area on the woman or child should be washed well with soap and water right away.
    To lower the risk of transfer of tl 1 from your body to others, you should follow these important instructions:
    Apply tl 1 only to your armpits.
    Wash your hands right away with soap and water after applying tl 1.
    After the solution has dried, cover the application area with clothing. Keep the area covered until you have washed the application area well or have showered.
    If you expect another person to have direct skin-to-skin contact with your armpits, first wash the application area well with soap and water.
    Stop using tl 1 and call your healthcare provider right away if you see any signs and symptoms in a child or a woman that may have occurred through accidental exposure to tl 1:
    Signs and symptoms in children may include:
    enlarged penis or clitoris early development of pubic hair increased erections or sex drive aggressive behavior
    Signs and symptoms in women may include: changes in body hair
    a large increase in acne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer and your manhood-testosterone-marketin_brow_t670.jpg  

    Last edited by Burnt-Orange; 12-14-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    I am slow therefore I am

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •