Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Beer must be served at 2*C

mtbr member
    ^ lagers i agree.. I kinda like warmer IPA's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    I kinda like warmer IPA's.
    +1

My rules...

1. Beers may be consumed at any hour of the day. No need to wait until a certain time. I had a Stone 16th Anniversary at 8am last Wednesday. I hadn't even finished my morning coffee.

2. When working in the garage I must have a beer within arms reach.

3. When grilling I must have a beer in hand.

4. I can drink your shitty beer, if I so choose, without asking. I will only share my good beer with you if you can appreciate it.

Start slow and taper off
    Feb 2004
    I keep my rules simple:

1) If you bring crap beer to my house, you get to drink the crap beer. Any crap beer that you didn't drink, bring home, I don't want it in my fridge

2) If I bring beer to your house and all you have is crap beer, don't drink all of my good beer. Leave me enough to enjoy. I will leave any extras for you to enjoy
    My Artwork

Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips.

official eMpTyBRain
    To the OP, luckily, it's a free country and you can have any set of rules you like.

For me it's simple:

Beer rules and I've got some in the 'fridge ready to be soaked on at any moment.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    $ 4.00 for a bomber, I wish. Here in MA, looking at 6-10$ , I usually go with 12 packs at about 12-14 $ per. Also good 4 packs, usually $ 10-12 per. 6 beers in a sitting? Not since college, 1-3 and then switch to whisky, oh wait, never mind.
    The downside to being a hophead, I have converted my wife to one. She won't touch the stouts or porters though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ok my "Beer Rules"
    These are my rules, you may not agree.

1. Never drink from metal, it must be glass.
    If I get it in a can or a keg, I have to pour it into a glass. Alway keep a drinking glass in the vehicle.
    2. If it is hoppy, I must pass.
    Hops are a perservative, not a flavor.
    3. Never drink beer made with fruit.
    When I eat fruit, I want the real thing, NOT IN MY BEER!
    4. Homebrew what I like, and make it the best.
    5. Just because it is free, does not make it good.
    If you offer me a beer that I don't like, do not be offended, when I refuse. I know what I like in beer and I do not compromise. Likewise if you do not like what I have, do not expect anything else, I will not be offended.
    6. See rule 1 and 2.

mtbr member
    Beer can only be consumed when:
    1. I had a fun bike ride.
    2. I had a bad or painful ride.
    3. I had a good day.
    4. I had a bad day.
    5. Anytime between 2pm - 2am but not 2am - 2pm.
    6. Obvious rule that shouldn't be stated but with a designated driver when not in the comfort of my own home.
    7. It's something I like.
    8. Friends with similar taste in beer suggests something or even pays for it, at this point consumption becomes mandatory as long as it doesn't conflict with other rules.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    East Coast IPAs are not gonna be that good.

Try something new BEFORE ordering an IPA.

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by textbookonewk View Post
    4. I can drink your shitty beer, if I so choose, without asking. I will only share my good beer with you if you can appreciate it.
    I second this motion!

mtbr member
    Great posts tonight! Must be Friday. A number of posters have commented on fruit in beer. I would add "no fruit" to my list, but I do make exceptions for citrus. No berries, no pears, no apricots, etc.
    Last edited by Slow Danger; 10-07-2012 at 02:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Do you think left coast ipa's are better? Bring it on! I'll start with Heady Topper. Vermont pub and brewery.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodninja View Post
    East Coast IPAs are not gonna be that good.

Try something new BEFORE ordering an IPA.
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    Do you think left coast ipa's are better? Bring it on! I'll start with Heady Topper. Vermont pub and brewery.
    Truth. Or anything from Hill Farmstead, or Double Sunshine from Lawson's. Vermont has been cranking out some damn good beer lately.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    My only rule:

You are not allowed to ***** about the type of free beer in your buddy's fridge...feel free to gripe about the temperature though.

Beer Please!
    Why do people feel the need to come into the beer forum to boost their post count with random nonsense..... spanking, really?
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Why do people feel the need to come into the beer forum to boost their post count with random nonsense..... spanking, really?
    He has a link in his sig for a reason - just another spammer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My only rule at home is don't drink any of the good beers unless I know that you do, in fact, like good beer.

It's usually female friends who only drinks bud light or vodka that will grab a $10+ bottle of beer out of the fridge, take one drink and then put it back when they realize they hate it.

I don't really enjoy fruity beers but I don't mind citrus.

If I'm having a few beers with friends, I'll drink "good" beer. If I'm going to be drinking beer after beer all night, then it's cheep beer that isn't heavy. (PBR, High Life, etc) I don't really like the popular bud light/coors light, etc

I didn't really like beer at all until moving to Colorado around 2004.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Oddly enough, I only have one serious rule that I plan to follow until the end of my days: I never get on two wheels after drinking beer. I've ridden bicycles exactly three times after beer. The first was in 1992 - had one beer at the top of Santa Theresa. I hit a rut and wound up with a broken helmet and badly bruised ribs. Second was in 1994 - one beer at the top of Kennedy. Made it down the trail, and while heading down Kennedy Road just as fast as my bike could go I hit a shady corner that was wet and low sided on my right side. I wore through my glove to my palm, and have a nasty scar on my knee to this day. Third time was in 2005 and was a result of nothing more than ZERO judgement.It involved a LOT of beer a beach cruiser and stitches in the emergency room.

So yeah, it's mainly superstitious, but I ain't going to drink and ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    ... The rules aren't hard and fast, but guide my decisions. Here are my latest rules:

1. I believe a person should be able to drink at least a six-pack of any great beer before he/she has had too much. Now, lightweights might be excluded here, but if the alcohol content is so high that I'm tapping out after 3 beers, then I'm not a big fan no matter how good the beer tastes.
    2. With so many great beers available, if the cost of a 22oz bottle is too far north of $4 then you're just wasting money. The six pack price point is somewhere around $8. A cost per ounce rule applies.
    3. Arguing over IPAs is not unlike arguing over politics and religion.
    4. The Europeans may have mastered beer, but we recreated it. Buy American.
    5. Bottled/canned beer has to establish the bench mark by which all beers are compared because only a limited few drinkers can get to said ale house, during said limited release, during said season, when said brewmaster got everything right. If you had some great beer, at some pub that only made one barrel, please don't disparage the $4 bottle of beer you're drinking out of my fridge. .
    I like the rule list.

Mine is very simple. Beer must be COLD and reasonably inline with my pallet at that moment. I'll drink about any beer, but surely everyone has had that moment where a beer just wasnt exactly what you were shooting for at that moment.

My social rule of course is "no beers left behind". Waste not want not.

Not a rule, but a preference: frosty glass. It's just nice. Surely there are some brews that are not served in a chilled glass, that is fine, but for the others, it's a nice touch.

Friends: Who likes drinking alone?

Cheers !
    Northern Virginia.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Beer Rules

Beer Rules, is a statement not a question.

Mine are very few but important.

1.Only drink the ones that come out of a can, bottle or off the tap.

2. Be sure to tip the bartender very well. He /she is your friend and probably needs the money more than you do. If you can't afford to tip well, drink at the house it is way cheaper.

3.For damn sure don't drive drunk. That is why you ride the bike to the pub. Still against the law, but much harder to get caught and you won't hurt anyone but yourself.

4. Bike repairs are much easier with a pint in hand, and complex things seem much clearer on the pint.

5. Mind the pint laddie, too much too often is not so good for you.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom H View Post
    1.Only drink the ones that come out of a can, bottle or off the tap.
    Do they come any other way?

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Do they come any other way?
    Sometimes they come out of a Growler........
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Sometimes they come out of a Growler........
    Which comes off the tap!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Drink what you like. If others are too closed to the flavor profiles out of the usual mass produced light lagers it is your obligation to kindly and respectfully try to open their lives to glory beyond the "light"

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The only rules I follow is I don't drink crap beer and I won't spend more than 9 bucks on a 6 pack. Too many excellent beers at 9 or less to bother spending that much.

Oh, and I try not to buy the same beer twice in a row. I like to mix it up a bit!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast