mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Beck's Sapphire?

...right about 66oz invested, myself; anyone care to comment?

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Haven't had it yet...and I'm unable to decipher whether you have or not, but if you have, care to elaborate?
    Saphir hops are a new breed that has been bred as an alternative to the Hallertauer Mittlefrüh variety, so I'd imagine the taste does not differ from a standard Pilsner much. Although Saphir will impart a bit more citrus in both aroma and taste.
    They have or at least had an all Liberty version in the works, dubbed "Black Jewel".
    Not sure if they stuck to the notion relayed in the original press/TTB release, but these were supposed to both be brewed according to German purity laws...an uncommon practice for AB-InBev these days
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Hi.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    Haven't had it yet...and I'm unable to decipher whether you have or not, but if you have, care to elaborate?
    Although Saphir will impart a bit more citrus in both aroma and taste.
    They have or at least had an all Liberty version in the works, dubbed "Black Jewel"... these were supposed to both be brewed according to German purity laws...an uncommon practice for AB-InBev these days
    ...sorry, "66oz 'imbibed' ".

Considering the label, I was expecting emphasis on the hops... at best, there was a weak aroma/taste of citrus/pine. In plain-speak, I'd describe it as "Amber Bock Ice". Does that make any sense?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Smooth, but bland. I would prefer more carbonation as well.