whatever she says gueuze.

Anyone going to Stone's Oakquinox this year?

The list looks amazing.

Stone Oakquinox

I'm trying to persuade the wifey into making another weekend trip down to SD next month but since it's on a Sunday, it'd be a little hard. How was the festival last year for those that have been there? We were down in Vista/San Marcos this past weekend for Churchill's Rennaissance and it was simply amazing. Unfortunately, their Finest Hour and PTYounger tapped out before we made it there. Anyhoo, just wanted to give a heads up and say that you guys/gals living in north county SD are the luckiest people alive.

Beer Please!
    wow, now that is a lineup....

I am not sure if I can go or not. with a trip planned to NYC in the next two weeks I am going to be buying and mule-ing some items home....

I would guess the biggest issue is how to get home...... It would be nice if Stone ran a shuttle down the road to the local train station....
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Funny because getting home is our biggest dilemma right now. 15 tickets sound good and also bad.

Beer Please!
    BTW, how was Churchills on Saturday? I saw some pics on instagram and the line looked pretty long. I wanted to get a bottle of Churchills Finest Hour, but I was not about to stand in a line like that for it. Plus I had plans in the morning and would not have been able to make it until 1pm or later and by then I am sure the line would of been worse and selection at the taps starting to dwindle....
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

We opted to avoid the crowd and stop by later around 8pm (after Phils BBQ . People were camping out over 24 hrs prior and a guy I met camped out at 1am and was able to purchase 3 bottles. When we got there the only beers that were out were PTY and all 3 Finest Hours on tap (bottles were still available to drink at the bar only). There was still plenty of beer so we drank what we could and came back on Sunday for more. Standouts for me include Bear Republic Churchill IPA, Fifty Fifty Rittenhouse Rye, Societe Butcher and Lost Abbey Cuvee 2012. I think we'll do the same next year because I can't do the whole circus of standing in line for hours.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    BTW, how was Churchills on Saturday? I saw some pics on instagram and the line looked pretty long. I wanted to get a bottle of Churchills Finest Hour, but I was not about to stand in a line like that for it. Plus I had plans in the morning and would not have been able to make it until 1pm or later and by then I am sure the line would of been worse and selection at the taps starting to dwindle....
    You had to be in line by 5:30 AM in order to get a bottle of CFH. There were over a hundred people in line by 5 AM. I thought it was a joke until I saw pictures.

Absolutely ridiculous. IMO not worth the hassle when you SD folks can get BA Alesmith stuff a lot easier.

Beer Please!
    okay, I do not feel bad for missing that event at all. There was no way I was getting in line at 5am just to get one bottle of beer.