mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Anybody try these Barley Wines?

Tried some Doggie Claws last weekend and liked it so I rode down to Belmont Station today and picked up these on a suggestion from the employee. They were expensive and I was planning on throwing them in the stash for a special occassion, but I'm anxious to try 'em too.

Beer Please!
    I just did a Tasting of Midnight Sun beers a few weeks ago, and that was not in the list of available beers. I love barely wines, let us know how they compare!
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Those are two highly sought after beers. Pretty much everything from both breweries is pretty awesome stuff.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Yes, and they are wonderful.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    Yes, and they are wonderful.
    Truth. mg6682, you are lucky to be so near Belmont Station.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    mg6682, you are lucky to be so near Belmont Station.
    Indeed, and you should probably trade lots of beer with me!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    I really like both of those, both are probably top 15 for me in the BW catagory.

The last Batch of Abacus was by far best fresh, it did not improve with age, and that is generally true of all the Firestone Walker barrel aged beers. They are ready to go right away.

I have only had the 08 Artic Devil last spring, and with 2 years it was great. You can age that one it will still be great, but i am sure its great right now anyway.

Enjoy. i wish i had access to artic devil like that.
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas View Post
    I really like both of those, both are probably top 15 for me in the BW catagory.

The last Batch of Abacus was by far best fresh, it did not improve with age, and that is generally true of all the Firestone Walker barrel aged beers. They are ready to go right away.

I have only had the 08 Artic Devil last spring, and with 2 years it was great. You can age that one it will still be great, but i am sure its great right now anyway.

Enjoy. i wish i had access to artic devil like that.
    Good info, thanks. Yes, I feel lucky to be in Portland as the city embraces its beer and bicycles.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    awesome! something to add to the list!