Afric Pepperbird

The Ale Apothecary

Any of you beer geeks tried their stuff yet?

The Ale Apothecary | Bend, Oregon

I bought my brother a bottle of Sahalie for Xmas; yet I've never tasted it myself! I should have bought two, one for myself. If they are still at The Bend Brew Shop this weekend, I will go back to fetch one.

Anyway, has anyone tasted this Wild Ale yet? Lots of great "barnyard funk"?

I can hardly wait!

Hi.
    I've had it...really good stuff. Glad to see someone else getting into sours in Bend.

Their stuff is really small batch and it goes quick. If you like it, get more. Good alternatives come from Cascade if AA is sold out.

mtbr member
    Somebody brought a couple of these to a tasting I was at a month or so ago but I had to leave before they were opened. Without a doubt the coolest packaging/bottling I've ever seen though.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    I've had it...really good stuff. Glad to see someone else getting into sours in Bend.

Their stuff is really small batch and it goes quick. If you like it, get more. Good alternatives come from Cascade if AA is sold out.
    As an alternative, I would also like to try Logsdon Farmhouse Ales. I've yet to try them, too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    As an alternative, I would also like to try Logsdon Farmhouse Ales. I've yet to try them, too.
    Logsdon is great. Should be widely available up there I would think.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Yeah Logsdon is good, but less sour and more Brett funk beers. Think organic and small batch brewed-in-a-barn stuff. The Seizoen Bretta and Peche n'Brett are really awesome, but their Cerasus doesn't really live up to the price tag - you're better off getting a Cascade bottle. Cascade is #1 in Oregon for American Sours, until Deschutes decides to start bottling more of theirs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Yeah Logsdon is good, but less sour and more Brett funk beers. Think organic and small batch brewed-in-a-barn stuff. The Seizoen Bretta and Peche n'Brett are really awesome, but their Cerasus doesn't really live up to the price tag - you're better off getting a Cascade bottle. Cascade is #1 in Oregon for American Sours, until Deschutes decides to start bottling more of theirs.
    Agreed. Logsdon's beers are more farmhouse than sour.