Beer Please! SuperModerator

AB-InBev buys out SAB Miller overseas

The Original Article is in Portuguese, but you can google translate it.

G1 - Acionistas da SABMiller aprovam compra pela AB InBev - notĂ*cias em NegĂłcios

AB-InBev is outta control...
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

mtbr member
    Like the article says, American sales are declining in favor of craft beers. Keep supporting the little brewers, boys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Banshee Bikes
    Slaphead Legion
    Wachusett Brewery

Training for the Darwin's
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyice View Post
    Like the article says, American sales are declining in favor of craft beers. Keep supporting the little brewers, boys.

Probably a misquote. They probably meant "Americans tired of drinking advertising hype." Unless of course, weekends were "made for Michelob." Frankly, the idea of traveling to a new city to try their craft beer has become a habit rather than a novelty.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

Jammin' Econo
    Oh no! Another crappy yellow-swill purveyor I wouldn't waste money on bought up by an even bigger conglomerate! Is nothing sacred?
    I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by forster View Post
    frankly, the idea of traveling to a new city to try their craft beer has become a habit rather than a novelty.
    amen
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    Oh no! Another crappy yellow-swill purveyor I wouldn't waste money on bought up by an even bigger conglomerate! Is nothing sacred?
    Signature

mtbr member

When does a craft beer stop being a "little brewer"?

I live down the street from Stone Brewery, which prides itself as one of the largest craft brewers in the country. They've just opened a 200,000 sq ft brewery on the east cost and one in Germany. It's a nice place to visit but $7-8 beers get expensive really quickly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

I do buy local almost all the time. A few issues, at least in MA. Bud owns distribution in many areas and has a hand in lots of others. The disrto in MA really shafts the small craft brewer with no obligation from the distro control to push the brand. With Bud buying up craft breweries you do you think they will push the product for?

Jammin' Econo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
    When does a craft beer stop being a "little brewer"?
    "Craft" doesn't have to be synonymous with "little." There are some good-sized, indpendently-owned craft brewers out there that I would still consider to be putting out an excellent product, regardless of their size/distribution.

Stone has definitely exploded lately into new realms, but as long as they don't get bought out by some crappy yellow-swill conglomerate, and they keep putting out excellent, creative and diverse products, I would still consider them a 'craft' brewery, and a top-notch one at that.

Which reminds me - I've got a Stone Porter sitting in the fridge that needs to get cracked...
    I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    "Craft" doesn't have to be synonymous with "little." There are some good-sized, indpendently-owned craft brewers out there that I would still consider to be putting out an excellent product, regardless of their size/distribution.

Stone has definitely exploded lately into new realms, but as long as they don't get bought out by some crappy yellow-swill conglomerate, and they keep putting out excellent, creative and diverse products, I would still consider them a 'craft' brewery, and a top-notch one at that.

Which reminds me - I've got a Stone Porter sitting in the fridge that needs to get cracked...
    That's a good perspective on it. I guess privately owned vs publicly owned could be a good indicator when it comes to beer quality and variety, as the privately owned tend to experiment more.