Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,579

    AB-InBev buys out SAB Miller overseas

    The Original Article is in Portuguese, but you can google translate it.

    G1 - Acionistas da SABMiller aprovam compra pela AB InBev - notĂ*cias em NegĂłcios

    AB-InBev is outta control...
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mattyice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    308
    Like the article says, American sales are declining in favor of craft beers. Keep supporting the little brewers, boys.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Banshee Bikes
    Slaphead Legion
    Wachusett Brewery

  3. #3
    Training for the Darwin's
    Reputation: Forster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyice View Post
    Like the article says, American sales are declining in favor of craft beers. Keep supporting the little brewers, boys.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Probably a misquote. They probably meant "Americans tired of drinking advertising hype." Unless of course, weekends were "made for Michelob." Frankly, the idea of traveling to a new city to try their craft beer has become a habit rather than a novelty.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

  4. #4
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,947
    Oh no! Another crappy yellow-swill purveyor I wouldn't waste money on bought up by an even bigger conglomerate! Is nothing sacred?
    I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert

  5. #5
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by forster View Post
    frankly, the idea of traveling to a new city to try their craft beer has become a habit rather than a novelty.
    amen
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A1an's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    Oh no! Another crappy yellow-swill purveyor I wouldn't waste money on bought up by an even bigger conglomerate! Is nothing sacred?
    Signature

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tillers_Rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyice View Post
    Like the article says, American sales are declining in favor of craft beers. Keep supporting the little brewers, boys.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    When does a craft beer stop being a "little brewer"?

    I live down the street from Stone Brewery, which prides itself as one of the largest craft brewers in the country. They've just opened a 200,000 sq ft brewery on the east cost and one in Germany. It's a nice place to visit but $7-8 beers get expensive really quickly.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyice View Post
    Like the article says, American sales are declining in favor of craft beers. Keep supporting the little brewers, boys.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I do buy local almost all the time. A few issues, at least in MA. Bud owns distribution in many areas and has a hand in lots of others. The disrto in MA really shafts the small craft brewer with no obligation from the distro control to push the brand. With Bud buying up craft breweries you do you think they will push the product for?

  9. #9
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
    When does a craft beer stop being a "little brewer"?
    "Craft" doesn't have to be synonymous with "little." There are some good-sized, indpendently-owned craft brewers out there that I would still consider to be putting out an excellent product, regardless of their size/distribution.

    Stone has definitely exploded lately into new realms, but as long as they don't get bought out by some crappy yellow-swill conglomerate, and they keep putting out excellent, creative and diverse products, I would still consider them a 'craft' brewery, and a top-notch one at that.

    Which reminds me - I've got a Stone Porter sitting in the fridge that needs to get cracked...
    I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tillers_Rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    "Craft" doesn't have to be synonymous with "little." There are some good-sized, indpendently-owned craft brewers out there that I would still consider to be putting out an excellent product, regardless of their size/distribution.

    Stone has definitely exploded lately into new realms, but as long as they don't get bought out by some crappy yellow-swill conglomerate, and they keep putting out excellent, creative and diverse products, I would still consider them a 'craft' brewery, and a top-notch one at that.

    Which reminds me - I've got a Stone Porter sitting in the fridge that needs to get cracked...
    That's a good perspective on it. I guess privately owned vs publicly owned could be a good indicator when it comes to beer quality and variety, as the privately owned tend to experiment more.

Similar Threads

  1. Time to stop supporting AB InBev
    By Klurejr in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 02:40 PM
  2. AB Inbev is going after SABMiller buyout
    By mrmattjohnson in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-13-2015, 07:28 PM
  3. InBev Is At It Again
    By norton55 in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 07:55 AM
  4. Weak Beer Lawsuit for AB/InBev
    By Howeler in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 10:52 AM
  5. AB-InBev takeover of SABMiller!?!?
    By JFryauff in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:18 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •