banned
    Apr 2009

The 1% Win (Again..)

247 was 'warned' by the Mods...

they even deleted my post..

Guess free-speech (and differing opinions) are NOT to be tolerated on MTBR.

It was me just expressing myself (which did not conform to the people who posts on this thread, the Regulars....)---looks like the 1% have controlled this form of media also (Welcome to China--all the free-thinkers here...)

and be careful, the 1% will get you banned~!!

--I am just hoping those 'fools' I was responding to got the post I sent (because it was extremely thoughtful and insightful...)----

--and I thought the Internet was the ONLY place you could NOT control media!!

Beer Please!
    Did you ever stop to think that perhaps you are the 1% with your inconsiderate posting and harassment and the rest of us on the forum are the 99%?

Try doing some research (this forum has a search function that works very well) and posting in a way that instills insightful conversation and I am sure the majority of people here would be happy to discuss beer with you.

Until you can understand that many of your posts on this board so far have not been balanced or insightful or able to bring about engaging conversation, those on the board who want to have open conversation about beer in a reasonable manner are not going to engage with you.

I took the time to read through a number of your posts on other boards here on MTBR and aside from a few in the Nutrition section it looks like you are not trying to be a troll, you just seem to type and post in a frenzy and don't think about how your words can incite annoyance or anger in others.

I encourage you to read through some of the other threads here in the Beer Forum and get a feel for what goes on here before starting up a new thread.

If you had Searched Magic-Hat you would of found this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/beer-forum/ma...gs-628404.html

Here is a link to Magic-Hat #9 on Beer Advocate:
    #9 - Magic Hat Brewing Company - South Burlington, VT - BeerAdvocate

Here is its page on Rate Beer:
    Magic Hat #9

Note it has a fairly low rating based on quality only.

Now that being said, you are welcome to your opinion, and if you feel it is the best beer you have ever drank, and you decide to buy it in bulk and only drink it, you will not offend anyone here. We all have different pallets and most people here will respect that.

The reason you got so much resistance is the WAY in which you went expressing your opinions.

Creating a thread with a title "BEST EVER!!!!" is not going to win you any fans either.

I truly hope you stick around, try some new beers, exchange some good dialog and have a good time.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    247 was 'warned' by the Mods...

they even deleted my post..

Guess free-speech (and differing opinions) are NOT to be tolerated on MTBR.

It was me just expressing myself (which did not conform to the people who posts on this thread, the Regulars....)---looks like the 1% have controlled this form of media also (Welcome to China--all the free-thinkers here...)

and be careful, the 1% will get you banned~!!

--I am just hoping those 'fools' I was responding to got the post I sent (because it was extremely thoughtful and insightful...)----

--and I thought the Internet was the ONLY place you could NOT control media!!

Aren't you just a Tl1 sock puppet? You sure have an amazingly similar posting style.

banned
    Apr 2009
    Klure, Yeah I see your point.

I am mainly 'shock value', but with my career choice it is just my personality (which serves me well in life..) not soo much when I go 'all out' on posts...

I did send a thoughtful reply (hoping you got that one)--but the MOD banned my posts (why that on if any??)

--yeah, I was a little 'buck wild' at times (mainly to entertain...)

I will endeavor to 'tone it down' in the future..... 247..

banned
    Apr 2009
    there is another great mind on here??? (I could not resist that one..)

but I ain't that person... I can guarantee you that...

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    Aren't you just a Tl1 sock puppet? You sure have an amazingly similar posting style.
    No, Tl1 was on a "Cancer is caused by beer" kick and 247 is clearly not on that kick. Plus 247 has many posts going back over time to when Tl1 was posting his drivel so I don't think they are the same person.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey 247, I missed your deleted thread. The magic hat and liquor threads are still here. I've had a good laugh at your posts, but that's because I figured you were just trying to have some fun. If you want to be taken seriously, then klurejr has some good advice. BTW, equating the beer forum on a mountain biking website to the 1% is a good way to give me a laugh, but not a good way to be taken seriously.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

banned
    Apr 2009
    true, true...

I also had a different appellation before 247 (for about a year...) this was easier to remember...