Thread: wildcard fork.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

wildcard fork.

So, I'm somewhat contemplating replacing my Marz 66 RC on my Wildcard with something a little stiffer (this fork is uber plush, and is great for plowing, but it sucks for jumping). Anyone have some good advice for a new or other fork? Would a totem be too much? What about the rc3's since they are getting blown out right now?
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Had a totem it was good. Have a 36 talas 140 to 180 much. I have mine set up stuff. Jumps great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Will a dedicated 180mm fork be too much? Is 160mm really the sweet spot? And is the evo vs rc3 really worth it (about $40 difference, and one lbs)

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I've been super impressed with the 66rc3 evo I put on my Rune. The compression stroke is very adjustable... I weigh 175lbs and don't need any air preload. Between the spring preload and compression adjuster, lots of tuning options. The quality appears to be top-notch so far...but I've only had 5-6 rides in on it. The hucknroll deals are ridiculous. Id say go for it. The Evo rc3 is worth it, but I woudn't pay extra for the ti.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Is the climbing terrible with the 66? Looks like the new ones are actually shorter axle to crown than my current 66 RC.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by schlockinz View Post
    Is the climbing terrible with the 66? Looks like the new ones are actually shorter axle to crown than my current 66 RC.
    I think you're right on the a2c. and the shorter a2c will help with climbing. I've done a good bit of climbing on the Rune so far... there's no getting around the extra weight, but otherwise it climbs much better than I expected. Last ride we did quite a bit of XC singletrack climbing, and adding a few clicks of compression damping to both ends made the Rune feel pretty efficient.

mtbr member
    Been on the Vengeance HLR for a while now... Not as light as a Lyrik, or fox equivalent, but for the smoothness, the adjustments and the price, it's well worth it.