mtbr member
    Apr 2012

What in the world?

I recieved these from Trident after following Banshee's instructions for attaining a set of bushing for my v1.5 Rune. They were sent without charge, though I expected to pay. My purpose was simply to have another set of bushing on hand in case the set I just replaced goes off in two months like the original bushings. I'm looking to see how long they last after being installed following FM's instructions carefully so when I order from Igus I have an idea of how many sets to get in order to see me through another year with the frame. Although I asked for a set of bushing, Trident sent axles and left out the upper set of bushing altogether. Or am I wrong?

So are these the latest and greatest (as they look markedly different from the bushing and axles that came with the frame, the bushings here are brown and the axles are void of grooves), or have I been sent an old set that had been laying about?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What in the world?-bushings.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Those are the latest and greatest keronite axles... looks like you have landed on your feet there.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Good news.

So the smooth axle has proven better than the grooved? I give them a try next time I need to swap the bushings.

Thank you

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The grooves were there to help grease propogate through the system easier, however it will still propogate without the groves just fine.

The reason we got rid of the groves was 2 fold, the supplier had issues with machining which resulted in a sharp edge which was not beneficial, nd also the keronite surface can be smoother and more consistance when the surface is larger.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog