mtbr member
    Apr 2010

V2 Rune time estimates?

I want to know when we can start expecting to see V2 Runes?! I dont wanna go with a different brand bike but if it takes too long.......well I guess we will see. Has any work even begun on the redesign? So many questions so few answers. Come on Banshee HOLLA at me!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I know a V2 Rune (proto?) has been floating around North Vancouver. Size large frame. Word I heard is maybe November availability. It's got the KS link rear end like the Prime.

Maybe I'll pester John to get my hands on it for a ride and post more details.

mtbr member
    This interests me!

powered by bacon
    I asked John when I got my warranty frame, and never got an answer. It must be super duper extra top secret!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yes Very much like too know any time estimates, my poor Rune 1 has eaten its self to death.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    ^I am afraid this is happening to mine as well

mtbr member
    27.5 V2 Rune with KS link.....

mtbr member
    I already got my Rune v2 and it's called a Wildcard! Reliable and proven faux bar design and man is this thing playful!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    I already got my Rune v2 and it's called a Wildcard! Reliable and proven faux bar design and man is this thing playful!
    one of my biggest regrets was selling my wildcard after i got my rune and spitfire. that bike was bulletproof and a lot of fun. hindsight is 20/20. they are a fun bike and very tough with a nice lowstandover and the 1.5 headtube lets

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    do we get warranty replacement for v2 or buy v2 at cost given that v1 eats the bushing and axle for breakfast dinner and lunch??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    do we get warranty replacement for v2 or buy v2 at cost given that v1 eats the bushing and axle for breakfast dinner and lunch??
    i asked that question a bunch of times and no answer. hopefully for people that is the case. but no official word and lots of chances to say so long before people with issues moved on

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorFirma View Post
    Hey guys,
    There is 3 fronts we are working on.
    1] is to get the axle kits out to people. - short term
    These consist of a much harder surface wearing substance - Keronite and a UHMW plastic which will work better then steel because steel will rust. Stainless will work but is much harder to find a .5mm shim size.

2] is to warranty the frame and have it sent back to the distributor - mid term
    This will require putting in a claim and is for guys that have noticable wear. We will remove the affect frame parts and replace the new axles, washers and in some cases may need to replace the actual frame parts themselves.

3] We will be offering some sort of upgrade for all Rune and Spitfire owners when we have new models and we will be selling these through our dealer network with the plan that Banshee makes no profit on them; we're kicking around numbers under a $1000 since the dealer and distributors still expect something.
    Hopefully with fixing the current bikes you guys are riding, AND allowing them to become resalable, while offering a deeply discounted new model with the latest in geo and bike goodness it will help mitigate things.

The first 2 will greatly increase the amount of time between pivot maintenance and get the bikes back to an acceptable level. However we need to appreciate that even if we get our bikes dialed with the new bushing system we need to offer something up for the hassle some riders have experienced.

I have another 100 sets of axle kits coming through shortly.
    If you have excessive wear then contact your dealer or Trident to put in a claim.
    If you want to take us up on the upgrade when we have new models then please keep your sales receipt on your original frame... registering the frame is not enough as we'll need something showing you are the owner... if you don't have your receipt then contact your dealer as some may still have this information on file.

You also have our direct emails ...keith@bansheebikes.com, jay@bansheebikes.com, and jon@bansheebikes.com as some riders may have special requirements, questions, or just want to sound off.

Fortunately not everyone is having issues, however it may look like it because mtbr.com is a lightning rod. Regardless its our duty to keep you guys happy and not feel like you got screwed over, and we have had a couple hiccups trying to get an acceptable solution online... it took us sometime to figure it out... i'll be honest we still don't know why some guys show wear, some don't, some are in locations that others are not, but i'm confident that the design revisions will solve the problems.

Jay @ banshee

Hopefully this isn't BS. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by darkslide18; 07-22-2012 at 02:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The main pivot on my '11 Spitfire has started wearing badly, though not quite bad enough yet to stop riding it or bother with getting a new axle kit. If they offer a reasonable upgrade discount for a new frame (with the 650b dropouts), I will definitely be getting one. I have no regrets, so far, and the idea they might upgrade the frame for "no profit" is more than I would have expected. If the Spitfire axle gets too bad to ride before the upgrade is available, I still have my Wildcard to play with!

My main concern now is what hubs to use for the 650b wheels, what axle and spacing for the rear wheel.

dft
    mtbr member
    if i have wear on my axels on my rune, can i get the upgrade axels for free or does it cost?

mtbr member
    I am thinking of replacing my 2011 Wildcard with the new RUNE v2, once the geometry data is out.

I love the Wildcard, it gives me great confidence due to its bomb-proof frame and it is a pleasure to ride on fast and flowing single trails, rough descends and even on tours up to 30 miles. The only drawback is the very short seat tube, so it gives me not the optimal position for longer tours, like a DO-IT-ALL-BIKE should. I already have the long (450mm) version of the Gravity Dropper, but it could be even longer, because I want to insert it at least 130mm (a good bit below the joint with the down tube) to not break the frame at the seat tube.

Additionally I guess the frame is a bit too much for my daily trail-riding and I can not afford two bikes for 4-5x visits at the local bike-park.

For a short time I thought about switching to a specialized enduro, but my wildcard is great and I believe the RUNE v2 with its new suspension design will also be great.