mtbr member
    Jun 2008

V2 riders, how much sag do you run?

I have a V2 spitfire with the DB air on the back. I love the ride, but I'm still struggling to get the shock set up right. running the 13mm sag that the cane creek base tune recommends makes the shock feel harsh and rear traction suffers. I'm also not getting full travel out of the back end. I dropped the pressure to get 15mm of sag, so hopefully that will fix most of my problems. If I go by the banshee site, which recommends 28% sag, I should set it to almost 16mm. So how much sag is everyone using? What DB air settings is everyone else running?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    How heavy are you? Are you using a regular or XV air can?
    The damping base tunes are just a rough recommended starting point for you dial in to your liking from. Every rider is different and has different preferances, so you definitely definitely follow caen creek tuning guide to dial the damping in to your liking.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm 160 lbs with gear on. I recently put on the XV can, but it hasn't made much difference with the amount of travel I can get out of the shock. I put the damper settings back to the base tune when I put on the XV can so that I could start from scratch. It seems like most people leave the HSC and HSR alone, and just tweak the low speed dials to fine tune the ride. I had backed way off the HSC to try to get full travel, without much result.
    It really seems like I'm just running too much air in the shock, even though it is set to what cane creek recommends. Hopefully a little more sag will do the trick.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    If you switch back to the regular volume can it will make the bike more progressive, so feel softer at start of stroke, and ramping up more before bottom out. Since you are quite a light rider you will likely require less damping all round. I'd follow cane creeks recommended shock setup steps and I'm sure if you take your time to dial it in you will end up happy.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog