Thread: v1.5 pivots

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

v1.5 pivots

I've had my v1.5 for a few months now and the rear end has about 1/4"/6mm of loose when you pick the bike up. Got a little Finish Line grease squirt-er and some grease. I can't find the instructions that came with the bike. How do I put grease into the pivots/bushings?

I suppose that play is not supposed to be there and I've cooked my bushing? How are other folks finding the v1.5 pivots holding up?

Just saw the vid of the V2. Be nice if I could trade up.

Thanks

mtbr member
    6mm of play, you sure about that? The worst mine has ever been on my V1 Spitfire is maybe 1-2mm. Something is definitely worn out if that is the case, and greasing will likely not help. I don't think the v1.5 is really any better than the V1. I installed the pivot fix kit on my bike which is basically the same as the V1.5 and it is starting to show play again.

Anyway, to grease the pivots, you just pop out the black cap on the non drive side end of the pivot axle with a small flat screwdriver, then remove the small set screw inside with what I think is a 2mm hex key. Then just stick the tip of the grease gun in the hole, hold it tight and pump in grease.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks.
    Yeah, about 1/8 - 1/4 inch of play. Interesting that the 1.5 pivot fix isn't a fix at all. I have a replacement set so I'll replace when they get a little worse and try putting in grease every week.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I had the same problem - brand new 2012 frame and developed play within the first 8 or so rides. Pulled each axle/bushing and there was a dry/pasty grease and grooves worn into each bushing. I replaced all the bushings and re-greased with white lithium grease. I also used blue-loctite when tightening each pivot (just barely finger-tight). They haven't given me a problem since but I plan to re-grease soon.