Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MTB B'dos

Un-Believable RIP-OFF of the Legend MKII

So, browsing about I saw a post by a friend linking to this, when I clicked on the link and saw the page I really couldn't believe my eyes. I especially liked this tidbit on the page "The basic design concepts have come from a combination of World Class Dowwnhill rigs, the Canfield Bros., The Transition, The Yeti and the Banshee have all been looked at due tho thier great charachteristics and ride handling." Since when does INSPIRED and RIP-OFF mean the same thing?

Saw that these "inspired" artist had a Face Book page so went there looking and found this page of photos. Un frikin believeable how some people lack any ethics what so ever That is a total copy of the Legend MKII in my not so edumacated eyes, what do you Banshee riders think?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Who has a totally original design anymore? There are some that would say Banshee ripped off DW Link and others that would claim DW ripped off Karpiel. It could go on and on.

In the grand scheme of things there are a lot of great bikes out there. What sets some apart are customer service, quality control and contact with owners of the company. Along with geometry as well. On that front Banshee is doing quite well. Just copying any design is no guarantee of success.

You really need to find a better use of your time than getting riled up over the internet and constantly waving the Banshee flag.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac999
    You really need to find a better use of your time than getting riled up over the internet and constantly waving the Banshee flag.
    You do realise you're posting in response to a thread in the Banshee forum? Where else we going to come to, to wave our flags?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas
    You do realise you're posting in response to a thread in the Banshee forum? Where else we going to come to, to wave our flags?

He doesn't do it only here.

I'm not a Lynx fan at all.

MTB B'dos
    Oh wow, I'm totally crushed, now you've gone and ruined my entire weekend So sad that I like a company and like spreading the good word about them, after dealing with a company similar to RF in their thinking, I just am so stoked to have an honest, upfront company to support, I don't give a rats arse what you think or don't like As to nothing's original these days There's looks like and then can hardly distinguise the difference and that's what this is, except you can't see where it matters that it's different.

He doesn't do it only here.

I'm not a Lynx fan at all.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I can see that you are total pompous d!ckhead. Why don't you use a few more emoticons tool.

I can't wait till you get your Prime. I'm sure your feedback will be incredible if they evr want it to be a long travel XC FS bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Oh wow, I'm totally crushed, now you've gone and ruined my entire weekend So sad that I like a company and like spreading the good word about them, after dealing with a company similar to RF in their thinking, I just am so stoked to have an honest, upfront company to support, I don't give a rats arse what you think or don't like As to nothing's original these days There's looks like and then can hardly distinguise the difference and that's what this is, except you can't see where it matters that it's different.

Have you ridden either a Legend or this new bike? If not, STFU as you are just talking out of your arse. Copy or not, you don't know how that bike rides or anything about their company. You are just slagging them for the sake of slagging them.

MTB B'dos
    Touchy, touchy, have anything to do with those un-ethical bastards? Maybe you are actually a part of that company, Tsk, Tsk
    Have you ridden either a Legend or this new bike? If not, STFU as you are just talking out of your arse. Copy or not, you don't know how that bike rides or anything about their company. You are just slagging them for the sake of slagging them.
    Awe, couldear, you really hurt my feelings with all that nasty language, why don't you go get na edumacation and come back when you don't talk so potty mouthed.

To the RPime, me neither, can't wait to get it and ride the crap out of it Unlike most of the neanderthals like you who want to throw it off a cliff and if it breaks cry, I realise it's just a 5" travel bike that's designed for agressive XC and AM, not Rampage style riding. Sorry if you didn't make the list of pre-prodduction testers, but no need to whine and cry at every opportunity, don't you have better thigns to do than waste time on the WWW on company time stalking me?
    kmac999 I can see that you are total pompous d!ckhead. Why don't you use a few more emoticons tool.

I can't wait till you get your Prime. I'm sure your feedback will be incredible if they evr want it to be a long travel XC FS bike
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Chill people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and free speech. There is zero point to getting agro on forums! Debate yes... agression and such like... no!
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Touchy, touchy, have anything to do with those un-ethical bastards? Maybe you are actually a part of that company, Tsk, Tsk

Awe, couldear, you really hurt my feelings with all that nasty language, why don't you go get na edumacation and come back when you don't talk so potty mouthed.

To the RPime, me neither, can't wait to get it and ride the crap out of it Unlike most of the neanderthals like you who want to throw it off a cliff and if it breaks cry, I realise it's just a 5" travel bike that's designed for agressive XC and AM, not Rampage style riding. Sorry if you didn't make the list of pre-prodduction testers, but no need to whine and cry at every opportunity, don't you have better thigns to do than waste time on the WWW on company time stalking me?

I've seen your Facebook videos. LOL. You will hardly be pushing the Prime beyond it's designed capabilities. I seriously doubt you will even reach anywhere close to its limits.

But I'm sure your reviews will be sweet. Funny about the language comments. Try expressing yourself with words, not silly little pictures.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    catfight

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride
    Chill people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and free speech. There is zero point to getting agro on forums! Debate yes... agression and such like... no!
    Agreed. Not to derail, but let's instead discuss the merits of a bike like the MKII on the trails in Barbados? I'm not flaming, I seriously want to hear about MTB in Barbados....I picture palm trees, beach cruisers, cocktails, and bikinis.

MTB B'dos
    Yeah, cause I just film everything I ride As to pushing the Prime to it's limits, NO, I will not and prob never will. As I tried to explaine to your neanderthal self, I don't have to to do that to provide feedback Banshee wants, they want feedback from everywhere, all extreemes and dispite what you might think, this bike is designed to be riden from rough XC to all out AM riding so they need feedback from all those extreemes and I happen to be the freakishly tall, love to climb, ride XC, yet like slow tech rock crawling type riding. OH and I can articulate my thoughts and translate what I feel on the bike to feedback that they can understand

As to the smilies, well much to your charinged, this is a message board, it uses emoticons, it's part of what being amessage board using VBB is and they tend to get across feelings instead of having to type out something "You're so focking anoying I feel ike banging my head against a wall!"

I've seen your Facebook videos. LOL. You will hardly be pushing the Prime beyond it's designed capabilities. I seriously doubt you will even reach anywhere close to its limits.

But I'm sure your reviews will be sweet. Funny about the language comments. Try expressing yourself with words, not silly little pictures.
    Absolutely NO NEED for an MKII in Barbados, NONE what so ever, there are no DHs type trails here like in Europe and N.America. Hell you could ride every trail here on a rigid 29er, as could alot of trails all over the world be riden rigid But why do that, what's the fun in having to pick the smoothest line or suffer for it by being bucked all over the place?

I pick up my rigid 29er every so often and really enjoy riding it (rode it for a 10 day stretch only a couple weeks ago, while loaning out the Paradox to a guest and had a blast) not having to worry about a fork compressing on a steep roller, etc. is very nice, but then again there's the flip side of having to spend most all your time off the saddle, trying to pick the smoothest lines or take the beating for not doing so. Something like the Prime is an ideal bike for our island (as far as I'm envisioning it). It will pedal well and therfor do the XC side of things like a Rolls Royce - smooth and pleasant, with some pep when you want it. but it will also handle those few really nice trails we have with applomb.

As to the beaches, palm trees and white sandy beaches - hell yeah we have them, some of the best in the world. Most visitors who come and ride here are really enamored by the fact that you can ride right along the coast next to beautiful white sandy beaches, with crystal clear water and be safe doing it. Yes I would lvoe to live elsewhere where there was further to go than 14 x 21 miles, but if I have to be stuck somewhere, here's not a bad place at all. OH and we make some of the worlds finest rum, best "friend maker" I've ever found

Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    Agreed. Not to derail, but let's instead discuss the merits of a bike like the MKII on the trails in Barbados? I'm not flaming, I seriously want to hear about MTB in Barbados....I picture palm trees, beach cruisers, cocktails, and bikinis.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah, cause I just film everything I ride As to pushing the Prime to it's limits, NO, I will not and prob never will. As I tried to explaine to your neanderthal self, I don't have to to do that to provide feedback Banshee wants, they want feedback from everywhere, all extreemes and dispite what you might think, this bike is designed to be riden from rough XC to all out AM riding so they need feedback from all those extreemes and I happen to be the freakishly tall, love to climb, ride XC, yet like slow tech rock crawling type riding. OH and I can articulate my thoughts and translate what I feel on the bike to feedback that they can understand

As to the smilies, well much to your charinged, this is a message board, it uses emoticons, it's part of what being amessage board using VBB is and they tend to get across feelings instead of having to type out something "You're so focking anoying I feel ike banging my head against a wall!"

Absolutely NO NEED for an MKII in Barbados, NONE what so ever, there are no DHs type trails here like in Europe and N.America. Hell you could ride every trail here on a rigid 29er, as could alot of trails all over the world be riden rigid But why do that, what's the fun in having to pick the smoothest line or suffer for it by being bucked all over the place?

I pick up my rigid 29er every so often and really enjoy riding it (rode it for a 10 day stretch only a couple weeks ago, while loaning out the Paradox to a guest and had a blast) not having to worry about a fork compressing on a steep roller, etc. is very nice, but then again there's the flip side of having to spend most all your time off the saddle, trying to pick the smoothest lines or take the beating for not doing so. Something like the Prime is an ideal bike for our island (as far as I'm envisioning it). It will pedal well and therfor do the XC side of things like a Rolls Royce - smooth and pleasant, with some pep when you want it. but it will also handle those few really nice trails we have with applomb.

As to the beaches, palm trees and white sandy beaches - hell yeah we have them, some of the best in the world. Most visitors who come and ride here are really enamored by the fact that you can ride right along the coast next to beautiful white sandy beaches, with crystal clear water and be safe doing it. Yes I would lvoe to live elsewhere where there was further to go than 14 x 21 miles, but if I have to be stuck somewhere, here's not a bad place at all. OH and we make some of the worlds finest rum, best "friend maker" I've ever found

If you are going to brag about your communication skills, please work on your spelling

Cracker
    Awesome
    It might get a little steep from here

mtbr member
    Wow. The passion for hatred here is simply astonishing. Is mountain biking even fun for you guys?

While there are many similar looking designs floating around out there, like the Legend and the Jedi, the Supercross might look a bit too similar to the Legend for one to be able to say that they didn't flat out try clone it. The Jedi and the Legend may look similar in some aspects but the suspension feel is quite different. This may be the case with the Supercross as well but there's no denying that it looks like it was designed by tracing a print of the Legend.

IMO it looks like a garage built copy of the Legend. If Banshee feels the need to approach Supercross for some sort of infringement I feel it would be justified.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Mods, please close this thread down....

Infidel
    Mods, please close this thread down....
    Why? I personally find it comical. If you don't like this thread leave and don't come back. What's with all the censorship? I've seen numerous threads closed here on MTBR and really don't understand why. Is it a legal thing? Is MTBR somehow culpable should one of the participants go on some kind of rampage? I'm serious. Would someone please explain?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I think it's because people come to the forums to find legitimate information, ask questions, get advice etc. I don't think that, generally, people come to read insulting and demeaning posts (either directed at them, or to others).

There are other forums, where people can voice their strong opinions, and then be debated on their opinions, let alone ones where they don't get attacked for them, and are, instead, challenged constructively (which seems extremely rare here).

I don't think it's as much a legal thing as it is just maintaining order and respect on the forums (as far as "censorship" and moderation goes), and creating and fostering a constructive environment for people to seek advice on, and talk about bikes, things which this particular thread (and many others, which do get locked) seems to have lost, regardless of how "trolling" the original poster was, and how frustrated another was with them.

Take it the PMs if you have a problem with someone is all I (and I'm sure many others) ask....

I came to this thread to read what it was originally about, and found it interesting. Within a few posts, it became disrespectful and out of order.

That's all I was saying. If I wanted to read posts of people disrespecting each other, insulting each other, offering no constructive comments, then I'd go to the "off-topic" or "political" forums... but I don't, so I stay on the bike forums.

Infidel
    I still don't understand why you feel the need to have a discussion shut down that in no way involves you. Will the 1% or so of discussions that become belligerent really somehow corrupt these forums. It might sour a particular thread but, come on, I think you underestimate our passion for bikes. Perhaps if you felt you were being attacked and therefore were uncomfortable I could understand. If you don't like a discussion leave and don't participate. It's that simple. The overwhelming majority of discussions will be solely bike related. Hell, I'd be riding mine right now if it wasn't raining.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well if you feel so strongly about it......

And i'd be out riding too if it wasnt for this work thing. 9 hours on the bike over the last 2 days

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

discussions

What you have here is another company feeling the economic pressures and are not trying to have all of their eggs in one basket . Supercross has been a really decent BMX company for years and I do not see a problem with what they are doing. Realize that there is no patent on most of these designs except for Specialized and DW so you will see more and more similarities in frame designs as time goes on. If you want to design a DH frame you going to have a similar design to someone. I think its how you market the design is where companies go wrong. Good looking frame just like the Legend. Personally I think its cool they give props to all of the companies that have similar designs that they looked at. They chose the Banshee out of all of those..kinda cool. Shows Banshee has a badass frame, now the kicker will be pricing...will they lowball to compete or have similar pricing? Maybe Jay and Keith can chime in a bit.

The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

mtbr member
    That looks like the cookie monster vomitted all over a less sexy legend... Where the shock mounts to the down tube, it looks kinda falic.

mtbr member
    Thats kinda fugly and looks really heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

bog
    mtbr member
    Design and manufacturing look very cheap if you look beyond the basic design so there's no reason Banshee to be worried. Keith puts sooo much time into making the bits and pieces look right then makes sure that the whole package looks right. The Supercross looks like a lanky awkward school boy that constantly trips over his own feet.
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast