mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Spring rate Banshee Legend MK 2

Hi Guys,

Need your help.

Building a Legend MK 2, size S. Using a CCDB coil for rear shock.

I weight (with gear) around 75kg / 165lbs.

What steel and titanium spring rate should I use?

Based on Cane Creek's calculator = 300
    Banshee site = 225.

Any spring rate difference between steel and titanium? Read somewhere if spring Ti should go lower compared to steel.

Help!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Steel and Titanium ratings are exactly the same. although Ti springs do tend to be controlled more accurately during fabrication so are closer to claimed spring rate.

I'm afraid that information on the new banshee website is wrong, not sure where that came from, sorry about that I'll have Jay change it to be correct. Thanks for making me aware of it.

This is the correct info the the legend MkII with Cane Creek Double Barrel coil which comes directly from Cane creek as recomended base settings.

These are only rough suggestions, as it will vary depending on the rider style and track conditions. I would always recommend buying a couple of steel springs first to test them out and make sure you get the right weight as they are much cheaper, then once you are sure you know what you want you can invest in a Ti spring if you want to save weight. For you I'd suggest trying both 300 and 350lbs springs.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Dude,

I want to thank you for building great bikes.

Got me a Spitfire and overbuilt it to the max. HA!
    Recently I changed the front and rear suspension to a Fox 36 160mm and CCDB Air. Made a huge difference.

F***ing awesome bike.

Again, thanks.