mtbr member
    Jun 2008

So I switched to a 34T on my Spitfire ...

... and what a difference.

I was running a 32T previously and the suspension felt plush but there was some unwanted pedal feedback. At first I thought I didn't set up the RP23 correctly, but now that I'm running the 34T the bike's got a LOT more zip. Zero pedal feedback - hard crankin' just drives the rear wheel into the ground. Climbing and accelerating is ridiculous now. I think I finally get what this bike is all about.

Just goes to show you gotta always be tweakin'.

Come to think of it, I probably should have just e-mailed Keith or Jon at Banshee, and saved myself the trouble of coming up with this genius idea myself.

Win

mtbr member
    That's interesting as I always ran a 34 on mine and thought it pedaled super well...never understood why people said otherwise.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yeah. For me, the difference was night and day.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The frame was designed to run a single 34t ring, which was kind of futuristic at the time that the frame was launched. 3 or 4 years later I have to say that Banshee really nailed the geometry of this bike. Maybe 140 mm of travel would have been nice... We'll see how it goes with the 2013 model.

mtbr member
    Yes! But that takes away a the low 32t gear.... Not the best option.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I run a 32 an my spitfire is on the money! I don't feel an excessive pedal feedback on mine...

mtbr member
    Exactly my thought also... I mean there is some feedback, but not noticeable to the point of switching to a 34... I ran a 36 for the Trestle enduro and it was all good also.