Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rune V2- what is your wishlist?

78K views 451 replies 94 participants last post by  Dirk77 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm hoping that we will have a the Rune V2 ready sooner than initially planned as a reaction to this thread, as we want our customers to be happy.
Now that Banshee has acknowledged they're working on a the next generation of Runes, what would be your wishlist of new features for the V2?

Here's mine:

- High quality sealed bearings like the Prime
- Increased strength (gusseting) around the bottom bracket
- Slightly longer top tube
- Replaceable rear dropouts (w/ ability to run multiple rear hub setups)
- Adjustable geometry like the spitfire
- 10-15mm more of rear travel
- Beefed up frame- I honestly don't mind a slightly heavier frame if it means the Rune can be ridden that much harder
- Carbon offering

#286 ·
Hello Keith,

I'm sending this email to express my disappointment regarding delivery time frame Rune I ordered.

The command has been validated on 25 August at my dealer Banshee for delivery scheduled for early October. To date no frame has been shipped since the CCDB and Fox suspensions are not available. I thought my frame receive no later than October 20, but I feel that I can not have it until early or mid November. I am very disappointed.

I probably will not order a Rune end of August if the delivery time frame. I hope that deliveries can be made quickly.

Sincerely,

Thierry.
your post demonstrates the issue perfectly that companies have to look at. banshee gives an optimistic delivery time because people just like yourself would move on and buy something else if they gave a worst case time line. so the question for them becomes, do we be less than optimistic and lose sales or give an optimistic delivery date and hope for the best. i know which i'd choose if i was running a small company trying to make ends meet.

#285 ·
i agree. check out the knolly forum. people waited over a year for their chilcotins after paying full pop upfront. it is pretty much normal for bike companies to fail to deliver on time. seems to happen across the board. not that that makes it ok, just normal. still sucks, but enough people had unridable runes and spitfires from bushing issues that the wait you are talking about seems very minor.

#288 ·
@ T.PEDRO

Mate, no offense at all, but patience should be a virtue when buying from a small Brand. 5 years ago I have had to wait 3 Months to receive my Wildcard. 12 years age I have had to wait 6 months to get my Hands of one of the very first SC Bullits in Germany. It´s business as usual that most Bikeparts, freshly after Euro/Interbike, are not available for purchase.
You know what? I´m desperately looking to buy a X-Fusion Slant and Hilo SL Seatpost for my new Spitfire. Interbike mtbr.com Video tells you Release in December. Wrote to the german distributor who gives March as the earliest Release, apart from unknown Prizing and unknown Models to sell :confused:

And: I am totally ok that (maybe) dealing with People who have Bushing-Issues comes first ...

#296 ·
From earlier in this thread and from an article that Kieth responded on.

"... As the article says those are early prototypes for frame and dropouts… both have been refined a lot so production frames will be a big step up in performance and aesthetics.
Frame weight is yet to be confirmed one we get some production frames through. But theoretically it will be within about 100g of the current frames for equivalent sizing ..."

This post has been deleted
#311 ·
I've only ever had one frame with good internal cable routing, my Prophet MX, that came with big thick rubber tubes pushed all the way through the swing arm, changing cables on that was a breeze and they silenced any rattles too. All these bikes with tiny plastic grommets are rubbish...

Good call on using zip-tie saddles throughout Keith, proper full length muck proofing!

#315 ·
@keith
would the below shocks work well with the V2 rune?
- Elka stage 5 with the v1 tune
- X-fusion vector air HLR
- Fox DHX air

What is the current tune settings for the fox CTD shock?

I was thinking of rebuilding my Elka for the V2 but the local elka representive has zero idea on how to tune it for the V2....:skep:

#319 ·
Elka have all the leverage info for the new bikes, so your local elka dealer should be able to get it from them. All the mentioned shocks should fit.

The Fox Float CTD tune is as follows for the Rune V2:
Boost Valve Pressure 200 PSI
Valving Assy: 2013 FLOAT CTD BV, VTL, RTM
Sleeve-Option LV
Air Volume Space = 0.4
Kashima Label Gold (Std)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.