Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Uhmmm, that could result in a 62.5 deg HA and 320mm BB for the Spitfire. Well, it´s never to slack

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    thrusting us well into the uncharted territory of uphillable, super long, super slack bikes.

Mind blown

I'll try throwing my 26" wheels on my Prime to see what happens.

Maybe it will spontaneously combust!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    the key here is the weight of the frame, I´m also very stocked with the bike and the performance after did an analysis but I´m little bit worried about the final weight... in my case for the LARGE size...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Here is a responding comment from Keith, taken from a Bike Rumor article:
    FIRST LOOK AT BANSHEE BIKES NEWLY REVAMPED SPITFIRE AND RUNE TRAIL BIKES

"... As the article says those are early prototypes for frame and dropouts… both have been refined a lot so production frames will be a big step up in performance and aesthetics.
    Frame weight is yet to be confirmed one we get some production frames through. But theoretically it will be within about 100g of the current frames for equivalent sizing ..."

Greetings
    NoStyle

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Here is a responding comment from Keith, taken from a Bike Rumor article:
    FIRST LOOK AT BANSHEE BIKES NEWLY REVAMPED SPITFIRE AND RUNE TRAIL BIKES

"... As the article says those are early prototypes for frame and dropouts… both have been refined a lot so production frames will be a big step up in performance and aesthetics.
    Frame weight is yet to be confirmed one we get some production frames through. But theoretically it will be within about 100g of the current frames for equivalent sizing ..."

Greetings
    NoStyle
    Sounds cool!

So we expected around 3 kilos and 3.300 from S-M to L-XL size. In case we were talking about for example 3.200 with shock for Large size I think it would be a nice weight so it would be only a question of define carefully the components of the bike... but knowing the performance of the suspension system of this bike I think the best option is purchased with the FOX RP23 CTD and then acquired a shock for bikeparks.

The system will work well with both shocks ( air and coil) so try to find the best weight for trails and routes and then got 2plys casings and dh wheels + shock coil to go bikeparks.

I expected 14 kilos with a good build with 1 ring

mtbr member
    Man this forum is too quiet!

Hey Keith, I thought I saw some proto Runes or Spitty's with X Fusion rear shocks but those aren't options, only Fox and CCDB. Is there a reason for that? Did they not work that well with the suspension design? I'm a lot bigger fan of X Fusion than either of those so I was disappointed not to see a Vector Air option!

Thanks,

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm a big fan of X-fusion too, they make great stuff at a good price point. I am testing now as we may offer more options in the future since suspension prices are getting a bit crazy. As it stands our distributors all want Fox, and so we supply what is demanded.
    Last edited by builttoride; 08-29-2012 at 02:50 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Roll on Spring Time!
    X-fusion are really making great stuff. I am in the market for a new rig and I am already prepared for the fact I may need to change the shock if it is not on offer as an option.
    I will be sending DNZ a mail to check on Rune price and availability unless anyone here knows something I dont?
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Maaanz i for one will go for CCDB coz there is only one Fox service center here and they sucks...will be great if there is another options and thank god your guys go with CCDB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I'm a big fan of X-fusion too, they make great stuff at a good price point. I am testing now as we may offer more options in the future since suspension prices are getting a bit crazy. As it stands our distributors all want Fox, and so we supply what is demanded.
    I too am a big Xfusion fan. I ran the Vector Air on my Rune, and now its on my wildcard. I was really hoping the new Rune would utilize the same size shock so I could switch it over, but it looks like that's not the case. The vector air is absolutely butter and I can't believe it wouldn't work well with the new Rune. In fact, the owner of my lbs has owned half a dozen banshees, and he was blown away when he took my wildcard out for a spin.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Well, Eurobike has started now. I hope that Keith, Jay and Jon (is there as I have heard) have managed to get a few Frames or Bikes to Friedrichshaven. I am in a relativ constant contact with the new german distributor and have a new Spitfire on order. At the same time I try hard to spread the Word about the new Banshees in the german IBC-news.de as much as possible - they got great attention from the start!

Yes, X-Fusion should be another good company to go with. Looking forward to the new Slant, as this Fork will work for both 26 and 650B.

Good Luck for the Eurobike-Days - enjoy Germany!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    how will the V2 pedal with a single 32t ring up front? does that match with the kinematics?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    how will the V2 pedal with a single 32t ring up front? does that match with the kinematics?
    The pedal efficiency of this Bike it´s simply awesome... so... don´t probs. at all.. in fact i will run with a 32t and 11-36 in the rear...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    is that an educated guess, or have you ridden it? don't take this as an offense please, I just really want to know.
    I am asking since I have the same setup on the V1 rune, and it prooved to be the best compromise for me between pedal kickback and bobbing.
    if the V2 Rune has less pedal kickback, I wonder if a slightly smaller ring would be better suited for pedaling...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The Rune V2 is optimised around the 28-34 tooth chainring range. I wouldn't say there is an perfect chainring size (there never is for a geared bike) as it depends on how much sag you run, and what cog you are in on the cassette too... most importantly it depends on personal preferance and shock setup. I personally run a 33 on mine and like the way it pedals.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    is that an educated guess, or have you ridden it? don't take this as an offense please, I just really want to know.
    I am asking since I have the same setup on the V1 rune, and it prooved to be the best compromise for me between pedal kickback and bobbing.
    if the V2 Rune has less pedal kickback, I wonder if a slightly smaller ring would be better suited for pedaling...
    Don´t worry, it´s not an offense... in fact I think it´s the normal question in this cases...

My reasoning is based on KINEMATICS, nowdays it´s not necessary to try a bike or a suspension system if you have the right tools to analyze it... there´s a program call linkage that throw a photo it´s capable to know the pedal efficiency, brake squat, pedal kickback... this kind of software plus autocad helps a lot to understand the suspension system and the feautres of the machine.

So, that´s why I know how this bike will be works more or less... in fact, this blog show perfectly the bike in gross numbers... the final release of the frames will be more accurate and better than the proto who banshee people has showed us recently...

linkagedesign.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/banshee-rune-v2-2013.html - Translator

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Hey Keith,

according to your statement from the Prime-Hammerschmidt-Thread:

"I don't recommend small granny rings for full suspension bikes... this is one reason that 2x10 was created. If hammerschmidt was redesigned to work around a 34 tooth chainring size it would work better with frames, but it would add weight, so that is why they didn't do it. If you do want to run hammerschmidt then that's up to you, but I would recommend going for the larger 24 tooth option for better compatibility with the linkage."

Does this recommendation applie to the Rune and Spitfire as well, especially the 24 Tooth when going with 2x9 or 2x10?

Greetings
    NoStyle

mtbr member
    May 2009
    probably... but as long as my 32t ring setup works fine, we are good to go
    btw. I ran my V1 rune with 22t and 26t grannyrings, and I di not like either of them...
    but the advantages of 1x9/10 setups and why you don't need the small gears have been discussed often enough now

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    ... but the advantages of 1x9/10 setups and why you don't need the small gears have been discussed often enough now
    Hmmm ... I sometimes thought about going 1x10 and had a chance to try out a few weeks ago, but it´s not the best option in my area and my fitness-level/uphill-skills, so I´m better of with 2x9/10 ...

The Mountain Bike Life
    I would LOVE stealth reverb compatability...I know I am super late for v2 but...maybe for future designs. Don't think Keith will love it if I drill a hole in my seat tube...lol...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hmmm ... I sometimes thought about going 1x10 and had a chance to try out a few weeks ago, but it´s not the best option in my area and my fitness-level/uphill-skills, so I´m better of with 2x9/10 ...
    Das mit der Fitness kommt dann schon, wenn du erstmal auf ein Kettenblatt umgestiegen bist

The Mountain Bike Life
    It all depends on the setup, I love my 1x10 setup. I am running a 28t up front and a 36/11 in the rear and it is low enough gearing for me to climb just about anything here in BC...the limitation is my fitness really. Don't ride someone else's set-up and think it's not for you, so many different ways to set it up...and I friggin LOVE it.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Das mit der Fitness kommt dann schon, wenn du erstmal auf ein Kettenblatt umgestiegen bist
    Naja, mal sehen. Vor 3 Wochen in Bodenseenähe: Ein Freund von mir trainiert mit seinem Wildcard seid geraumer Zeit auf zukünftig 1x10. Ich habe diese Anstiege schlicht nicht geschafft! Bei mir im großen Kölner Umland ist die Landschaft ähnlich, nur nicht ganz so hoch - da schreckt mich diese Übersetzung noch etwas. Allerdings ist das Wildcard nur mit Kompromissen tourentauglich, das Spitfire dürfte mich diesbezüglich eher unterstützen.
    Prinzipiell fände ich 1x10 auch deutlich angenehmer, aber bis dahin ist noch viel Arbeit ...

Viele Grüße
    Toddy

mtbr member
    Gotta say, I wish the V2 was designed around a 170mm fork rather than a 160mm w/ zero stack headset. I have a 160mm Xfusion Vengeance which has an A2C of 560mm (vs 545 for your typical Lyrik or Fox 36). This seems to provide little flexibility in regards to the adjustable geometry unless you like running your trail bike with a 64 HA.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    why not run it @ 64°?
    my lyrik has 170mm as well, and i have no worries concerning that...

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast