Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 452
  1. #301
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The 135x10mm option is the same interface as the old rune and spitfires.
    This actually has nothing to do with what I quoted, i just wanted to get your attention....Seems weird that I get advertisements to buy other bikes on the Banshee site when I click on the video/pictures of the Rune.

  2. #302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    This actually has nothing to do with what I quoted, i just wanted to get your attention....Seems weird that I get advertisements to buy other bikes on the Banshee site when I click on the video/pictures of the Rune.
    Haha, good point. We have an official rune V2 video that will go up shortly so we don't just link to Vital and their various website sponsors.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  3. #303
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Good! Not that someone would choose that GT of a Rune or spitfire

  4. #304
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    On the Banshee site with recently added geo specs for the V2 there is a weight listed of 6.5lbs for medium at bottom of spec sheet. I assume that is without shock, so 7.0lbs for medium w/RP23 and like 7.25-7.75lbs for bigger volumed air shocks. I figured a large V2 w/Monarch RC3 plus is going to weigh about 7.5lbs (the same as my large V1 w/ISX Evolver shock).
    That would be a sick weight... I thought it would lean more towards 8,5 lbs in Large with CTD Float because of the bushings...

    Lets see

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeman_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    58

    Rune V2

    Test!

  6. #306
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    That would be a sick weight...
    Yes, that would be amazing!

  7. #307
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20
    i wonder, which ist the right tune for the vivid air @ Rune V2 ?

  8. #308
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.A View Post
    i wonder, which ist the right tune for the vivid air @ Rune V2 ?
    Regarding itīs a virtual pivot point and the shock measure itīs 216x63

    Probably it will fit a MEDIUM tune...

    in fact, Iīve got a vivid coil rc2 in M tune waiting to put on my rune when I decide to go to the Bike Parks!!

  9. #309
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeman_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Arl5555en View Post
    I'm also glad to hear there will be no internal cable routing, what a pain in the ass!

    Have you ever changed a shifter without liner? Or changed on a Trail / Holiday-Trip?

    Ridley Noah Internal Cable Routing Solution Video - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

    Never a internal Cable!!!!!!!!!

  10. #310
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeman_2 View Post
    Have you ever changed a shifter without liner? Or changed on a Trail / Holiday-Trip?

    Ridley Noah Internal Cable Routing Solution Video - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

    Never a internal Cable!!!!!!!!!

    Haha I regularly have to defend my descision not to go with internal cable routing. I think anyone who has ever had to build or change components (especially hydraulic brakes) on a frame with internal cable routing will fully understand why I avoid it. I'm trying to save Banshee customers time, money and frustration.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  11. #311
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,652
    I've only ever had one frame with good internal cable routing, my Prophet MX, that came with big thick rubber tubes pushed all the way through the swing arm, changing cables on that was a breeze and they silenced any rattles too. All these bikes with tiny plastic grommets are rubbish...

    Good call on using zip-tie saddles throughout Keith, proper full length muck proofing!

  12. #312
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    338
    Are there 135X10mm dropouts for 650b wheels?

  13. #313
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by belljeffw View Post
    Are there 135X10mm dropouts for 650b wheels?
    The 650B dropouts will only come in 142x12mm standard to start with. if demand increases then we may expand the options. Most good hub manufacturers offer conversion kits.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  14. #314
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    338
    Just deciding which hubs to use. I have some Hope 2s laying around, but I hate the way they sound ; )

  15. #315
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    @keith
    would the below shocks work well with the V2 rune?
    - Elka stage 5 with the v1 tune
    - X-fusion vector air HLR
    - Fox DHX air

    What is the current tune settings for the fox CTD shock?

    I was thinking of rebuilding my Elka for the V2 but the local elka representive has zero idea on how to tune it for the V2....

  16. #316
    powered by bacon
    Reputation: helidave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by sxross View Post
    I was thinking of rebuilding my Elka for the V2 but the local elka representive has zero idea on how to tune it for the V2....
    send it to Elka. they can change the valving and length/stroke

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by helidave View Post
    send it to Elka. they can change the valving and length/stroke
    The local representative is elka certified and can do all the hardware changes. Problem is they say they have no information on which valving combination to use for the V2.

  18. #318
    powered by bacon
    Reputation: helidave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    436
    send keith a pm, he can send them the info.

  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Elka have all the leverage info for the new bikes, so your local elka dealer should be able to get it from them. All the mentioned shocks should fit.

    The Fox Float CTD tune is as follows for the Rune V2:
    Boost Valve Pressure 200 PSI
    Valving Assy: 2013 FLOAT CTD BV, VTL, RTM
    Sleeve-Option LV
    Air Volume Space = 0.4
    Kashima Label Gold (Std)
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  20. #320
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lostboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    561
    Will Flips Chips be provided with the frame?
    DDKS

  21. #321
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    The dropout kits that come with the frames (or separately if you buy a second set aftermarket) will contain bth sets of flip chips.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  22. #322
    biking is fun
    Reputation: climbingbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,349
    So as far as the black color option. Is that paint or Anodizing? I don't know if this is covered anywhere (but I have looked for a good 30 minutes).

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    492
    What would running 650B dropouts with a 26er wheel do to the BB height and CS length?

    Looking very closely at this frame now. Would love to get a raw frame to have it custom painted by Toxik Labs in Vancouver, would Trident be able to get me one?

  24. #324
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    What would running 650B dropouts with a 26er wheel do to the BB height and CS length?

    Looking very closely at this frame now. Would love to get a raw frame to have it custom painted by Toxik Labs in Vancouver, would Trident be able to get me one?
    CS length would be the same as with a 650b wheel, since the axle position is the same. Assuming you used 26 inch wheels on front and back, BB height would be 3/4 inches lower than with 650b wheels.

  25. #325
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba View Post
    So as far as the black color option. Is that paint or Anodizing? I don't know if this is covered anywhere (but I have looked for a good 30 minutes).
    Black frames are ano
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  26. #326
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    What would running 650B dropouts with a 26er wheel do to the BB height and CS length?

    Looking very closely at this frame now. Would love to get a raw frame to have it custom painted by Toxik Labs in Vancouver, would Trident be able to get me one?
    BB height remains the same as 26" for same dropout position, CS length increases by about 10mm over 26" dropout.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  27. #327
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    22
    Really disapointed looking at this weight, expected it to be around 5.9 lbs without shock for L. But 6.3 for M is making it one of the heaviest 160mm enduro frames.

  28. #328
    Junior Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by tene View Post
    Really disapointed looking at this weight, expected it to be around 5.9 lbs without shock for L. But 6.3 for M is making it one of the heaviest 160mm enduro frames.
    I am sorry but It looks like you are confused... You were expecting the weight of a carbon frame and that is impossible.

    The lightest 160 aluminium enduro frame is Liteville 301 and its weight is 5.5 lbs in M size without shock, and it weighs the same as Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon (6.16 lbs) with shock.

    So if 6.5 lbs is the final weight without shock (and here Keith is the only one who can confirm that point to us) it would be in the lightest part of aluminium enduro frames.

  29. #329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    I think those weights might be wrong. Will get the website updated when we hve frame weight with photo. It's going to be a bit heavier. Remember that this is not a weight weenie bike for those who secretly want to wear lycra and spend more time polishing their bikes than riding them. These bikes are designed to be ridden, and ridden hard.

    The efficiency gained from the superior frame stiffness combined with linkage kinematics will more than make up for any weight increase over competitors on the climbs, and when pointing downhill you'll be going to fast to think about anything else.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  30. #330
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I think those weights might be wrong. Will get the website updated when we hve frame weight with photo. It's going to be a bit heavier. Remember that this is not a weight weenie bike for those who secretly want to wear lycra and spend more time polishing their bikes than riding them. These bikes are designed to be ridden, and ridden hard.

    The efficiency gained from the superior frame stiffness combined with linkage kinematics will more than make up for any weight increase over competitors on the climbs, and when pointing downhill you'll be going to fast to think about anything else.
    Thatīs the main point...


  31. #331
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Kieth or Jay, can you tell us what Msrp is for Canada and the US please.

  32. #332
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    MRSP will be the same as they currently are for the Prime.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  33. #333
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    MRSP will be the same as they currently are for the Prime.
    And that is? I mean I can check Jenson USA and see the US sells it for $2000. but what about Canada, what is the actual MSRP for us up here?

  34. #334
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    338
    Yikes, need a decoder ring anymore to figure out front derailleurs. I gave up on Shimano's direct mount lingo, and went with an X9 S3 Bottom Pull 2X10 - which I assume will work on a 3X10 with a bash guard.

  35. #335
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    MRSP will be the same as they currently are for the Prime.
    Still trying to find out what the Canadian MSRP is. Bike. Shops in Canada say they do not know but does Banshee have a suggested MSRP for Canada? I even asked a few about the Prime since you said they would be similar but they did not know that either.

    The reason I am asking is if it is 2k I would be better off sellin my bike as a whole but if it is closer to $2200 then I would be better off to just try to sell the parts I think.
    Last edited by Mishtar; 10-19-2012 at 09:01 AM.

  36. #336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Regional MRSP's are actually set by the distributors based on the MRPS we provide in US$. I just spoke with Trident, and MRSP in Canada is $2075
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  37. #337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Thank you!

  38. #338
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Kieth, as far as the CCDB Air goes will the Rune require the modified HV inner can?

  39. #339
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Boost Valve Pressure 200 PSI
    Valving Assy: 2013 FLOAT CTD BV, VTL, RTM
    Sleeve-Option LV
    Air Volume Space = 0.4
    Kashima Label Gold (Std)
    Wait a minute here ( bolded for interesting )

    So I need Low Volume shock for the new Rune?

  40. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    Wait a minute here ( bolded for interesting )

    So I need Low Volume shock for the new Rune?
    LV - Large Volume

  41. #341
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Regional MRSP's are actually set by the distributors based on the MRPS we provide in US$. I just spoke with Trident, and MRSP in Canada is $2075
    With which Rear Shock?

  42. #342
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    With which Rear Shock?
    I can asnwer this as I looked into it already with Trident and it is with the Fox Float CTD.

  43. #343
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Kieth, as far as the CCDB Air goes will the Rune require the modified HV inner can?
    We have done some testing, and overall we prefered the HV can, and will be specing that with a couple of internal spacers, however the regular can worked 95% as well as final tune, and gave a slightly more progressive XC feel to the bike.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  44. #344
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    We have done some testing, and overall we prefered the HV can, and will be specing that with a couple of internal spacers, however the regular can worked 95% as well as final tune, and gave a slightly more progressive XC feel to the bike.
    Any more info on the internal spacers? I ask because the frame warrantys are only available from Trident with the Fox Float or no shock, so if I wanted to buy a CCDB air and get the HV can just wondering what internal spacers i would need.

  45. #345
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    180
    Good to announce that the first rune v2 will arrive to my home in 4 days.... are you ready??...

    Find attached the assembly....

    Rune V2- what is your wishlist?-imagen1.jpg

    As you can see, I expected the weight of the frame having no idea about the real one but 3.400kg size L or 3.500 itīs perfectly possible... so I think itīs a rasonable approximation...



    pd: Many thanks to keith and jay for their support and lovely treatment;

  46. #346
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Any more info on the internal spacers? I ask because the frame warrantys are only available from Trident with the Fox Float or no shock, so if I wanted to buy a CCDB air and get the HV can just wondering what internal spacers i would need.

    Rune spec for the DBair is Xvol can with 1 large volume spacer. Base settings are as follows:

    LSR - 14 clicks in
    LSC - 10 clicks in
    HSR - 2 turns in
    HSC - 2 turns in

    These are just a rough guide to get started, but I actively encourage riders to make adjustments and try tuning the shock to match their personal needs.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  47. #347
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    58
    what frame size do you recommend to a person who is 8'2'' tall with a 35'' inseam?

  48. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,948
    Xxxxxxxxl

  49. #349
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    58
    yeah obviously.

    This was supposed to be 6'2'' in fact.

  50. #350
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,948
    You are tweener in my book. Large with a 70 mm stem or XL with a 50mm

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GPS wishlist
    By matt_brodie in forum GPS, HRM and Bike Computer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:54 PM
  2. a wishlist for nino
    By peabody in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
  3. wishlist for HH frames for 05???
    By hammerheadbikes in forum Titus
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:25 AM
  4. Keystone Wishlist
    By ezweave in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:12 AM
  5. Keystone Wishlist
    By ezweave in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •