Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    If the ETT stays the same, the reach has to lengthen as the STA steepens because the head tube would have to move forward to keep the same ETT. Remember reach is the horizontal measurement from the BB to the top tube; it's not dependent on the STA.
    Makes sense now, thanks and why reach is always difficult for me to picture and comprehend how a bike is going to fit as it is an elusive point from above the BB, not the saddle. So if the ETT stays the same and one is still going to stick with a short stem and mostly ride hovering off of the saddle, is the fit going to feel much different than a bike with 1.5" shorter reach with same ETT? Ultimately the question is, if a large V1 Rune fit well w/45mm stem, is going to fit similar than V2 or do I need to size down to frame with much shorter ETT to compensate for vast reach differences between the two?
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Makes sense now, thanks and why reach is always difficult for me to picture and comprehend how a bike is going to fit as it is an elusive point from above the BB, not the saddle. So if the ETT stays the same and one is still going to stick with a short stem and mostly ride hovering off of the saddle, is the fit going to feel much different than a bike with 1.5" shorter reach with same ETT? Ultimately the question is, if a large V1 Rune fit well w/45mm stem, is going to fit similar than V2 or do I need to size down to frame with much shorter ETT to compensate for vast reach differences between the two?
    I think from what you are descirbing you will feel more comfortable on a medium Rune V2 since you say you spend mot the time out of the saddle. You could always place the saddle a bit further back in the rails to help get more room when in the saddle if you feel the need, and if that isn't enough you could go up to a 60mm stem, but I have a feeling that will not be necessary.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezKneez View Post
    what frame size do you recommend to a person who is 8'2'' tall with a 35'' inseam?
    Serious? 8´2"..??? Should be XXXXL...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    and a 36er

_va
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    lolo ETT 800?))))

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Can someone on here who is smarter thren me please tell me what the reach is on my Large Wilson compared to the 441mm the Large Rune will have according to the Banshee website. I am comfortable on my Large Rune and Large wilson but with the Rune getting longer I will know if I am ok with that if the Wilson is already longer in the reach.

These are the numbers:
    L ST SA SH TT CS WB BBH SOH HT
    cm in deg deg mm in mm in mm in mm in mm In mm in
    44.5 17.5 72.0 64.0 622 24.4 430 16.9 1203 47.3 355 13.9 740 29.1 120 4.7

Actual chart of the numbers is located here.

DEVINCI

beater
    When I've had to figure it out for my own comparisons I used this calculator:

http://bikegeo.muha.cc/
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    When I've had to figure it out for my own comparisons I used this calculator:

geometryCalc
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Kieth according to that calculator my Wilson which I find perfect is 432mm Reach. The new Rune in a large is 442mm and the medium is 417mm. The old Rune you mentioned was 32mm shorter in a Large so it was 410mm which makes the reach even shorter then the new mediums. However the Large Rune V2 has a shorter Wb and TT lenght then the Large Wilson .

I re-checked my inseam and it is a 34 not 32 and I am 6 ft. I would be building the bike up with a 170 fork and the CCDB Air for the type of riding I like, which is rolls, drops, jumps and flowy. However I will have to lighten it up when I move to Ottawa from Victoria next year. So in the end it will become more of a xc bike.

Given all of those factors and that I do not know of one on the Island to sit on to check out, what would you think I would fit on with your engineer based mind?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    2 things that I forgot to add are my Stem on the Large is actually a 60mm ( just checked it) and my bar is a 685mm in the setup I am comfortabble with but I will be picking up a 711mm bar for the new bike and a new stem, Length based on what you recommend. Sorry about all the questions Kieth, I just want to make sure I order the right size and since I cannot sit on one I need to pick your brain!

Oh and I earn my turns I won't be shuttling that is saved for the Wilson.
    Last edited by Mishtar; 10-25-2012 at 02:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Kieth according to that calculator my Wilson which I find perfect is 432mm Reach. The new Rune in a large is 442mm and the medium is 417mm. The old Rune you mentioned was 32mm shorter in a Large so it was 410mm which makes the reach even shorter then the new mediums. However the Large Rune V2 has a shorter Wb and TT lenght then the Large Wilson .

I re-checked my inseam and it is a 34 not 32 and I am 6 ft. I would be building the bike up with a 170 fork and the CCDB Air for the type of riding I like, which is rolls, drops, jumps and flowy. However I will have to lighten it up when I move to Ottawa from Victoria next year. So in the end it will become more of a xc bike.

Given all of those factors and that I do not know of one on the Island to sit on to check out, what would you think I would fit on with your engineer based mind?
    At 6'0 and 34" inseam, I would think a large is the way to go for you, especially if your DH bike is a large as well and you plan to do a lot of pedalling on it. Just slap on a 35-50 stem tops and move saddle forward if too long of a reach.

From the sounds of it, the V2 large seems be ideal for 5'11-6'2" riders with longer torsos than legs. I still think a medium is going to be too short in height and length for me at 5'10-11" and 32" inseam (pants). I am still baffled as the bike I am riding now, medium Yeti SB-66 fits me pretty much ideal, if not on the long side with 160 fork and 24.3" ETT, 18" ST, 45.5" WB, 13.3-13.65" BB (dependent upon fork position 130 or 160) with 50mm stem and 780 bars/25mm rise with no spacers and internal headset. Not sure what the reach is on it, but imagine it is way less than 17.3" as a large V2 is.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    2 things that I forgot to add are my Stem on the Large is actually a 60mm ( just checked it) and my bar is a 685mm in the setup I am comfortabble with but I will be picking up a 711mm bar for the new bike and a new stem, Length based on what you recommend. Sorry about all the questions Kieth, I just want to make sure I order the right size and since I cannot sit on one I need to pick your brain!

Oh and I earn my turns I won't be shuttling that is saved for the Wilson.
    I think a Large frame with short stem (~40-50mm) would work well for you, but if you get a chance try to test ride one (or even just sit on one in a shop) before commiting.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Size is always very individual and difficult to advice.
    Personally I ride a Wildcard in L and a friend of mine, who is the same size than you in M. The M Wildcard is claimed for riders up to 6´1" (188cm). And the ETT is 587mm with 409mm REACH.
    That is very close to the new RUNE geo with ETT 584 and 417mm REACH. It really depends on what you plan to do with the bike. For trail ripping, DH rides, technical stuff etc. the shorter model will probably serve you better. For MUCH more XC rides you will like the L. But for XC rides, for example the Spitfire would be the better choice IMHO.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    My V2 wish is that I wish mine wasn't stuck in Paris. This is almost painful nnnng.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Kieth, on page 6 of this thread there is a picture of 3 different colour frames. Are these the actual final versions? Just wondering if the graphics will be exactly like the pictures or if he blue may end up with white stripes vs the black?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Those are computer generated representations of the final designs, the exact shade of blue may vary slightly and the raw will look like Banshee raw always does, but the decal colours will be as they are there.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thank you Kieth.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Anyone know what lenght steerer tube will be needed to run a tapered or straight 1 1/8th steerer? I am looking at a used fork for now until what I want is available in feb.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The geometry claims that S/M frames have 110mm headtube and L/XL 125mm. Typical stem has 40mm stack height ( some are lower, but 40mm is average ). Zero stack headset will take about 5mm. So you need minimum 125 + 40 + 5 -> 170mm of steerer. Plan for more if you want to use spacers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thank you so much!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thank you so much!
    count 10mm for the zero stack headset, that is more realistic... I would be looking into around 180mm...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Anyone know which front mechs are suitable for the V2 rune? Will any S3 mech work?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    Anyone know which front mechs are suitable for the V2 rune? Will any S3 mech work?

Cheers
    here is a thought for you:
    XX1 | SRAM

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post

Cheers
    I would also want to ask this question

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Danshee and uzurpator, please read back one or two pages, because I have asked this question here a few days ago. Keith mentioned that all KS-Link-Bikes do have S3-Directmount-Standard and all SRAM DM-Frontderailleurs do work. Shimano XT does work too, but not the SLX. There will be a list to come when compability is fixed.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast