Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    You are tweener in my book. Large with a 70 mm stem or XL with a 50mm
    I am 6#3" with 36" inseam, and all over the large with 40mm stem, probably... I think XL makes sense for 6#5" and above, certainly not for 6#2" guys...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I am 6#3" with 36" inseam, and all over the large with 40mm stem, probably... I think XL makes sense for 6#5" and above, certainly not for 6#2" guys...
    It seems you like small fittingbbikes. How much seat post is sticking out when you are climbing a fire road? A 24" ETT is typically about right for a six footer.

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Just another opinion, or more like experience.

I am 179 cm (somewhere near 6ft in your book), and I have a Large Rune V1, and I have been using 40mm stem. I have tried a Med Rune V1, set up for my height (owner is my size), and it used a 70mm stem in the end, as it started with a 90mm stem.
    I found I like the bigger bike with smaller stem a lot more.

I'll get a Prime, but this time I'll go for a Medium. (prime medium is bigger than rune v1 med), and hopefully a 50 or 60mm stem at max will be good. I don't like being on too small of a bike and then using a gigantic stem. I try to go for the bigger frame size.

At your size, L would be a solid choice, and if needed use a 35mm or 40mm stem (take in account the V2 sizes are bigger than V1)

mtbr member
    I didn't check the reach #s but the Effective top tube on the large is 24" on V1 and V2.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    yes, but the reach is what counts after all (ETT is influenced by seattubeangle) and my Large Rune V1 is actually quite small for someone in the 6#2-3" area... I ride mine with 70mm stem... but the new V2 is much longer, although the ETT does not tell...

Cannonball!
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Black frames are ano
    Blue frames are paint/powder coat?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Powder coated.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

_va
    mtbr member
    Hello!

I owned a Banshee Rune forum.dirt.ru/showthread.php?p=2234044 (theme on local forum about bike) and bought it in BikeTech
    I'm having problems with the suspension - Lower Link. Sleeves that
    were bundled with the frame I used after the first occurrence play and
    now I do not have the repair kit and the suspension re-play. In
    BikeTech spare no sleeves! You do not have any upgradkit to
    translate suspension for Bearing? My frame number P11490382 and I am
    the first and only owner. You can help me in any way? Or can you think
    about the issues of the repair kit? I'm willing to pay for upgrade kit
    for lower link

I talked with Russian diller! You don't answer their letters and they can tell nothing according to the upgrade program!

How i can get upgrade kit for my rune?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezKneez View Post
    yeah obviously.

This was supposed to be 6'2'' in fact.
    I am same height as you (I have pretty long arms, but other promotions are normalish) and I'm comfortable on large with 60mm stem for all day riding.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    yes, but the reach is what counts after all (ETT is influenced by seattubeangle) and my Large Rune V1 is actually quite small for someone in the 6#2-3" area... I ride mine with 70mm stem... but the new V2 is much longer, although the ETT does not tell...
    Do you happen to know the reach lengths of a V1 and V2 for a large frame? I was thinking and hoping since the V2 has a much steeper seat tube angle to offeset the slacker HTA, that the reach would be a bit shorter as I am a "tweener" at 5'11" between a medium and large (23.8" ETT w/50 stem is about perfect for me).
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I am same height as you (I have pretty long arms, but other promotions are normalish) and I'm comfortable on large with 60mm stem for all day riding.
    What do you suggest for someone who is 6ft with a 34 inch inseam.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    What do you suggest for someone who is 6ft with a 34 inch inseam.
    I'd suggest a large would be best fit most likely. But it is worth you doing some homwork and comparing geometry to that of a bike you currently feel comfortable on. Only you can make the final descison.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I am comfortable on my large Rune but not sure if the new V2 will feel a bit larger or not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Comparing the old rune to new rune for same size id interesting. The Rune V2 has a more aggressive geometry, and by this I don't just mean slackr head angle. The whole geometry is desinged to bring you forward on the bike a bit more to attacke the trail and keep good weight on front tire. (similar concept to skiing really, if you commit and lean down the hill you gain control and can hold speed better).

In sitting position both bikes will have a similar spacing from saddle to bars, due to the steeper seat angle (which also heps a lot when climbing) your whole body is shifted forwards a bit, and the reach is 38mm longer on the Rune V2. So when out of the saddle the new rune V2 will feel longer and more stable than the old one. If you like to throw your bike around a lot and enjoy having a flickable agile bike over one that is more aimed towards a comfortable position for log days in the saddle, then you may want to consider shifting down to a medium V2 frame if you are currently comfortavle on a large and already run a short stem.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

_va
    mtbr member
    builttoride Can you help russian banshee rune owners with upgrade kits? forums.mtbr.com/9811020-post358.html how much it will be cost? Sorry for offtop

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _va View Post
    builttoride Can you help russian banshee rune owners with upgrade kits? forums.mtbr.com/9811020-post358.html how much it will be cost? Sorry for offtop
    Youll need to apply to your distributor (BIKETECH) for details on upgrade options in Russia. You can find their contact details in the distributor section of our website.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Comparing the old rune to new rune for same size id interesting. The Rune V2 has a more aggressive geometry, and by this I don't just mean slackr head angle. The whole geometry is desinged to bring you forward on the bike a bit more to attacke the trail and keep good weight on front tire. (similar concept to skiing really, if you commit and lean down the hill you gain control and can hold speed better).

In sitting position both bikes will have a similar spacing from saddle to bars, due to the steeper seat angle (which also heps a lot when climbing) your whole body is shifted forwards a bit, and the reach is 38mm longer on the Rune V2. So when out of the saddle the new rune V2 will feel longer and more stable than the old one. If you like to throw your bike around a lot and enjoy having a flickable agile bike over one that is more aimed towards a comfortable position for log days in the saddle, then you may want to consider shifting down to a medium V2 frame if you are currently comfortavle on a large and already run a short stem.

Thank you for the info. I run a 50mm stem right now and it feels about right so I guess i could runner a shorter stem or just try it out with a 50mm again.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    you do realize that the V2 has a 38mm longer reach? you cannot go shorter than 30mm stem so you would still have a 20mm longer bike... just saying that you should consider the smaller bike if you really think the length is perfect right now...

_va
    mtbr member
    Youll need to apply to your distributor (BIKETECH) for details on upgrade options in Russia. You can find their contact details in the distributor section of our website.
    I know these people personally. They know nothing about your program and can't contact you - you don't answer their letters! You can tell at least that the upgrade program includes? What parts of a suspension bracket will change? Or all frame on the new will change?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    one thing I must say.

I never had any question unanswered by banshee directly... why should they not want to reply to distributors mails? my suspicion is that the dealers/distributors who pretend to get no answere never sent a mail in the first place... sorry to say, but as a simple private costumer who always had good contact, with both keith and jay, I can hardly imagine any of those suspicions are true...

_va
    mtbr member
    They sent letters. They and my letters are answered by 1 time in 2 weeks...

mtbr member

Interesting and thanks for explanation of the sizing difference, Keith! But man, a 38mm (1.5") longer reach seems like a big change to me. Any general sizing recommendation for someone 5'11" w/shoes (5'10" without) with 32" pant inseam that rode V1.5 large w/45mm stem and saddle pushed all the way forward to max position (could easily ran a 35mm stem w/saddle back some). I am currently on a medium Yeti SB-66 (24.1" ETT) with 50mm stem, saddle max forward with similar fit and feel for climbing and descending. I don't like to run longer than 50mm stems, but a 18" seat tube is about the shortest I can comfortably go for the long climbs due to seatpost jacked to the moon and in the max position. I am just trying to put this together as my medium Yeti Sb-66 and large V1.5 Rune has almost identical geometry and fit with 160 fork. But, not sure how a large V2 would playout for me on the trail and afraid a medium will be a little too short as most 23" ETT and <18" AM/trail bikes are, but seems to like bikes with 16.5-17" reach tops.

Thanks for any recommendations.
    Jon
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    you do realize that the V2 has a 38mm longer reach? you cannot go shorter than 30mm stem so you would still have a 20mm longer bike... just saying that you should consider the smaller bike if you really think the length is perfect right now...
    That's what I am pondering and wrestling with as well, as I am of similar sizing to Mishstar. I still don't understand how a bike with same ETT and steeper STA = longer reach. I understand how a shorter head tube stack would stretch you out a bit more. I would think the steeper STA would bring you closer to the bars. I am now confused
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    That's what I am pondering and wrestling with as well, as I am of similar sizing to Mishstar. I still don't understand how a bike with same ETT and steeper STA = longer reach. I understand how a shorter head tube stack would stretch you out a bit more. I would think the steeper STA would bring you closer to the bars. I am now confused
    +1 for me on this.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    If the ETT stays the same, the reach has to lengthen as the STA steepens because the head tube would have to move forward to keep the same ETT. Remember reach is the horizontal measurement from the BB to the top tube; it's not dependent on the STA.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast